Who are you going for on Saturday?!?!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Yesterday I wanted everyone at Hawthorn dead :evil: Now that I am over that, I will probably go for them as I use to live in Hawthorn, so have a bit of a soft spot for them. But really I don't give a rats, at least a Victorian team will win.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintvic
Club Player

I have tickets for the Grandfinal but have a dilemna as I have no idea who to barrack for.

I cant bring myself to barrack for Geelong as I cant stand them, they are the team I love to hate more than any other, even though I think they will win.

But, after Saturday night, still feeling depressed over loss, and cant bring myself to barrack for Hawks!!
Their supporters behind our cheersquad were completely obnoxious and gave me the sh****ts all night.

St Marcus
Club Player

The Cats to thrash the Hawk

I found Cats supporters OK in general, but on Saturday nite the Hawks supporters were FERAL

But the way where were all our supporters??? Walking to the G thru East Melb it was a sea of Brown & Gold and inside was the same. Reakon 70% was Hawks. Pretty ordinary saints supporters esp for Harv's last game

Being outnumbered for all 3 finals games. Contrast to 2005 againt the Swines when we had 70% of support in a 73k crowd, so we can draw a good finals crowd. Why are a large component of our supporter base noy going the finals games?????

Scottish Saint
Club Player

St Marcus wrote: But the way where were all our supporters??? Walking to the G thru East Melb it was a sea of Brown & Gold and inside was the same. Reakon 70% was Hawks. Pretty ordinary saints supporters esp for Harv's last game

Being outnumbered for all 3 finals games. Contrast to 2005 againt the Swines when we had 70% of support in a 73k crowd, so we can draw a good finals crowd. Why are a large component of our supporter base noy going the finals games?????
In 2005, everybody believed we could win a Premiership and it felt that way for basically the whole season. The bandwagon had been rolling for 2 years and a lot of people were on it. In 2008, for a large part of the season, we weren't even sure we would make the finals. I suspect a lot of less committed supporters stayed away from the finals because they'd seen so many unconvincing displays during the year. There's also the expense of attending 3 finals in Melbourne in 3 weeks.

Incidentally, I didn't feel we were particularly outnumbered against Geelong but we certainly were in the other games. However, Hawthorn genuinely believe they can win a flag after years of being crap and Collingwood will out always outnumber everybody. I was at the Preliminary Final in 2007 and Collingwood's support was far bigger than Geelong's.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i want the hawks to win for crawford...what he did for one of my best mates when he was dying of cancer will never be forgotten.

he is a true legend in my eyes.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
stinger
Saintsational Legend

couldn't give a rats....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

I want the Cattery to win...... :shock:

And Selwood or Ablett for the Norm Smith medal

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Prodgers
Club Player

I want Hawthorn to win because i like Crawf... If for whatever reason he doesn't play i couldn't care less :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The teams that beat St Kilda in Prelim finals go on to win the flag (Port, Sydney).

Hawthorn will win.

I hope so. As disappointed as I was to lose to them on Saurday night, I couldn't help but envy and admire their courage, ferocity and ruthlessness. And I think they played better in their prelim than Geelong did against Bulldogs.

And I hate the Cats about as much as any team if for no reason other than Darren Milburn.