Howard & Polak Rookies Paid As Seniors

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Howard & Polak Rookies Paid As Seniors

I have read that Richmond wants the AFL to agree to Polak being accepted as a mature age rookie. :shock: :shock: :shock:
The suggestion is that Polak would not be out of pocket because he would still be paid his full contract amount.
He would be paid more than the rookie minimum but none of it would count against the salary cap as he would be a rookie.

If this is possible then Howard could be rookied by St Kilda and then paid at whatever amount he has in his contract.
Most of us agree he should be on the minimum for a 3rd year player but if he were a rookie none of it would count against the cap.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
EB
Club Player

Life threatening brain injury vs not being up to scratch.

Good luck.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me... though I don't know... that Polack is kept on the list this year with the hope of making one symbolic comeback appearance and retiring. I hope he can recover enough to do that. The extent of his injuries was frightening - and I say that from the point of view of someone who knows too much about brain injuries for his own good. I do wish the poor fellow well.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I think how it will work is that we wil have to pay out Howards contract and it will be under the salary cap however I don't think we will have to pay him a rookie contract... isn't that what happened with Mini?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
ace
Saintsational Legend

I am not suggesting any relationship between the medical condition of the players, only that if a rookie can be paid more than the rookie minimum and it still does not count against the salary cap, it should be the same for all clubs.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.