I love Stats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

I love Stats

All this talk saying we are trying to mimic other teams beats me, we are our own team and there are some stats that prove that. last year we were so slow with our ball movement it started getting boring (Sydneys Style)

Interesting to see after the 3rd round, we kick the most on average than any other team

with 223.7 per game and our handballs is 162.7

I thought it was interesting to see Sydney only averaging 84 marks a game compared to Carlton (highest of 120) when Sydney supposedly take too much time with the ball holding up the play

Our stats are
First in Kicks per game of 223.7- Lowest Fremantle 174.3

7th in Handballs a game 162.3- Highest Adelaide with 206- Lowest Sydney 138

5th in disposals with 386 a game- highest Port 419.7. Lowest Freo 329.7

5th in marks with 111.7- Cartlon highest with 120 and eagles lowest 84.3

3rd in goals with 17.3 a game- Carlton highest with 19 and Tigers lowest with 10

14th in Behinds with 10 a game Geelong 16.6 (this is a good stat as we are the straightest at goal, but we are still 5 shots at goal less than Cats, Blues and Port

Tackles we are 1st with 77- Lowest Eagles with 41.3

I know some stats dont mean much, but what else can you go by?

We seem to play on a lot more than last year, and we use more kicks which means your forwards get first use and can mark it (we all knew this)

Am extremely pleased with our, tackles, goal kicking and kicks in play.

Interesting to see where we could play after playing a Geelong, Dogs, Port, Carlton, Hawks, all teams that use the ball a lot and are tough themselves

On the other extreme our defence is sensational

these are stats on teams against us.

Kicks we are first with only 173.7 against
Handballs we are 12th with 183 against ( we are strangling teams)
Possessions against we are 7th with 357
marks we are 2nd with 88.3
Goals we are first with 9.3
Behinds we are 3rd with 10
tackles we are 6th against with 52.7 (other teams must pick up their muscle)
Last edited by Batnoe on Tue 14 Apr 2009 5:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: I love Stats

Batnoe wrote:Interesting to see where we could play after playing a Geelong, Dogs, Port, Carlton, Hawks, all teams that use the ball a lot and are tough themselves
this is what i am waiting on, to see where we are truly at. dwe just don't know whether we are better than the ordinary sides or whether we are just as good as geeelong, hawthorn or bulldogs.

we surely must be better than carlton and collingwood, gawd i hope so!!!!

as to port at Port. that will be one oif the first tests.

carnasaints55
Club Player

if tackling, kicking goals and keeping the other team to a few goals is copying another team, then its impossible not to.

roo=god