GT Lovers show they love GT more than they love the club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

GT Lovers show they love GT more than they love the club

What a disgusting response by many here to the court ruling. $200k is being taken out of the bottom line of our club, and GT lovers here rejoice! – Unbelievable!

Firstly, many got stuck into RB for his responsibility in this mess…and rightly so. I felt that he didn’t understand the level of due process, control and management required to preside over such an organization. He may be able to run a smallish consulting firm, but running a high-profile sporting club in Australia’s major sporting competition is a different proposition.

When a half-decent replacement ticket could be found, I gladly sent my proxy through to vote him out.

But incredibly, those same posters not only made no critical comment of GT’s role in this sordid affair, but amazingly, many praised him for taking more money away from our club. “good for himâ€

Red
Club Player

Who really cares. That era is almost over. Let's move forward.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i wonder how much of your own time you just wasted :?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
stinger
Saintsational Legend

well.....i'm not wasting my time reading your rant ffs....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
JeffDunne

GT lovers? :?

They probably do love their cars more than a football club.

kaos theory
Club Player

GT lovers?
:lol: ok, that's good.

BallBanger
Club Player

Re: GT Lovers show they love GT more than they love the club

[quote="kaos theory"]What a disgusting response by many here to the court ruling. $200k is being taken out of the bottom line of our club, and GT lovers here rejoice! – Unbelievable!

Firstly, many got stuck into RB for his responsibility in this mess…and rightly so. I felt that he didn’t understand the level of due process, control and management required to preside over such an organization. He may be able to run a smallish consulting firm, but running a high-profile sporting club in Australia’s major sporting competition is a different proposition.

When a half-decent replacement ticket could be found, I gladly sent my proxy through to vote him out.

But incredibly, those same posters not only made no critical comment of GT’s role in this sordid affair, but amazingly, many praised him for taking more money away from our club. “good for himâ€

realdeal
Club Player

exactly right KT.

a balanced rant that showed all were to blame.

reading stuff on this site sometimes sounds like entering into a cult, so worshipped and one-sided people are about an individual.

Now this case is over lets hope we don't have to have any more irelavant and pointless discussions about GT.
Whatever your view, he's gone and he won't be back. Does all this talk help our team? No, so lets all move on finally!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

now that the court case is over...

i think it will finally put this lengthy saga to bed...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, we love GT more than the club.

:roll:

No wonder we've lost so many quality posters over the years.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:now that the court case is over...

Are you sure it's over?

asiu

Are you sure it's over?

thats the correct question !

markp
Saintsational Legend

Too right... He's the Heather Mills of football.

Just because something is legally enforceable doesn't mean it's right.

Appeal if it stands a chance, otherwise post him his precious cheque and move on....

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:What a disgusting response by many here to the court ruling. $200k is being taken out of the bottom line of our club, and GT lovers here rejoice! – Unbelievable!

Firstly, many got stuck into RB for his responsibility in this mess…
Yada yada yada ...........
Once it's finished can you please walk over it!!

esaint66
SS Life Member

markp wrote:Too right... He's the Heather Mills of football.

So true so very true.

Zippy
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:now that the court case is over...

Excuse me while I laugh bitterly. I hope you're right, but am not so confident.

Aside from anything else, without this saga, what would we have to flame each other about? Our caps lock keys would go un-used.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
Saints43
Club Player

Our membership went up from 17,855 to 22,248 when Malcolm Blight was appointed coach of St Kilda. A massive rise of 4393.

When GT was appointed for the 2002 season this dropped back to 17,696. Worse than when Blight was appointed.

When GT got the arse at the end of 2006 we had 32,327 members. A rise of ten thousand and seventy nine on 2001.

I reckon he might have paid his way. $200,000 (which I don't really think he deserves) is a drop in the ocean in terms of the financial benefits that occured during his time as coach of the club.

I'm sure people will reply that supporters buy memberships because of Nick Riewoldt and it has nothing to do with off field staff but all of the marque players are still at the club from the heights of 32,327 in 2006.

We now have 30,541 members. A drop of 1786 this year. 1477 last year. I would be surprised if projections are not lower for next year. If you are that concerned about the Saints bottom line there are bigger problems facing us than some bloke you don't like suing us for $200,000.

I don't think he deserved the payout but the personal attacks on Thomas have been ridiculous. Our club improved massively both financially and onfield during his time. And before anyone gives me the 'because we got high first round draft picks ffs' - he engineered that as well.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Unfortunatley both Butters and Thomas never really put St.Kilda - the club - first. Their egos and money got in the way and in the end, it is the club that has suffered. Bastards

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:When GT got the arse at the end of 2006 we had 32,327 members. A rise of ten thousand and seventy nine on 2001.

I reckon he might have paid his way. $200,000 (which I don't really think he deserves) is a drop in the ocean in terms of the financial benefits that occured during his time as coach of the club.

Are you trying to tell me that we got a rise of 15k + members because Grant Thomas was coach?

Please give me a break. His job was to win us a premiership. He in fact got paid over 2 million dollars (from B4E's figures given in court) for failing to do so.

Furthermore he got paid way over the odds for a second and third year coach, cobbled together by his mate at the time RB.

Now I have said that the court has made a decision. Legally Thomas was entitled to the 200k payout.

But as KT points out and it was confirmed by B4E posted during the trial, Thomas was paid a kings ransom for an inexperienced senior coach.

Like KT I find it amazing that some can rejoice that an individual can milk the club of hard earned funds. I can see why some people would be extremely bitter toward Thomas, Butterss and the whole stinking sordid affair.

If the current admin decide to pay Thomas, let this be the end of the turgid, gutter dwelling rotten period of the Butterss/Thomas fiefdom.

The ride of a life alright. We were all taken for a ride by these two spivs.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Furthermore he got paid way over the odds for a second and third year coach, cobbled together by his mate at the time RB.
So, by logical extension, is it not fair to deduct that any anger about this legally binding contract should be directed to the man who offered it?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

SaintWal
Club Player

[quote="kaos theory"]What a disgusting response by many here to the court ruling. $200k is being taken out of the bottom line of our club, and GT lovers here rejoice! – Unbelievable!

Far from rejoicing. Sick of seeing the club that I have loved for over 40 years still being dragged through the mud.

Correct in the most part but If at all possible I would like to own his small consulting firm because then I would be RICH!

Good Move or So we Hope? Because all we do is see the outer edges and hope the inner is lined with gold.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Furthermore he got paid way over the odds for a second and third year coach, cobbled together by his mate at the time RB.
So, by logical extension, is it not fair to deduct that any anger about this legally binding contract should be directed to the man who offered it?
Who stated that?

What part of it didn't you get when I was talking about the Butters/Thomas fiefdom and the stinking putrid mess they lorded it over?

This thread is about KT's anger at Grant Thomas and his milking of the STKFC.

I know you have a pathillogical hatred of Rod Butters. Didn't he knock you back for a job once at the club?

If you want to talk about Butterss start a thread and peddle you agenda there.

Meanwhile please stay OT and stop trying to jack a thread with your agenda driven hatred of Butterss :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

funny how a piece of paper with ink on it drives people to do strange things....
lots of pieces of paper with ink on it creates selfish bastards who only think for themselves :twisted:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
maybe you should read Joffaboys last line again....

I thought it was pretty clear..
joffaboy wrote:
If the current admin decide to pay Thomas, let this be the end of the turgid, gutter dwelling rotten period of the Butterss/Thomas fiefdom.

The ride of a life alright. We were all taken for a ride by these two spivs.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Who stated that?

What part of it didn't you get when I was talking about the Butters/Thomas fiefdom and the stinking putrid mess they lorded it over?

This thread is about KT's anger at Grant Thomas and his milking of the STKFC.

I know you have a pathillogical hatred of Rod Butters. Didn't he knock you back for a job once at the club?

If you want to talk about Butterss start a thread and peddle you agenda there.

Meanwhile please stay OT and stop trying to jack a thread with your agenda driven hatred of Butterss :roll:

..i'm all the way with everton on this thread.....buttarse"s son has about as much class as his old maN.....but then ...that's a whole lot more than you have....lol.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

"From VAFA Tribunal this week

Results of Tribunal – July 1, 2008

From June 21

Ben Chan, Old Trinity. Charging, 4 matches.

From June 21

Campbell Butterss, Old Brighton (Reserves). Abusive language, 2 matches.

*Luke Holt, Old Brighton (Reserves). Abusive language, 2 matches.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.