OMG DAL AND STVIE R OUT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Zippy
Club Player

The problem isn't that the coach is willing to drop high-profile players, for me at least. It's that he waited too long, and dropped the wrong one (Gram or Montagna would be more appropriate).

Still, if one of our best this year can be dropped because they feel he should be even better, that is a very good message to send to the list.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Re: OMG DAL AND STVIE R OUT

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:Seriously people sort yourselves out and get back to us....

first you all bleated for young players to come in, to drop some underperforming senior players.... Let's bag lyon for playing the likes of dampster etc........

Then he makes some big changes, with the underperforming dal (I'm sorry but 59% efficiency for an outside player is not good enough) and milne being dropped. Then we have the sad sacks like plugger66 suggesting that this is similar to the hawks match last year.....

You can't have your cake and eat it kiddies....

I personally like the changes, would not be suprised if either dempster or harvey don't come up that howard might be a late change.

We are getting in form youngsters of armo, allen, mcenvoy and eddy. This is exciting, I can't wait!!!
You have no idea. I said that because 3 players were making there debut but if you cant read between the lines you have lived up to my expectations of you.
so three players are making their debut, thankgod we have 19 others who have acutally played the game before. Tomorrow night has nothing similar to the hawks match, for a start we are dropping players out of form. Second we are elevating young players in decient form. Thirdly we have not been forced to play young players or seconds because of injuries.

Like it or not I think your an idiot. As joffa said, yes we are making short term pain for long term gain. Tanking or not tanking, who really cares. In the view of the coaching staff this is the best way to manage our current situation. I am one who supports this.....

I would still back us to win tomorrow night.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintjake
Club Player

LOL

we all cant make up our minds here
we were calling for young players to be put up
and now we have dropped 2 big names (who havnt been doing what they can do)
were all angry
settle down and see how it goes.

if dal and milney have any heart
they will dominate the vfl
come back and dominate the afl
to stick it right up ross.

bergsone
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:i wanted Ross to play the kids... just not all of them together at the same time for the first time in rd 13

would have preferred a bit more of a play them on their merits as form warrants regularly throughout the season

the other extreme is no good either
CORRECT

linz
Club Player

I suppose it depends on why we play the game.
Option 1 is to play to win for winnings sake.
Option 2 is to play games in the hope that we will eventually field a Premiership side.

Option 2 is my preferred option.

Assuming 2008 is shot; we need to look to 2009 & beyond. Therefore, we need to give everyone on our list a fair go so that we know who is good enough to play in our next Premiership side.

Trouble is Coaches are a bit like Politicians. They know they have a limited tenure unless short term results are achieved. As a result they concentrate on the short and not long-term. I hope Westaway and the board give him a chance 'cause if Fishlips can win a flag; Ross Lyon certainly can.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Looking further into what Ross Lyon is doing with the playing group I'm happy to go along with it. You have to give him credit, it's a gutsy move dropping a player like Dal, a really gutsy move! I was listening on SEN this afternoon and they were paying him kudos for doing what plenty of other coaches have always threatened but rarely, if ever, have acted on!

I'll be rapt seeing one of our new guys hit the field tomorrow! Welcome and congratulations Ben McEvoy...the best of luck to you!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

first you all bleated for young players to come in, to drop some underperforming senior players.... Let's bag lyon for playing the likes of dampster etc........

Then he makes some big changes, with the underperforming dal (I'm sorry but 59% efficiency for an outside player is not good enough) and milne being dropped. Then we have the sad sacks like plugger66 suggesting that this is similar to the hawks match last year.....

I personally like the changes, would not be suprised if either dempster or harvey don't come up that howard might be a late change.

We are getting in form youngsters of armo, allen, mcenvoy and eddy. This is exciting, I can't wait!!!
You have no idea. I said that because 3 players were making there debut but if you cant read between the lines you have lived up to my expectations of you.
so three players are making their debut, thankgod we have 19 others who have acutally played the game before. Tomorrow night has nothing similar to the hawks match, for a start we are dropping players out of form. Second we are elevating young players in decient form. Thirdly we have not been forced to play young players or seconds because of injuries.

Like it or not I think your an idiot. As joffa said, yes we are making short term pain for long term gain. Tanking or not tanking, who really cares. In the view of the coaching staff this is the best way to manage our current situation. I am one who supports this.....

Well you think I am idiot. Well get in line. I really dont think you have a brain. I said the Hawks game because in both games 3 players made their debut. Get it or should I speak slowly.

3 P l a y e r s m a k i n g D e b u t.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Looking further into what Ross Lyon is doing with the playing group I'm happy to go along with it. You have to give him credit, it's a gutsy move dropping a player like Dal, a really gutsy move! I was listening on SEN this afternoon and they were paying him kudos for doing what plenty of other coaches have always threatened but rarely, if ever, have acted on!

I'll be rapt seeing one of our new guys hit the field tomorrow! Welcome and congratulations Ben McEvoy...the best of luck to you!
The making of RL I hope.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well you think I am idiot. Well get in line. I really dont think you have a brain. I said the Hawks game because in both games 3 players made their debut. Get it or should I speak slowly.

oh wow, congrats you found a game where 3 players made their debut.....

guess what, it had NO impact on the outcome, unlike the point you made "if you read between the lines of your comment".

I have a brain mate, I can just think outside the square, your stuck in one mode and hell to anyone who thinks otherwise.

If I could be bothered I would look up the last time a AFL club debuted 3 players but can't be bothered because really it has nothing to do with it. All three are in reasonable form and have been selected. About time IMO.

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

oh wow, congrats you found a game where 3 players made their debut.....

guess what, it had NO impact on the outcome, unlike the point you made "if you read between the lines of your comment".

I have a brain mate, I can just think outside the square, your stuck in one mode and hell to anyone who thinks otherwise.

If I could be bothered I would look up the last time a AFL club debuted 3 players but can't be bothered because really it has nothing to do with it. All three are in reasonable form and have been selected. About time IMO.
You still dont get it. I was pointing out that I had heard there would be 3 players making their debut so the only game I could remember that happening for the saints before was the Hawks game. It had nothing to do with that game or how we played. I was talking about that game because 3 made their debut. The thread was started before the sides were selected so I was giving a heads up there would be 3 new players.

I know this is far to hard for you to understand so go to this website.

readthethreadproperlyandthinkbeforewriting.com.au

Solar
Saintsational Legend

thats bulls*** plugger66 and you know it

you made it very clear that you believed that bringing in three players in their first game at the same was a stupid idea and added to it that it was very similar to the hawks player. Both games are completely different and thus your argument stunk.....

6 weeks too soon to have these kids given a go, about time. Will not be anything like the hawks match. Maybe I overestimate your ramblings, perhaps you are just simple...

last time we debuted 3 players we lost

therefore this time we will lose

me smart :roll:

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Solar"]thats bulls*** plugger66 and you know it

you made it very clear that you believed that bringing in three players in their first game at the same was a stupid idea and added to it that it was very similar to the hawks player. Both games are completely different and thus your argument stunk.....

6 weeks too soon to have these kids given a go, about time. Will not be anything like the hawks match. Maybe I overestimate your ramblings, perhaps you are just simple...

last time we debuted 3 players we lost

therefore this time we will lose

me smart :roll:[/quote

We remember that day dont we and how many new players debut that day well tomorrow may be similar.

This is exactly what I wrote. Can you read it and tell me were it says I think we will lose or it is a bad idea. No you cannot. It is quite clear I was talking about how many players debut that day and said tomorrow will be similar.

Now go and read that website.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Yes we should tank.

the draft will be corrupt even more so after this one. Last chance to ge a crop of good young kids until about 2012 - 2013.

If we have any faint canche at a flag in the next five years, it is time to put up the shutters, work out who goes, who stays, play the kids, trade for pace, and use the high dps for quick midfielders.

Time to look to 2009.

plugger66 wrote
Well I think we have started well as this side on paper would be our worst side since the infamous Hawks game last year.

I know it was not your first quote on it but it sums up your view on the whole situation....

did I read that quote wrongly......

:roll:

FQF
In richo I trust

robbo_25
Club Player

y not get rid of players like gwilt and dempster who are making no impact

robbo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:joffaboy wrote:
Yes we should tank.

the draft will be corrupt even more so after this one. Last chance to ge a crop of good young kids until about 2012 - 2013.

If we have any faint canche at a flag in the next five years, it is time to put up the shutters, work out who goes, who stays, play the kids, trade for pace, and use the high dps for quick midfielders.

Time to look to 2009.

plugger66 wrote
Well I think we have started well as this side on paper would be our worst side since the infamous Hawks game last year.

I know it was not your first quote on it but it sums up your view on the whole situation....

The problem with that moron is that was written after what you wrote. I wrote that at 6.11 after reading what you wrote 5.46. You are wrong and you know it. You are badly beaten. Now go roll up in a corner and cry yourself to sleep. But before you do it read that website.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Yes we should tank.

Time to look to 2009.

plugger66 wrote

The problem with that moron is that was written after what you wrote. I wrote that at 6.11 after reading what you wrote 5.46. You are wrong and you know it. You are badly beaten. Now go roll up in a corner and cry yourself to sleep. But before you do it read that website.
Sorry Plugger, I'm lost with the Hawks reference too...is it just that we debuted 3 newbies? All this arguing, I'm keen to know what it's about!

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

robbo_25 wrote:y not get rid of players like gwilt and dempster who are making no impact
Because not making enough of an impact is a worse crime than making no impact.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Yes we should tank.

Time to look to 2009.

plugger66 wrote

Sorry Plugger, I'm lost with the Hawks reference too...is it just that we debuted 3 newbies? All this arguing, I'm keen to know what it's about!
That was all I was comparing it to that both games had 3 new players. Nothing at all to the style of play or if we would lose.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Yes we should tank.

Time to look to 2009.

plugger66 wrote

That was all I was comparing it to that both games had 3 new players. Nothing at all to the style of play or if we would lose.
:lol: OK...goddit. It wasn't an argument, more a discussion on clarity.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We remember that day dont we and how many new players debut that day well tomorrow may be similar.
may be similar?

Yes I remember that day, in fact we only had one FIT player on our list not to play. Yes we debuted 3 players but we also had a very out of form and YOUNG team which had been stripped of it's experience and form by injuries.

So tell me how I'm not supposed to equate the above quote to what I mentioned earlier....

BTW stop being such a know it all wanker, you really do come across as someone who looks down on those with other views. So over your hypocritical nonsense...

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We remember that day dont we and how many new players debut that day well tomorrow may be similar.
may be similar?

Yes I remember that day, in fact we only had one FIT player on our list not to play. Yes we debuted 3 players but we also had a very out of form and YOUNG team which had been stripped of it's experience and form by injuries.

So tell me how I'm not supposed to equate the above quote to what I mentioned earlier....

BTW stop being such a know it all wanker, you really do come across as someone who looks down on those with other views. So over your hypocritical nonsense...
You started it by saying that quote you just mentioned means I am a sad sack. How does that quote equate to being a sad sack.

You keep talking about a young team that day with only one fit player not playing. What the hell has that got to do with me saying that the amount of players who played their first game will be similar to tomorrow night.

Look I shouldnt be having a go at you because you must still be in primary school so I will go easy from now on.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Dal Santo and Milne out while Blake remains in the team. This would have to be the worst decision in the history of StKFC. How Blake is even on the list after he lost us the game last season against Collingwood is a mystery. Great stuff Saints!!

Obviously don't go back far you must be about 2 years old...
No I've followed this club for 30 years and enough is enough. In that time they've been a rabble, shown promise, made a GF and several PF's. To have a team challenging for a premiership only 2 seasons ago, and to see what is going on now beggars belief.

How can they expect members to keep signing up year in year out when they drop a player like Dal Santo and to a lesser extent Milne, and keep some of the absolute hacks that are in this weeks team? What is the explanation?
Another flowing Blake knocker...

Yep, I flowing know just who is a hack ....

Flowing sick and tired of clueless posters that knock Blake...

Yes, grant it not as much skill as some, but a heart much bigger than most.

FFS Little Dozer, leave him alone and don't bother buying a membership next year, if it bothers you that FLOWING MUCH! :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Dal Santo and Milne out while Blake remains in the team. This would have to be the worst decision in the history of StKFC. How Blake is even on the list after he lost us the game last season against Collingwood is a mystery. Great stuff Saints!!

Obviously don't go back far you must be about 2 years old...
No I've followed this club for 30 years and enough is enough. In that time they've been a rabble, shown promise, made a GF and several PF's. To have a team challenging for a premiership only 2 seasons ago, and to see what is going on now beggars belief.

How can they expect members to keep signing up year in year out when they drop a player like Dal Santo and to a lesser extent Milne, and keep some of the absolute hacks that are in this weeks team? What is the explanation?
Another flowing Blake knocker...

Yep, I flowing know just who is a hack ....

Flowing sick and tired of clueless posters that knock Blake...

Yes, grant it not as much skill as some, but a heart much bigger than most.

FFS Little Dozer, leave him alone and don't bother buying a membership next year, if it bothers you that FLOWING MUCH! :roll:
Flowing? Cripes!

The f****** software f****** well blocks all the f****** flow words anyway...so show your character...let rip!

Gosh darn it.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dal has been lacklustre all year. has got his regulation easy touches but has had NO impact on the game in any shape or form and has been MIA when the game is up for grabs. he sure has a few mates in this regards too. im not pointing the finger at him. but a dropping a champ never hurt anyone.

look at the aussie cricket team.

m clarke, s warne, g mcgrath, m hayden, r ponting were all dropped at one stage in their career and came back and domintaed. all the greats.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:dal has been lacklustre all year. has got his regulation easy touches but has had NO impact on the game in any shape or form and has been MIA when the game is up for grabs. he sure has a few mates in this regards too. im not pointing the finger at him. but a dropping a champ never hurt anyone.

look at the aussie cricket team.

m clarke, s warne, g mcgrath, m hayden, r ponting were all dropped at one stage in their career and came back and domintaed. all the greats.
Your avatar's a bit flowing large Con.