Eljay Connors

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Otiman wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:What a sharp contrast to the 2008 doom-sayers who reckoned we didn't have any good kids coming through.
We didn't.

Armitage and Howard were flops, given when they were picked. NO rising star nominations in the past few years other than Gilbert and Raph.
Oh yes they did. All this bollocks about how we were doomed because none of the kids looked "likely".
I mean't we (as in st kilda) didn't have any kids playing well then, and people were in their right to say so.

People wanted Armitage to be as good as Selwood, and so on.

PJ
SS Life Member

I would put him in front of Jack Steven at the moment.
Both these guys play completely different roles. Eljay is like Gram and Stevo is in the L Ball mould.

Thought Stevo was pretty good on Sat night. In fact I liked what both did. People need to step back from seeing them as either rockstars or trailer trash. They both have a lot to give the saints but will take development time - neither will probably be regulars this season but i hope both get a bit of game time.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.