Are we a Joke?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:got out of jail, i reckon about every team but Freo would have beaten us tonight
Crap - we lead at every single change. We were down on manpower and out on our feet in the 4th qtr. Ross lyon put the captain down back and pathetic stupid insipid idiotic halfwitted Mark Harvey didn't counter it.
The_Dud wrote:in hindsight, big mistake playing 3 debutants in one game, nearly cost us dearly
Wow - while everyone on here had the foresight to see that it jeopodised the win, you work it out in hindsight after the three youngsters when alright.

Hmmmmmm :?

In saying that - it was a terrible terrible awful game. Boring, defensive, incredibly bad skills.

We are not a good team, we dont have the cattle. Dont for one minute think we can do anything this year.

However Lyon has started the process of the rebuild. Get the kids in, demand that the players put in all game, demand a performance.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The_Dud wrote:got out of jail, i reckon about every team but Freo would have beaten us tonight
Crap - we lead at every single change. We were down on manpower and out on our feet in the 4th qtr. Ross lyon put the captain down back and pathetic stupid insipid idiotic halfwitted Mark Harvey didn't counter it.
The_Dud wrote:in hindsight, big mistake playing 3 debutants in one game, nearly cost us dearly
Wow - while everyone on here had the foresight to see that it jeopodised the win, you work it out in hindsight after the three youngsters when alright.

In saying that - it was a terrible terrible awful game. Boring, defensive, incredibly bad skills.

We are not a good team, we dont have the cattle. Dont for one minute think we can do anything this year.

However Lyon has started the process of the rebuild. Get the kids in, demand that the players put in all game, demand a performance.
Well I agree 99% for once with you. I know that may upset you but that was my feelings exactly after the game.
The only part I may disagree with you is I live in hope that Kosi,Dal,X and Milney can get back into the side and play at their best and give us some hope for the rest of the year.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't upset me in the slightest plugger66. I also live in hope, am the eternal optimist.

I hope you are right. However our disposal skills and our general ability just dont stack up.

I dont want to sound negative but it is time to start watching the kids and see where we are going in the next couple of years.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Are we a Joke?

rodgerfox wrote:Watch the replay of tonight's game, then discuss.
YEs we are a joke!

But lets laugh at it!

Ho ho ho!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Last night was the win we had to have. We won ugly, but we put in for four quarters.

Lots of positives out of last night, but it was truly ugly.

Four points, nonetheless.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
so, u agree with me....

joffaboy wrote:

what are u on about? i said before the game that we would struggle to kick a score (as we did) becasue we had basically no forward line (as we did)

our forward line was hopeless playing Allen, McEvoy and Gardiner all down there (as i said it probably would be) shown by none of them scoring a goal

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: in hindsight, big mistake playing 3 debutants in one game, nearly cost us dearly
If you drove your car in hindsight, do you reckon you'd get anywhere?

Another opportunity awaits!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
The_Dud wrote: in hindsight, big mistake playing 3 debutants in one game, nearly cost us dearly
If you drove your car in hindsight, do you reckon you'd get anywhere?
thanks Sheeds....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Is it possible that RL is aware that there are a few deficiencies up forward and prepares a game plan accordingly.

Is it possible that our players actually followed team rules and the game plan last night.

Is it possible that Dal and milne will struggle to get back into the team :wink:

saintbob
SS Life Member

Look who really cares if we win ugly, surely there's a huge upside to the fact that we were able to win playing 3 debutants.
Only negative I got from the game was Lenny doing his hammy.

Winmar
Club Player

Given our record in the last 6 weeks or so, isn't any win a good win?! I would have preferred a more attractive performance, but I"m just happy we didn't lose another winnable game.