Open Training Report - Wednesday 11th June

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergsone
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:Training (I use that word because that was what it was advertised as) was the worst I have seen in the past 4 years.

It's obvious that Ross Lyin has been told to have open training sessions by the Board.

Less than 45 minutes of skylarking. No serious training whatsoever.

Goal kicking practice? What a joke.
95% of shots missed. Nobody was serious about it (all laughing and lairising).

This team is going backwards at a furious rate.

Anyone (including players) planning holidays or weddings in September for the next few years, go for it.
Few years though it is going to be another 10 years

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Open Training Report - Wednesday 11th June

SaintBot wrote:
Absentees, remembering I got there possibly 15 minutes after the commencement of training, were Steven King, Xavier Clarke, Max Hudghton, Fraser Gehrig, Steven Baker, Luke Ball, Michael Gardiner, Raphael Clarke, Brendon Goddard, Sam Gilbert, Justin Koschitzke, Sam Fisher, Jason Blake, Matt Maguire, Eljay Connors, Luke Van Rheenen, Steven Silvangi and Ross Lyon.
now, this i dont understand.
why would the coach not be at a training session out on the field having a good look how everyone is performing?.

im also worried about the comments of the guys just having pot shots at a bin and seeming to be in a very jovial mood.
friggin hell goal kicking accuracy seems to be a big problem, along with foot skills (same thing isnt it, really ??).
i wonder if any of the guys actually practice goal kicking and foot skills on non training days, seeing as it seems to be our downfall at the mo.

anyway thanks for the reports, always good to hear and read this sorta stuff as peeps interstate would have no idea what goes up between game days....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I would like to think it was just Media Training and you can't read anything into it, but given how we have performed this year who the F*** knows anymore???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

media training????

(not directed at above poster) but what a load of bollocks.
who gives a frigg about the bloody media, go out there and train the friggin house down.
frigg the media.......i want some hard training so i can see some results on the weekend.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Agreed, throw the book at them, if they can't handle it then don't play on the weekend.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

you ever think there more that go's on then what the club allows you to see ? its an open trianing its basically a come see the players session im sure you will find RL and his team are doing alot more then what you have seen

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
longtimesaint
Club Player

The main training sessions are all closed sessions.
The one open training session is mainly for the fans and one for the media to attend.
I dont think the players are expected to train hard on this day, and all set plays and fitness tests are done behid closed doors.

One year will be our year
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:The main training sessions are all closed sessions.
The one open training session is mainly for the fans and one for the media to attend.
I dont think the players are expected to train hard on this day, and all set plays and fitness tests are done behid closed doors.
hey dont let the truth get in the way of a good dig at the coach !!! its all Westaways fault :roll: :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Surely the club would want the public to be seeing that we're actually putting in an effort to improve. You can do that by showing a gruelling training session for your open one. It's not like there are any secrets these days at AFL level.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
Surely the club would want the public to be seeing that we're actually putting in an effort to improve. You can do that by showing a gruelling training session for your open one. It's not like there are any secrets these days at AFL level.
as the report stater they only got there a 3 and half the guys had left to do other things at 230 so how can you tell what was done and what wasnt ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

That is right. Yesterday wa not a training day. Again we have been told a little lie. Training this week was Tuesday and is today.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav

I was there from 2.25pm till 4.00pm.

They started coming out in dribs and drabs from about 2.45pm for a session advertised to start at 2.45pm. They were done and dusted by 3.30pm.

I know what was and what wasn't done. SFA.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I also attended training yesterday afternoon and for me it was more about the lack of chat and rapport between the players as they participated in what I thought was a lacklustre training session.
It's not often I get to training so I was more than surprised that there wasn't any circle work, for at least it promotes talking between the team mates. Playing kick to kick for defenders at the South Road end of the ground, and kicking at goal from basically dead in front for the Nepean Highway group was not inspiring and I continue to fell they are not playing as a team and for each other. As for Lenny fronting the media conference, I thought this was the job for the captain.....