Impressed by Jared Petrenko? Well, he liked us too...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Impressed by Jared Petrenko? Well, he liked us too...

http://www.saints.com.au/News/NEWSARTIC ... wsId=53848
The Crows next pick wasn’t until 58 and Port Adelaide only had one selection remaining. It was looking more and more like Petrenko would go interstate, but he didn’t care. His loyalties weren’t to either of the SA-based teams, but to Victorian club St Kilda.
Had a fantastic look about him looking into the 2007 draft and I was surprised we didn't have a crack at him in the rookie draft when he was available at Pick 8 or 24. Maybe size (177cm) was the big issue, but I always fancied his dash.

Be interested to see if he kicks on and makes it. Good to see another Sainter (by heart, if not employer) doing well so far, anyway.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

derby Street
Club Player

I believe he did have injury issues with his shoulder.

However I do know that J.B did come over to S.A to watch him play - so he must have been on the radar.

S.A Saint
Club Player

yea he is a very close mate of mine and loved the saints.....was disappointed that we didn't recruit him as he would have been a good half back flanker with potential to move into the midfield...