Caro provides more info than Archie!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Caro provides more info than Archie!

Having just read the Caroline Wilson article I now feel that i have a more likely explanation for the decision last night.

The performance of Archi last night was to treat members as nothing more than wood ducks and feed out more sh*t than a nursery stocks. Things like youth policy etc is rubbish when looking at recruits and signings of recent times.

This person is the CEO of the company that we are members of, we pay his wage! The Pres has decided that he will be the spokesperson for the club/board on these issues, yet he spins out the same rubbish you hear from a CEO who earns $150 mil a year when the company is going broke.

At least now i have an understanding of why the decision was made and why for such a period of time things seemed heading the othe way. Unfortunately this came via a journalist in an article rather than the CEO being at least partially up front with the member s- those who bleed red, white and black and are not just employed by those colours!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Caro provides more info than Archie!

older saint wrote:Having just read the Caroline Wilson article I now feel that i have a more likely explanation for the decision last night.

The performance of Archi last night was to treat members as nothing more than wood ducks and feed out more sh*t than a nursery stocks. Things like youth policy etc is rubbish when looking at recruits and signings of recent times.

This person is the CEO of the company that we are members of, we pay his wage! The Pres has decided that he will be the spokesperson for the club/board on these issues, yet he spins out the same rubbish you hear from a CEO who earns $150 mil a year when the company is going broke.

At least now i have an understanding of why the decision was made and why for such a period of time things seemed heading the othe way. Unfortunately this came via a journalist in an article rather than the CEO being at least partially up front with the member s- those who bleed red, white and black and are not just employed by those colours!
Caro never named a source and as far as we know could just be second guessing

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

st kilda rejected him because its major sponsor, Jeld-Wen, had notified the club early yesterday that it had major — read major — concerns at the prospect of recruiting the risky drug addict.

It rejected him because the club's coach, Ross Lyon, despite protestations from Cousins' manager, Ricky Nixon, harboured serious misgivings about the player, his potential and his effect on the team.
so the coach didn't want him and the major sponsor didn't want him.

caro's mail is usually pretty accurate, which is why she's been regarded for many years as the best "boardroom" football journalists in town

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Oh Gawd isnt it amazing that Caro suddenly becomes the Oracle when it suits peoples agendas..and an ugly toothless hag when it doesnt

:roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
st kilda rejected him because its major sponsor, Jeld-Wen, had notified the club early yesterday that it had major — read major — concerns at the prospect of recruiting the risky drug addict.

It rejected him because the club's coach, Ross Lyon, despite protestations from Cousins' manager, Ricky Nixon, harboured serious misgivings about the player, his potential and his effect on the team.
so the coach didn't want him and the major sponsor didn't want him.

caro's mail is usually pretty accurate, which is why she's been regarded for many years as the best "boardroom" football journalists in town
and she could be second guessing!!

That said if the Jeld Wen info is correct then we would have been completely out of our mind to have gone ahead and drafted him

We of all clubs can ill afford to lose a major sponsor

older saint
SS Life Member

Even allowing for some joining of the dots Caro's explanation is more believable than what was served up last night.

Wanted: CEO with respect for members and business accumen -apply within.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Even allowing for some joining of the dots Caro's explanation is more believable than what was served up last night.

What is seriously wrong with what AF said last night???

Is is so hard to believe that Cousins did not fit into our future and that we looking to draft more youth

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
older saint wrote:Even allowing for some joining of the dots Caro's explanation is more believable than what was served up last night.

Is is so hard to believe that Cousins did not fit into our future and that we looking to draft more youth
I'm quite fine with Archie not giving the whole story, sure it might have made the members feel better but it could have also been disastrous for the club.

older saint
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:

The reason i do not believe this is it would not have taken the last 5 month so of investigation to realise this. It may have been part of thing but not the major issue. I do not expect or want full disclsoure to members, but at least something more like what was written in the press which explains why the change of direction and that resources were not wasted for the last 5 months.
BTW I do not have an issue with the decision

GrumpyOne

Fair go Oldie.

The Board employs the CEO.

They tell him what to do and say.

If he doesn't, he is unemployed.

When it comes down to the bottom line, whoever controls your pay packet controls your actions.