FRANKSTON DEAL NOT DONE YET

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

casey scorp
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:What about Moorabin?? How many pokies were we having to ditch in the end?? 8-) :lol: Geeeeez what a mess!
You're right - the whole thing is a massive mess.

And of our own making.

Even when Frankston was running off the rails (which the club would have been aware of about 2 months ago), it still chose to stay in the City of Frankston.

But all of the initial advantages were lost in any new location (except getting the Plowman Place block onto the books, but which in any event wasn't as advantageous anymore because it wouldn't have been a working asset).

Talk about short-sighted. Stick in the City of Frankston so as to own a block of land (encumbered with heritage orders anyway because it was the site of the first inn in Frankston in the mid-19th century). Mortgaging the clubs future just for the sake of a problem block of land worth $1 million!

Hello, long term future. Is there anyone listening there?

casey scorp
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:The problem is Casey didn't make a good enough offer to StKilda which forced the Saints to look elsewhere.
Surely, even if St KFC thought the offer from Casey was inadequate, it was incumbent on the club to diligently pursue all options before opting for what was clearly an inferior outcome.

The club could have pursued the Casey Fields option harder, but the reality is that it was remote from cafes and the seaside and these factors seem to have been significant in choosing Frankston - to the extent that proper due diligence went out the window.

I don't think that it's Casey Council's fault that St KFC is in a mess.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Of course it's Casey's fault. No doubt.

Just look at the location.........

:lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I went for a leisurely drive today and checked out Casey Fields, Frankston Oval and Belvedere Park.

Casey Fields is a windswept patch of open ground with nothing going for it.

Frankston Oval is not bad, being at least in the middle of boganville.

Belvedere Park is an absolute disgrace. The aptly named Boggy Creek runs almost through it.

I would suggest that if we were to go to any of these as a training venue, we would be 20 or so kilometers closer to Tassie and will cross Bass Strait within 5 years.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
RBnW
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:
bobmurray wrote:The problem is Casey didn't make a good enough offer to StKilda which forced the Saints to look elsewhere.
Surely, even if St KFC thought the offer from Casey was inadequate, it was incumbent on the club to diligently pursue all options before opting for what was clearly an inferior outcome.

The club could have pursued the Casey Fields option harder, but the reality is that it was remote from cafes and the seaside and these factors seem to have been significant in choosing Frankston - to the extent that proper due diligence went out the window.

I don't think that it's Casey Council's fault that St KFC is in a mess.
when this is all done and we have the best training base across all clubs in the AFL at Frankston and the club is not in massive debt.......will you apologise to the rest of us on the forum for your ongoing bias and one eyed continual bashing of the club on every step of the way after they said no to Casey..... :oops:
Get over it.......the word is that this is almost done and we will be in the new training building mid 2010 and on budget in Frankston.... :lol: :lol:
The word I am getting is that this is on track and on budget and my source is not at the club and therefore even more believable.....what I am hearing is that the final outcome on this will be a long term secure future for the club and that has to good for the future of the club...... 8-)

Our best is yet
to come......
zebraman
Club Player

I stand to be corrected...but my sources tell me it won't be Frankston.....OR Belvedere Park....keep heading up the Nepean Highway

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:I stand to be corrected...but my sources tell me it won't be Frankston.....OR Belvedere Park....keep heading up the Nepean Highway

How far up the Nepean Hwy are you suggesting...somewhere near Moorabbin ?

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
zebraman
Club Player

between Frankston and Moorabbin....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Cheltenham......where's the ground.....

it won't be Trevor Barker oval
Last edited by bobmurray on Fri 15 Aug 2008 9:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saint08
Club Player

No... belvedere it will be...as long as council agree, and remember, dont worry about what it looks like now,, think about the end product.

And PLEASE will people remember on this topic, that we are not building an oval to play games on , and that most members will be going there maybe once a year... it is a training venue. It's not where our pokies club will be , or club parties will be held.

It just needs to be the best training venue for the players which the club can afford, without risking serious debt. I would much rather FOR OUR PLAYERS , seaford than casey's windswept fields.

Burkey and Thommo probably know better than some of us on this website.....

RBnW
Club Player

zebraman wrote:I stand to be corrected...but my sources tell me it won't be Frankston.....OR Belvedere Park....keep heading up the Nepean Highway
wishful thinging Zebraman....but well off the mark :roll:

Our best is yet
to come......
zebraman
Club Player

RBnW wrote:
wishful thinging Zebraman....but well off the mark :roll:
I'll stick with my sources....but as stated before...happy to be proved wrong...if it's where I'm told it will be then I'm sure StKilda players will be happy...not too far to travel...except if any of the players happen to live at Woodend....

I await with interest where the final destination is

casey scorp
Club Player

saint08 wrote:No... belvedere it will be...as long as council agree, and remember, dont worry about what it looks like now,, think about the end product.

It just needs to be the best training venue for the players which the club can afford, without risking serious debt. I would much rather FOR OUR PLAYERS , seaford than casey's windswept fields.
If it comes down to a choice between Seaford and Casey, then it will be Seaford because Casey is NOT available.

Someone “connectedâ€

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Frankston, Belvedere Park, Casey FAIR DINKUM, as options we're talking about Amanda Vanstone, Christine Nixon and Bronwyn Bishop, the sooner we pull out before we even go in the better, we'd be FAIR DINKUM creating a monster that would haunt us for decades.

St.Kilda or Sandringham, everywhere else is a lemon.

If the current board FFS can't see the forest for the trees then an alternative ticket, SFA > St.Kilda First Always will be formed and I will run for president.

I will be sounding out Grant Thomas to see if he wants to be involved and should he gets his wife's permission, I might even offer him a head job, just to make up for any misunderstandings in the past.

FFS will deliver us SFA if we move to Frankston, SFA will deliver you at worst TBO, the choice is clear!

Frankston is for goat riders, tree swingers, moccasin wearing, knuckle dragging nenaderthals from the missing link crew and the primordial swamp set, not a place fit for an AFL club if you're being FAIR DINKUM!

Belvedere Park, seriously, perleeeeeeeeeeze, get real, get fair dinkum, like the new emperor's clothes, FFS will be exposed as having been derelict in their duty of care for the well being of the St.Kilda Football Club if they continue on with this nonsense.

Vote ONE SFA

St.Kilda in St.Kilda or at the Trevor Barker Oval, this is sanity!

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
RBnW
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:
saint08 wrote:No... belvedere it will be...as long as council agree, and remember, dont worry about what it looks like now,, think about the end product.

If it comes down to a choice between Seaford and Casey, then it will be Seaford because Casey is NOT available.

Someone “connectedâ€

Our best is yet
to come......
RBnW
Club Player

Someone “connectedâ€

Our best is yet
to come......
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

A result of crap admin for farken years .....

we have never got it right ...........

and if we don't it maybe curtains in 5 or 6 years .....

No balls and no resolve ..........

Get someone on there to show some FFS ....

This is going no where

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Of course it's Casey's fault. No doubt.

and further news a Holden ute is parked in my driveway...

Gee that is enlightening FS

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
casey scorp
Club Player

Go to Google maps

type in:

belvedere park vic

click on street view

take a look around

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:Go to Google maps

type in:

belvedere park vic

click on street view

take a look around
Google Earth is far better as it incorporates maps in any case

casey scorp
Club Player

Wow.

I have looked at Google Earth before without exploring its features.

The ruler shows me that Belvedere Park is just 2.8 km from the sea.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

belvedere park is not fit to have any sort of training facility for an elite club :roll:

i played my junior footy for seaford, and the ground was never in good shape, and i would be disapponinted if it meant seafords junior teams had to relocate.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Of course it's Casey's fault. No doubt.

and further news a Holden ute is parked in my driveway...

Gee that is enlightening FS
Is that seriously the best you've got? :lol:

Are you going to stalk all my posts looking for pearls of wisdom? Save your time little man, they aren't there!

How did that sense of humour extraction go? Obviously a success.

I look forward to your next instalment with glee. I always love coming to a battle of wits against an unarmed bloke!!

Have a nice day. :lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Mark my words, we will be in Tassie within 5 years.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Mark my words, we will be in Tassie within 5 years.

Tassie can hardly support a VFL side and you reckon they will have a AFL let alone St Kilda going there.