Take a bow Moorabbin Wing and Cheersquad!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Take a bow Moorabbin Wing and Cheersquad!!

...combined forces for the first time officially to create great atmosphere at the Lockett end.

Was certainly a novel experience for most of the 90-stronger MW-ers who sat in Aisle 23..we arent used to getting up-clse and personal like that (Enjoy wearing that beer Wizsteppa??)

Well done everyone for making an unholy racket, especially after 1/2 time. RL commented after the game that the players got a sniff of the target cos of the crowd going off

Without doubt the best $42 Ive spent in a very long time...and I can reveal NOW that its the very first time Ive watched the Saints win a H&A game from Level 1..

Best game Ive been to for...well I dunno..goes very close to knocking off the Schwarter game for mine..maybe since the 04 semi?

Onya Saints fans..you rock!!!!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Probably one of the best games i have been too! Another game where we won the nab cup in 04 against geelong was brillant and the adelaide game last week purely because of the emotion!

Go saints in '09!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

How was that "roar" when the live ladder hit the screen :D

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:How was that "roar" when the live ladder hit the screen :D
Now that WAS truly amazing! The place erupted! :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

It was a great game,it was my first time sitting with the Moorabbin Wing crowd.I was sitting behind the guy who wore the beer and copped a spray myself....

Great atmosphere,really enjoyed it....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Anyone in aisle 25 :?:

Wizsteppa
Club Player

Haha,well played saint66.I think ill be sending an invoice for $5.80 to the AFL for that beer,as i reckon i only got 2 sips out of it before the "incident".

Nonetheless I can still laugh about it at 11:30pm.Was an otherwise awesome,emotional day.Wouldnt have it any other way.

Carn the mighty sainters,its there if we want it!.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Wizsteppa wrote:Carn the mighty sainters,its there if we want it!.
And do we want it?

YOU BET YOUR FREAKIN ARSE WE DO!!

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry we had to miss it :cry:

Raven
Club Player

Sorry to resurrect an old(ish) thread, but it seemed fitting to do so considering the OP and the topic at hand...

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank saint66au/Michael for all his fantastic efforts in organizing the tickets for the epic round 22 match. It's only about the fifth or sixth time ever that I've sat on level 1 (traditionally my family and friends like to sit on level 3) and I enjoyed it immensely, especially due to the opportunity to sit and barrack with many other passionate Saints supporters, and of course the overall fantastic result of the night.

I've had a few emails back and forth with Michael regarding payment, postage, late minute changes, etc and nothing was ever too much trouble for him. To top it all off, he did it all off his own steam! I'm completely blown away by the dedication he has shown towards everyone, thanks again mate.

My only regret is that I didn't get the opportunity to meet him and say hello, but I honestly had no idea where to find him, short of asking everyone around me (which in hindsight I probably could have done :wink: ). Maybe next time.

But yeah, I'm sure I'm not alone on these forums when I say many thanks again for everything! :D

jk23
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:How was that "roar" when the live ladder hit the screen :D
My friend and I listened intently to the radio and every couple of goals they would work out out % and then finally we hit it!! and we went nuts everyone around us just looked at us as if we were crazy until we told them were 4th.. I was hitting the fence so hard and all I could think about was finally we get something back at the crows, just loved it!!! :lol:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i was going to go say hi to you Michael, except walking around asking people if they know where 'Michael' is could be a bit hard, as there would probably be 15 different Michaels in the same bay.
the noise was awesome, maybe you should think about more away games sitting down there to get more noise??? just an idea

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Level 3 must be for the ignoramouses( i can't spell). No one knew what was going on up there, they couldn't figure out why I was yelling my head off like a cliffhanger when we got to 70 up.

The only sour note of one of the great nights is that I had to sit up with the theatre going fraternity, wish I was down with the supporters

Bring back the Lockett era
jk23
Club Player

Something else I forgot to mention , SOS was standing near us waiting for the boys to come off the ground and he turned around and looked at us crying and I could see tears in his eyes and I looked straight at him and I said, thank you so much and he just nodded in acknowledgment..

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Guys..when I turned around from my front row seat when we were storming away in the last quarter and saw a sea of Saints fans screaming and yelling and roaring their support as it sunk in that 4th spot was ourts...got a bit of a lump in the throat ..and THATS why I organise those tix..you cant put a a price on the way everyone was feeling at that moment..

Oh and theres one other reason why I (and countless others) do my little bit for our great Club....and he's hopefully got 3 more winning games left to play in yet ;-)

FQF

Oh...jk23, did you see the lil wink and smile we got from Kosi when we sang Cmon Kosi Cmon when he was standing in the goalsquare??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
jk23
Club Player

Oh...jk23, did you see the lil wink and smile we got from Kosi when we sang Cmon Kosi Cmon when he was standing in the goalsquare??[/quote]

No I did not there was sooooooooooooooo much noise but I am not complaining ,, he smiled now I wish I had he has not smiled for a while.

Raven
Club Player

saint66au wrote: did you see the lil wink and smile we got from Kosi when we sang Cmon Kosi Cmon when he was standing in the goalsquare??
Heh, I noticed that myself, a nice little acknowledgment that the players do in fact listen to the chants and cheers rather than block them out like some would have you believe.

Speaking of songs, what was the one about Milne, something about... water? Not sure.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

"Stevie Milne walks on water" to the tune of "Deck the halls"

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor