Don't you just wake up feeling terrific?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Every morning since the win... I've woken up with a big smile on my face. Wow... what a great win! It's made me SO very happy!

It's been a long time since I've been so thrilled by a win.

Magnificent effort boys! Enjoy the break!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
benengel14
Club Player

Come from behind wins are always very satisfying, I can probabaly understand how the Dogs fans got so excited after their 7 goal 1st qtr defiicit.

Serious question; can anyone recall any come-from-behind wins under GT? That were roughly similar to the North match?
--- I'm not trying to make a point here; I just can't remember any games.

To the same tune, we're not likely to see many 100 point margins under RL though.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Agree absolutely. Watched it twice now. Great stuff...was on Setanta Sports.
Great win. Momentum is a great thing. We had no spirit at the beginning , and they were all blood brothers at the end.

Looking forward to the rest of the season!

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

The combination of Lyons reaction, the huddle and the song are great indications they are playing for each other again, so yes its great!

Before Im 85
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:D I was at the "G" round 22 2001 when the Saints played a finals-bound Hawthorn side in the pouring rain. Peter Everitt was a late withdrawl and Capuano had the game of his St. Kilda career. We were behind all night and at one stage were four goals behind in the last quarter. We scored and then came home in a rush with Barry Hall's last kick as a Saint being an after-the-siren goal to get us home by two points!!!
I'd put $10.00 on us to win (out of habit more than overconfidence :wink: ) so the winnings were all the sweeter!!!!
We were dancing on the seats down in the Ponsford stand.
GT stood back away from the players and let them enjoy the win, which I thought showed class.
One of the most satisfying wins I've seen! It was particularly sweet to see a group of the most obnoxious Hawkers go quieter with each passing minute only to be completely dumbfounded at games end!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Quite frankly I was amazed we won it...but extremely glad we did! The bit I'm the most pleased about was the fact I didn't flick the tele off at any stage because as bad as the first quarter was I stuck it out and witnessed what eventually turned out to be a cracking game! For another horrible moment in the last quarter I thought that interchange fiasco was going to cook us! We DID learn something from the Freo game!

Does Seabiscuit ring any bells with anyone??? :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: Don't you just wake up feeling terrific?

thejiggingsaint wrote::D I was at the "G" round 22 2001 when the Saints played a finals-bound Hawthorn side in the pouring rain. Peter Everitt was a late withdrawl and Capuano had the game of his St. Kilda career. We were behind all night and at one stage were four goals behind in the last quarter. We scored and then came home in a rush with Barry Hall's last kick as a Saint being an after-the-siren goal to get us home by two points!!!
I'd put $10.00 on us to win (out of habit more than overconfidence :wink: ) so the winnings were all the sweeter!!!!
GT stood back away from the players and let them enjoy the win, which I thought showed class.
One of the most satisfying wins I've seen! It was particularly sweet to see a group of the most obnoxious Hawkers go quieter with each passing minute only to be completely dumbfounded at games end!!!
That was a great night Dave..I rememebr it well..and yes I was also jiggin on the ol' wooden seats in the Ponsford stand...the highlights as I recall them..

* Barry Halls last kick as a Saint got us over the line

*GT's first win as coach

* Capuano BOG with Brett Moyle close behind him

* One of THE greatest dives in the goalsquare by Milney in the last 2 mins got us a free to get within a point or two. The look on Joel Smiths face when the ump blew the whistle was priceless

* At the time it looked like the loss was gonna cost Hawthorn a finals spot, but one of the other games later on that weekend went their way and they snuck into 8th spot

I remmeber walking on air out of the ground thinking that the Club should have been selling memberships for 2002 then and there

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

benengel14 wrote:Come from behind wins are always very satisfying, I can probabaly understand how the Dogs fans got so excited after their 7 goal 1st qtr defiicit.[/size]
that set off their season and they have not looked back. i'm hoping for a similar response from our blokes.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Re: Don't you just wake up feeling terrific?

saint66au wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote::D I was at the "G" round 22 2001 when the Saints played a finals-bound Hawthorn side in the pouring rain. Peter Everitt was a late withdrawl and Capuano had the game of his St. Kilda career. We were behind all night and at one stage were four goals behind in the last quarter. We scored and then came home in a rush with Barry Hall's last kick as a Saint being an after-the-siren goal to get us home by two points!!!
That was a great night Dave..I rememebr it well..and yes I was also jiggin on the ol' wooden seats in the Ponsford stand...the highlights as I recall them..

* Barry Halls last kick as a Saint got us over the line

*GT's first win as coach

* Capuano BOG with Brett Moyle close behind him

* One of THE greatest dives in the goalsquare by Milney in the last 2 mins got us a free to get within a point or two. The look on Joel Smiths face when the ump blew the whistle was priceless

* At the time it looked like the loss was gonna cost Hawthorn a finals spot, but one of the other games later on that weekend went their way and they snuck into 8th spot

I remmeber walking on air out of the ground thinking that the Club should have been selling memberships for 2002 then and there
You didn't mention Bakers bleached hair. It was horrible. :shock:

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

just need to back it up against the bluebaggers

another big big game

im still thrilled at how roo was able to have such a poor start to the match yet come back and drill it in the second half

absolute superstar...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
GrumpyOne

Which one of the dwarfs was Terrific?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i still more than fondly remember the match against sydney where we came from 47 points down aqt 3/4 time ....priceless........but ultimately cost us plugger...'cause the pricks realised how good he was.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
loving_the_dal
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:The combination of Lyons reaction, the huddle and the song are great indications they are playing for each other again, so yes its great!
agree..
waking up after a saints win is always a good feeling..
:)