Riewoldt Watts article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Lennon wrote:
Cro wrote:Exactly, if GT writes a good article I will say so, if he writes rubbish (which we have here) I will say so. If you like it, that's great. People will always read and take it in differently.

Some people have to get over GT, he's gone, and I think now we are better for it.
Er, dude?

Take a look at which people made the article about the author rather than the contents.

Jesus Christ, and you tell other people to "get over" GT?
totally narly ...dude... :roll: ..like so yesterday....whatever!!

“Yeah….nah””
HarveysDeciple

Teflon wrote:
Lennon wrote:
Cro wrote:Exactly, if GT writes a good article I will say so, if he writes rubbish (which we have here) I will say so. If you like it, that's great. People will always read and take it in differently.

Some people have to get over GT, he's gone, and I think now we are better for it.
Er, dude?

Take a look at which people made the article about the author rather than the contents.

he has a point....and yes in my oppinion it was a smart arse view....didn't you just preach oppinions....you made your reply about the author of the article not the article...I made mine about the post from you....again nothing wrong with that.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Lennon wrote:

Er, dude?

he has a point....and yes in my oppinion it was a smart arse view....didn't you just preach oppinions....you made your reply about the author of the article not the article...I made mine about the post from you....again nothing wrong with that.

No problems at all - if you're now giving the green light for everyone to purely comment on other posters postings and not the topic Ive no issue with that.

I could feed of your meagre contribution all day.

Hows that for a preachy opinion?

“Yeah….nah””
HarveysDeciple

Teflon wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Lennon wrote:

Er, dude?

No problems at all - if you're now giving the green light for everyone to purely comment on other posters postings and not the topic Ive no issue with that.

It was my oppinion as a mod...it means nothing of the sort....if people read that out of it they are mistaken....

Cro
Club Player

Lennon wrote:

Er, dude?

If you think I still care about GT, you're sadly mistaken. It was a response to HarveysDeciple with his love for GT. Or am I not allowed to respond to others?

And I believe I commented on both the article and the author.

philip
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
and thank f@rk for that.

seriously, its a great read.

sadly, it smacks of a man who ikes to be seen as "kingdaddy" of the kids and who absolutely needs to remind everyone that he STILL has close ties with a superstar AFL footballer in Riewoldt (and is therefore relevant and worth listening to...) AND possibly an inkling into his next victim in Watts.

Regardless, hope they enjoyed swimming in Rod's pool.....must be great living in a house in Brighton that you stooged your once best friend out of a million bucks for...........

Thank the lord we NOW have a coach whose main focus aint himself but the actual football the club plays....

I guess you just simply prove the saying, "opinions are like @rseholes, everyone's got one!"

its a shame, you can at times post some good stuff and then this drivel comes out of your keyboard!!!

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Am I the only one who thinks if the OP had forgotten to mention who had authored the article (bad form though that would have been), we'd have a very different thread?

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Lennon
Club Player

Cro wrote:
Lennon wrote:

Er, dude?

If you think I still care about GT, you're sadly mistaken. It was a response to HarveysDeciple with his love for GT. Or am I not allowed to respond to others?

And I believe I commented on both the article and the author.
HD's original post in this thread:
HarveysDeciple wrote:Good to see a nice article and a good thread resorting to the usual vitriol and smart arse comments....

ah well.
How the hell is that about "his love for GT"??

Clearly some of us are not over GT to the point that a thread about an article, that is written by him, gets derailed by people who still aren't finished complaining about him two years later.
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Am I the only one who thinks if the OP had forgotten to mention who had authored the article (bad form though that would have been), we'd have a very different thread?
Definitely not alone in your thinking.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

philip wrote:
Teflon wrote:
and thank f@rk for that.

seriously, its a great read.

sadly, it smacks of a man who ikes to be seen as "kingdaddy" of the kids and who absolutely needs to remind everyone that he STILL has close ties with a superstar AFL footballer in Riewoldt (and is therefore relevant and worth listening to...) AND possibly an inkling into his next victim in Watts.

Regardless, hope they enjoyed swimming in Rod's pool.....must be great living in a house in Brighton that you stooged your once best friend out of a million bucks for...........

Thank the lord we NOW have a coach whose main focus aint himself but the actual football the club plays....

I guess you just simply prove the saying, "opinions are like @rseholes, everyone's got one!"

its a shame, you can at times post some good stuff and then this drivel comes out of your keyboard!!!

philip
well since we can now (thanks HD clearing it up...) say ANYTHING and hide behind "its my opinion"...Im pleased to announce all of your "stuff" is apologistic nonsense....you only seem to come out when its GT related.....which is odd...

This fresh "its only my opinion" approach is cathartic....IMHO ofcourse. :wink:

BTW IF you like "some of my stuff" and "opinions are like @ssholes" are you suggesting you like some of my butt?

Weird.
Last edited by Teflon on Sat 13 Dec 2008 10:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
Teflon wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Lennon wrote:

Er, dude?

It was my oppinion as a mod...it means nothing of the sort....if people read that out of it they are mistaken....
what a drivel laced, nothing response.

IMHO.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Am I the only one who thinks if the OP had forgotten to mention who had authored the article (bad form though that would have been), we'd have a very different thread?
Is it not so inconceivable that as the article IS written by our most recent ex coach who happens to have a love/love relationship with our current captian....that, in that context, any comment on the article or the author is relevant?

Seriously, can people not post a view without the need to censor what can/cant be discussed ?

How do some get out of bed each day......I mean......what happens when the TV news reports a 'bad news story' some dislike......shock..horror!! How dare they discuss that.... :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Lennon wrote: Clearly some of us are not over GT to the point that a thread about an article, that is written by him, gets derailed by people who still aren't finished complaining about him two years later.
How does a posters view on an article written by an ex saints coach (so any comment is in fact absolutely relevant to the topic) immediately translate to "threads been derailed" and prove we just arent "over it"??

Does this really mean that anyone who comments on the previous coach IYHO hasnt moved on to the enlightened place you clearly occupy?

Do show us the way grasshopper...

“Yeah….nah””
HarveysDeciple

warnings flying around left right and centre today....someone looking at one for another dose of condescending posting.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:warnings flying around left right and centre today....someone looking at one for another dose of condescending posting.
After weighing into this thread and labelling my original post as "smart @ss" when it wasnt - Id hope that condescending warning jibe wasnt directed at me.... purely cause you wont admit your original post was out of line???

You've no right to abuse posters and direct insults at them because they have an opinion you dont like or share. If you dont agree state that - but surely theres no need for the "smart @ss" comments..

Some self moderation is required here I think - if you cant do that impartially maybe its time to hang up the keyboard.

“Yeah….nah””
HarveysDeciple

Teflon wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:warnings flying around left right and centre today....someone looking at one for another dose of condescending posting.
After weighing into this thread and labelling my original post as "smart @ss" when it wasnt - Id hope that condescending warning jibe wasnt directed at me.... purely cause you wont admit your original post was out of line???

You've no right to abuse posters and direct insults at them because they have an opinion you dont like or share. If you dont agree state that - but surely theres no need for the "smart @ss" comments..

Some self moderation is required here I think - if you cant do that impartially maybe its time to hang up the keyboard.
Im a mod....I felt a thread was hijacked by smart arse comments....as a mod it's my place to say that...didn't abuse you, or anyone...Suggested a thread revert back on track without smart arse jibes when I felt it was detoured....sounds like moderating to me.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

RL SUCKS!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Im a mod....I felt a thread was hijacked by smart arse comments....as a mod it's my place to say that...didn't abuse you, or anyone...Suggested a thread revert back on track without smart arse jibes when I felt it was detoured....sounds like moderating to me.
Your a mod. You ASSUMED my OP was a smart @ss comment. I informed you that you were wrong, that I wasnt being a smart @ss and that it is my view. Clearly you dont like my views on Grant as they clash with yours (as is your right - but I dont go round labelling your views "smart @ss" comments...). You persist in attacking me and hiding behind "Im a mod"

All power to you champ - your a "mod". Congratulations.

Im sure good moderators have the ability to admit when they get it wrong.

“Yeah….nah””
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Your a mod. You ASSUMED my OP was a smart @ss comment. I informed you that you were wrong, that I wasnt being a smart @ss and that it is my view. Clearly you dont like my views on Grant as they clash with yours (as is your right - but I dont go round labelling your views "smart @ss" comments...). You persist in attacking me and hiding behind "Im a mod"

I was wondering why this thread was still on the main board....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Teflon wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:
Teflon wrote:

I was wondering why this thread was still on the main board....
Now you know? :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
HarveysDeciple

Teflon wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:
Teflon wrote:

that's the beauty about oppinions......what's wrong in one person's mind is right in anothers....