Injuries the great leveler.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Injuries the great leveler.

All those who blamed poor coaching, poor effort, lazyness , lack of desire and poor list management. To the left all those who said injuries are what hobbled us to the right. Those on the right point to Hawthorn and say I told you so.

Although its only two games in Hawthorn look like the shell of the side that won the AFL flag in 08. Only one reason for this and one only "INJURIES". While we have struggled on and made prelims over the last 5 years injuries have never once given us a fair tilt at it. Credit by some on here was forthcoming for the effort to succeed while the odds kept stacking up. As many as a dozen players at anytime were missing chunks of football and people refused to see it.

Take a look at the Hawkes people, injuries the greatest of all levellers.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah my best mate is a hawks supporter and he was always telling me how I was exaggerating and that it didn't make that much of a difference, we just choked he would say...

He certainly has changed his tune :wink:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Yeah my best mate is a hawks supporter and he was always telling me how I was exaggerating and that it didn't make that much of a difference, we just choked he would say...

:lol: So you're getting the "Swans were just playing the Box Hill Hawks" line too. :lol:

Pure gold.

As per the OP, injuries really do play a huge part. Very underestimated by supporters when their teams are flying injury free.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Yeah my best mate is a hawks supporter and he was always telling me how I was exaggerating and that it didn't make that much of a difference, we just choked he would say...

:lol: So you're getting the "Swans were just playing the Box Hill Hawks" line too. :lol:

Pure gold.

As per the OP, injuries really do play a huge part. Very underestimated by supporters when their teams are flying injury free.
Agree. Also demonstrated by the Swans being completely injury free after Round 15 or something ridiculous like that in their premiership year.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Decides who wins the flag and who doesn't...Always has ..Always will :x

Just has to be our turn to be spared sometime....please :cry: :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Baldock Rules
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

Pure gold.

Agree. Also demonstrated by the Swans being completely injury free after Round 15 or something ridiculous like that in their premiership year.
Even then they fell in by 2 points with the kidney punching Hall on the ground instead of in the grandstand where he should have been.

Bitter?

Who me? :roll:

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Goose's kidneys are directly above his belly? A medical miracle! :roll:

Baldock Rules
Club Player

St DAC wrote:Goose's kidneys are directly above his belly? A medical miracle! :roll:
Solar plexus to be completely accurate but you knew who I was refering to.Mongrel :x

Him not you :wink:

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.