St Kilda add Ted Widmer to NSW Scholarship program

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda add Ted Widmer to NSW Scholarship program

This was put up on the official Saints website today but I didn't see any thread on it, I could have missed it though.

http://www.saints.com.au/fanzone/suppor ... wsid=72271

A 190cm key back prospect from Pennent Hills (the same club Lenny, McGrath and Josh Duncan come from)

Has already completed his HSC and he is only just turned 18, which should give him some time to really prepare himself for the draft, I'm not sure what the rules are for NSW scholarship players but I would live to see him put up in Vic for the rest of the year to prepare him for the draft.

Good luck Ted and welcome to St Kilda!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
mick13
Club Player

Wish we could see these kids play. They're all relative unkowns to us...

goodie
Club Player

I suppose this is one way to get around the GC drafting restrictions, for $10,000 we get first dibs on him, and if we so desire can add him to our rookie list without him taking up a space.

Might as well milk it for all it's worth

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Gee we're a little Penno focussed...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I thought the same thing Penno, surely there are some other clubs up there...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I thought the same thing Penno, surely there are some other clubs up there...
Maybe Pennant Hills is the modern day NSW equivalent of Assumption College Kilmore when it comes to young footballers?

st1
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:Gee we're a little Penno focussed...
Only 2 of our scholarship players played junior football at pennant hills Josh Duncan Played under 14/15s before moving to the seniors and Ted Widmer Played with Duncan in the 14/15s and last year played under 18s whilst Josh Duncan played in the firsts when not playing for under 18 rams state team. Josh played in the winning team in the SFL Grand Final. McGrath and Furguson were imports that Danny Ryan bought to the club after they were Scholarshiped maybe to make it easyer for him to coach. Pennant hills is a great club and i have heard that one of Essendons Scholarship boys will be playing in the under 18s at pennant hills this season. : :D