Yarran

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BradWA
Club Player

Yarran

chook23 wrote:
Have read an article and some posts on here from WA that YARRAN
is LAZY in his football .......

The reason that people suggest that he is lazy is that he makes thing like very easy with his skill...and another reason is because he is indigenous...last year people said that about rioli as well even when franklin got drafted people described him that...imho yarren is a better player than rioli is and we would be mad to pass him up if available..he could also end up being a permanent midfielder that resembles someone like shaun burgoyne...mark my words, what ever club takes him he will be one of the best if not the best player from this draft...bookmark it if you's want...

Being a Swans Supporter i have seen Yaran play all year and last year in the colts
He is a very lazy player thinks he is still playing 14 football and could be anything BUT I dont think he will be
The one to take is Micheal Walters BUT taking him away from his family may be a mistake.
But he plays in the centre and is an amazing footballer reminds me of Nicky as he is hard at the footy and tough .

The Moderator Nazi,s strike again, Oh forgot, shyt im not in the purple circle.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

The middle paragraph

Is a post by S.A Saint?

saint4life
saintly_safes
Club Player

I work with a guy that plays for swans & says Chris Yarren has freakish skills & if a club could get him to knuckle down & bring out his natural talent he could be anything maybe even the next "Winmar"

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: Yarran

I read that Yarran's father is serving a long term prison term in WA, if we select him perhaps Brendan GODDARD could be his mentor as he has had to suffer he same indignity.

It is the old story isn't it "you can choose your friends but you cant choose your relatives".

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
jays
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:I read that Yarran's father is serving a long term prison term in WA, if we select him perhaps Brendan GODDARD could be his mentor as he has had to suffer he same indignity.

It is the old story isn't it "you can choose your friends but you cant choose your relatives".
goddard old man is out im pretty shaw

BallBanger
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:I read that Yarran's father is serving a long term prison term in WA, if we select him perhaps Brendan GODDARD could be his mentor as he has had to suffer he same indignity.

Why do you write this bulls***...
When was goddard's old man jailed???
Have you met Rob?
Hard worker, your comments are far from accurate and unwarranted..

Expect these type of lies to be media driven not from our own

vacuous space
SS Life Member

I don't think Yarran is going to be there when we pick. He's a better prospect than Rioli and, unless he has Leroy Jetta sized endurance issues, I think he's a lock for the top ten. He's creative, has amazing skills and can turn a game on its head in a minute. He does things that most current AFLers just can't do. He's also very good overhead for a guy of his size.

I think there's similarities between him and Ablett, Jnr. At the very least he should be a gun small forward. If he works hard, he could be one of the best mids in the game. He's not a sure thing the way some of the other kids are, but there's probably more potential to work with than anyone not named Watts or Naitanui.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Saints94
SS Life Member

I have to admit were lazy :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:I don't think Yarran is going to be there when we pick. He's a better prospect than Rioli and, unless he has Leroy Jetta sized endurance issues, I think he's a lock for the top ten. He's creative, has amazing skills and can turn a game on its head in a minute. He does things that most current AFLers just can't do. He's also very good overhead for a guy of his size.

I think there's similarities between him and Ablett, Jnr. At the very least he should be a gun small forward. If he works hard, he could be one of the best mids in the game. He's not a sure thing the way some of the other kids are, but there's probably more potential to work with than anyone not named Watts or Naitanui.

named at three by emma

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
kezza
Club Player

Emma had him at 2.

kezza
Club Player

BallBanger wrote:

Have you met Rob?

Goddards dad and brother were both jailed on drugs charges.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

jays wrote:

goddard old man is out im pretty shaw
Robert Goddard was given a 2 year suspended sentence in May 2007 for unwittingly laundering drug money. He was NOT jailed.

Brendons half brother, Beau, was jailed for 9 years in September 2007 for trafficking $1.8m of heroin.

Please get your facts straight before posting guys....

vacuous space
SS Life Member

kezza wrote:Emma had him at 2.
It wasn't a phantom draft though. She doesn't think he's going to go that high. She seems to think he'll go to Essendon at 5, but not certain of it.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Just hoping that we can snare him at 13

Saints94
SS Life Member

BallBanger wrote:
kezza wrote:
BallBanger wrote:

Have you met Rob?

Goddards dad and brother were both jailed on drugs charges.
Wrong...please get your facts correct before posting
Can you all just talk about yarren :roll:

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

which pick do we all think tinass, sidebottom will go to

vacuous space
SS Life Member

ralphysaints35 wrote:which pick do we all think tinass, sidebottom will go to
North Melbourne. Then again, I had them taking Veszpremi last year, but Vez went early to Sydney and the Roos went right off the board for Robbie Tarrant. If Sidebottom's still available at 12 I don't think the Swans will be able to resist.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

After reading through Emma Quayle's rankings it became pretty clear that we'll still get a gem at #13.

Who that is all depends on whether the teams above us pick 'best available' or draft to fill a hole. Port, Ess, Carl, Rich, Nth, Adel & Syd all need key position players. If say Vickery, Hurley, Trengove, McKernan, Lisle and Johnston go before 13 that will give us a crack at Yarran, Swift, Sidebottom or even Ziebell.

We've just got to hope that the cards fall our way & someone from left field goes in the top 12 (& we don't take some bloke that every other team ranked #45 but JB & JP thought has a huge upside!)

BTW If Sidebottom is available at 13 I hope we grab him. He's a pure footballer & we're a bit light on for those. The outside pace can come a bit later on. I just want a bloody skillful footballer at #13!

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Animal Enclosure wrote:After reading through Emma Quayle's rankings it became pretty clear that we'll still get a gem at #13.
Look at it this way:

Jack Watts
Nicholas Naitanui
Daniel Rich
Tyrone Vickery
Stephen Hill
Michael Hurley
Chris Yarran
Jack Ziebell
Steele Sidebottom
Shaun McKernan
Tom Swift
Hamish Hartlett
Jackson Trengove

That's thirteen guys. At least one of them will be available at pick thirteen. There are a bunch of others who could reasonably go at or before our pick. I reckon it's a great year to have pick 13. We're going to get a guy with a lot of potential.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Would love any of Ziebell, Hartlett, Hurley or Yarran... Obviously I would prefer a Jack Watts or a Daniel Rich but that just isn't going to happen is it :P:P

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Id love Hurley to slip down to 13, but i really cant see him falling past Carlton or Essendon...

Yarran... well pick 13 is a bargain for him from what ive heard and seen...

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

n1ck wrote:Id love Hurley to slip down to 13, but i really cant see him falling past Carlton or Essendon...

Yarran... well pick 13 is a bargain for him from what ive heard and seen...
Gee he's getting some serious media in the last week, lock it in he'll drift out now!

It's a pity the draft isn't televised as the anticipation for this draft is huge. Picks 3 (Freo) & 4 (Port) will go a long way to shaping who comes up at 13 for us. If Freo take Hill, that will put Rich back to 4 & all of a sudden puts pressure on Essendon and Richmond to take Vickery instead of a mid. North need mids but could also do with a tall forward and back & maybe the romance of another McKernan will result in more members.

This would be a pretty good scenario for St.K

1- Watts (Melb)
2- Natanui (WC)
3- Hill (Fre)
4- Rich (Port)
5- Hartlett (Ess)
6- Hurley (Car)
7- Ziebell (Bri)
8- Vickery (Rich)
9- McKernan (NM)

Will leave Yarran, Sidebottom, Blease, Johnstone, Trengove and Swift to go between Adel, Coll, Syd & StK.

Any of those blokes I'll be absolutely wrapped to get (with Blease probably the lesser).

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

theres a lot of media pressure on Freo to pick Rich the last thing freo need is for them to overlook Rich and him to turn out a star as the hype has be around him and Natnui from day 1 .. i expect they will call Rich's name but i think deep down they will want to go for Hill

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/