Hello, I am new here!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hello, I am new here!

Hi, I am new here.

I was born into a St Kilda household, and have been following the Saints as long as I can remember.

I will do my best to contribute measured, non-emotive, sensible posts...but in saying that you can all surely understand that often we have cause to let all commonsense fly out the window. The saints can bring out the best and worst in a supporter!

Just curious, anyone have kids in an AFL divided household...and how do you determine what team the kid follows? My hubby and I just had our first child, and hubby is doing his best to raise a hawks supporter, can you believe it!!!! :shock:

jk23
Club Player

Welcome!! I have 3 children - 2 are sainters and 1 a bomber and hubby is a blue ( I have had a few years of peace) :wink:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, divorce is the only solution!

Just kidding. I think.

Welcome aboard. Just tell the kids that by barracking for the Saints, they have (almost) all the future to write!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Re: Hello, I am new here!

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Hi, I am new here.

I was born into a St Kilda household, and have been following the Saints as long as I can remember.

I will do my best to contribute measured, non-emotive, sensible posts...but in saying that you can all surely understand that often we have cause to let all commonsense fly out the window. The saints can bring out the best and worst in a supporter!

Just curious, anyone have kids in an AFL divided household...and how do you determine what team the kid follows? My hubby and I just had our first child, and hubby is doing his best to raise a hawks supporter, can you believe it!!!! :shock:
Welcome, and good luck.

Please try to be abusive, hysterical, and emotional from time to time... so that you don't alienate yourself too quickly. :lol:

BTW, this is a bit like prison... you should declare if you're pro GT or pro Lyon, so that you'll ahve some mates to stick up for you. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Don't be any different to a lot of others on here LOL . Welcome it can be informative and interesting to say the least.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

jk23 wrote:Welcome!! I have 3 children - 2 are sainters and 1 a bomber and hubby is a blue ( I have had a few years of peace) :wink:
How did that happen?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

A warm welcome to you

Is your child a girl?? If so...you know the rule..girls follow Mums team :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
jk23
Club Player

Winmar7Fan wrote:
jk23 wrote:Welcome!! I have 3 children - 2 are sainters and 1 a bomber and hubby is a blue ( I have had a few years of peace) :wink:
How did that happen?
How did what happen??

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

jk23 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
How did that happen?
How did what happen??
Usually kids are guided to follow one of the parents teams but one ended up with essendon?
I also think you peace is coming to an end Carlton will be probably kicking our butts next year.

jk23
Club Player

Winmar7Fan wrote:
jk23 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
How did that happen?
How did what happen??
Usually kids are guided to follow one of the parents teams but one ended up with essendon?
I also think you peace is coming to an end Carlton will be probably kicking our butts next year.
Yes I Know he has always barricked for the bombers, and my other son had 2 other teams before the saints and one day he just said to me ,mum I want to barrick for the saints!! I promptly purchased him a jumper so he would not change his mind, and my daughter just followed me. My husband is just itching to start up stirring me up, I am dreading it ( if it happens )

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Welcome to the asylum :wink:

Nice first post and I empathise with your family situation.... :roll:

Blood is thicker than water but weekends can be an interesting pressure cooker when tribes are intermingled... :shock:

Know that from my extended family...the immediate are all long suffering saints which means we can all function dysfunctionally together if you know what I mean :wink: :roll: :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Just curious, anyone have kids in an AFL divided household...and how do you determine what team the kid follows? My hubby and I just had our first child, and hubby is doing his best to raise a hawks supporter, can you believe it!!!! :shock:
sing the song as any opportunity

you buy the clothes- by the gear

your home with the child more often- more chance to chant Harvey Harvey
Go kosi
Go Bally
eetc etc

name the toys :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
markinUSA
SS Life Member

I think it is important to tell your children that you won't love them unless they go for the Saints. :lol:

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
esaint66
SS Life Member

markinUSA wrote:I think it is important to tell your children that you won't love them unless they go for the Saints. :lol:

Yeah thell them they will be out of a home if they don't start supporting the Sainters :lol:

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Haha, I used to tell my kids they could follow any religion (team) they liked, they would just have to get a new mother if it wasn't the Saints. Tough love I call it. :)

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

It's vital that kids experience unconditional love and acceptance. They need this to survive in today's world. We need to model sound values and loving acceptance.

My kids are free to choose whatever AFL team they like. 8-)

They are also free to find another home if it's not the Saints. :wink:

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

ohwhenthesaints! wrote: Just curious, anyone have kids in an AFL divided household...and how do you determine what team the kid follows? My hubby and I just had our first child, and hubby is doing his best to raise a hawks supporter, can you believe it!!!! :shock:
May not be able to be of great help to you...

My partner's a Lions fan (converting her is one of the great projects of my life). When our son was born, I brought up an old tradition whereby a child will follow their mother's religion, and their father's sports teams. I have no idea if this tradition is real, I just remember hearing it at some stage... but it's worked :)

So far I've only had to trade in one baby sized jacket bought by her parents for it's equivalent Saints gear.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Get yourself a St Kilda teddy bear that plays the club song when you press it's belly....I've played it to my kids a billion time.

Nothing like brainwashing!

As for the competition re the Hawks, at least they are a decent team not feral, so it's not the end of the world if he/she goes for the wees and poos!

saints11
Club Player

Welcome to saintsational :D