Riewoldt not going well makes our forward line better?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Re: Riewoldt not going well makes our forward line better?

stinger wrote:
gringo wrote:It may just be that the whole team is looking better this year or is the team better for not placing as much reliance on Roo.

It seemed to me like the saints went to Riewoldt when he was triple or double teamed last year because he was the only reliable focal point.

It appears the load is being spread and brings us a less predictable forward structure.

Sometimes spilling the ball for the small forwards can be better than Roo in close on an angle.

I still would rather have 3 Nick Riewoldts running around but I think it may not be a bad thing for the others to show their skills and let them become legitimate options on the lead.

...yep.....they are also playing better because banger left too.......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

...now if we can only get rid of dal, lenny and joey, we should have the premiership in the bag...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Our rich vein of form goes further back than that stinger, since 1971 in fact, the year Ian Stewart joined the Tigers.

We haven't looked back since then, we've gone from strength to strength.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I still think we could do with a small fast forward like aussie Wonnamirri or a Davey brother- they could give us that unpredictable factor that Steve Johnson or Nick Davis had or have.

Saints94
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:I still think we could do with a small fast forward like aussie Wonnamirri or a Davey brother- they could give us that unpredictable factor that Steve Johnson or Nick Davis had or have.
Nick Davis :shock: