Inter-club praccy match opportunity: 21-22 Feb!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Inter-club praccy match opportunity: 21-22 Feb!

http://www.saints.com.au/Portals/0/afl_ ... turev2.pdf

Have a geek at that!

On Saturday/Sunday 21/22 Feb, us, along with 7 other sides, have the week off, with the nab cup first round spread over 3 weekends!

With our intraclub confirmed as 6 Feb by Seaford Saint (date makes sense!), we have an awesome opportunity to schedule a praccy match at Moorabbin against COLLINGWOOD, for example!

Is this feasible??

Thoughts?

Should I "Ask Archie?"

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Pilgram
Club Player

archie may kack his dacks if you ask him that. probably dirty to be back at work.
organising a game against collingwood would be just about the last thing on his mind i'd guess.
especially given that collingwood are eyeing dubai.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Pilgram wrote:archie may kack his dacks if you ask him that. probably dirty to be back at work.
organising a game against collingwood would be just about the last thing on his mind i'd guess.
especially given that collingwood are eyeing dubai.
What a brilliant idea. Then we can all compare notes as to why neither team recruited Ben Cousins. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Inter-club praccy match opportunity: 21-22 Feb!

saintspremiers wrote:www.saints.com.au/Portals/0/afl_docs/fi ... turev2.pdf

Have a geek at that!

On Saturday/Sunday 21/22 Feb, us, along with 7 other sides, have the week off, with the nab cup first round spread over 3 weekends!

With our intraclub confirmed as 6 Feb by Seaford Saint (date makes sense!), we have an awesome opportunity to schedule a praccy match at Moorabbin against COLLINGWOOD, for example!

Is this feasible??

Thoughts?

Should I "Ask Archie?"
Pretty sure the club wouldnt want extra practice games and anyway the AFL organise all the games not the clubs.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Inter-club praccy match opportunity: 21-22 Feb!

plugger66 wrote:
Pretty sure the club wouldnt want extra practice games and anyway the AFL organise all the games not the clubs.
Thats how I read it too !!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we could have a 2nd Interclub practise match. Maybe Sandy and our youngsters.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Maybe we could have a 2nd Interclub practise match. Maybe Sandy and our youngsters.
If plugger is correct, then this may be our only option - not a bad one either!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we get AFL umpires for the intraclub, ie. it is sanctioned by the AFL also??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Just with regard to the OP.... it was NOT I who confirmed the Intra Club Practice Match Date..... I am no where near well enough connected to confirm those sorts of things :)

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:Just with regard to the OP.... it was NOT I who confirmed the Intra Club Practice Match Date..... I am no where near well enough connected to confirm those sorts of things :)
good enough for me.....and it's not exactly top secret stuff that is an issue if leaked out.....if you could call that sort of info a leak in any case!!!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Organise a praccy match between our club and another AFL club at Moorabbin.

Except have an unspoken agreeement that it's only youngsters or desperately unfit seniors who can play.

I'd love to see it.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Organise a praccy match between our club and another AFL club at Moorabbin.

Except have an unspoken agreeement that it's only youngsters or desperately unfit seniors who can play.

I'd love to see it.
Ahh yes that memorable game..full-strength Roo's vs our 2nds...famous as Wayne Careys last appearance in a North jumper

As plugger66 has said, the practice match schedule is in the hands of the AFL..I guess the Club can suggest the idea though and yes, a "all under 23" game would have great appeal I reckon

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor