Is anyone else bored?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

linz
Club Player

Is anyone else bored?

To me now 2009 is more a matter of hope rather than expectation.
A couple of years ago I thought we were certs.
Unfortunately we had a lot of good players but we had a lot of injuries
Now we have a great injury management team but our playing list isn't that great anymore.
Another saints cart before the horse demonstration.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
linz
Club Player

Apologies for such a negative post. (Must have been the Turkey). I'm probably more frustrated rather than bored. (Leave the wife out of it).

Sainterman
Club Player

Know what you mean Linz, but sometimes we unexepectedly do well, just when you think things are looking grim. Keep the faith buddy, good things to those who wait....

Badlands
Club Player

For 98% of last season, a top 4 finish/preliminary final seemed like a pipe dream. I too, don't have high hopes for the year ahead, but footy has a habit of throwing up surprises.

There's always a few teams who perform above pre-season expectations, so after a few seasons of perhaps not quite living up to pre-season expectations (whether they were inflated or not) let's hope next year we are amongst the 'surprise packets' of 2009.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
jays
Club Player

im bored aswell cant wait till footy starts again

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:Apologies for such a negative post. (Must have been the Turkey). I'm probably more frustrated rather than bored. (Leave the wife out of it).
no it's all good.

We need to fire up (like RnBW, Everton and CaseyScorp are on another post). during this most boring and dull part of the off season.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you linz.

But I'm sure someone else will call you a fwit :lol:

But don't dispear, we will have awesome preseason nab irrelevant cup form and will once again be rightful "February Premiers!".

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

But don't dispear, we will have awesome preseason nab irrelevant cup form and will once again be rightful "February Premiers!".[/quot

lol, NAB irrelevant cup, though we should not knock it, itd the only flag I know

linz
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
linz wrote:Apologies for such a negative post. (Must have been the Turkey). I'm probably more frustrated rather than bored. (Leave the wife out of it).
no it's all good.

We need to fire up (like RnBW, Everton and CaseyScorp are on another post). during this most boring and dull part of the off season.

But don't dispear, we will have awesome preseason nab irrelevant cup form and will once again be rightful "February Premiers!".
My sole mate 8-) He has been there.
My story is tragic - FAR MORE TRAGIC
My Dad used to work for The Bank of New South Wales (Now Westpac)
1971 after arriving in Melbourne (as an 13 YO) from Perth my father asked me who we should barrack for in Melbourne. As we had settled in Mt Waverley the 2 closest teams (almost ecquidescent were St Kilda and Hawthorn.) Hawthorn were then based at Glenferrie oval.

Because I had barracked for East Fremantle in the WAFL and because they had a jumper design similar to the Saints ie a white slash in the middle of other colours I went for the Saints.

In 1971 The Saints and the Hawks had won 1 Flag each up to that stage.
Some may say my decision making is flawed. I would say they have a good case. How many flags have the Hawks won now?

I hope my 600th post will be a bit cheerier!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
no it's all good.

My sole mate 8-) He has been there.
My story is tragic - FAR MORE TRAGIC
My Dad used to work for The Bank of New South Wales (Now Westpac)
1971 after arriving in Melbourne (as an 13 YO) from Perth my father asked me who we should barrack for in Melbourne. As we had settled in Mt Waverley the 2 closest teams (almost ecquidescent were St Kilda and Hawthorn.) Hawthorn were then based at Glenferrie oval.

Because I had barracked for East Fremantle in the WAFL and because they had a jumper design similar to the Saints ie a white slash in the middle of other colours I went for the Saints.

In 1971 The Saints and the Hawks had won 1 Flag each up to that stage.
Some may say my decision making is flawed. I would say they have a good case. How many flags have the Hawks won now?

I hope my 600th post will be a bit cheerier!!
Gee sorry to hear that.

What a shocking story indeed.

A bit like changing doors, or whatever that film was called!

Imagine how boringly enjoyable and stress-free your life could've been eh? :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
linz
Club Player

I think that's why I now hate the Hawks with a passion. For FS they now have more than 30,000 members be they people,cats or dogs. They're all jumping onboard the "Buddy Train".

At least I get a 10% discount on any merchandise I buy at the club now. My reward for being a member since 1972. Gee Thanks!!