Our own that broke our hearts...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
the shadow wrote:Sorry Plugger66. I know everything you say is right because you say so. Google Blacky or his missus, or if you are as close to him as you imply you are, just ask him. It was in the media. I know better than to take on the omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent plugger66. I remember the last time we locked horns. You were the only one without the integrity to admit you might be even the slightest bit wrong. Says it all really. I'll make sure the truth in my future posts does not offend your fragile sensibilities. You are indeed a piece of work. As for those who support you....., enough said. You are right. All the conversations I had with Heath were wrong. Sorry. I'll give him a smack as well. Great win today. Go sainters.
Glad to admit you are wrong. Wouldnt know Black if i fell over him. Just told by very reliable sources. Why didnt you go on about my spelling and English like you did last time when you were proved wrong. How was the party last night. Have a laugh about the spelling. Now you claim you have spoken to Heath. Funny that was never mentioed before just that his misses denied him leaving had something to do with her. Seems you arguement is weak so you now claim you spoke to him. By the way people supported me last time because you were wrong and also you attacked me about unimportant things like spelling. I know it may he hard to accept by an intellect like yourself but people would rather the truth and poor spelling than untruths and excellent spelling.
Personally I'll go with Shadow who has spoken to the person involved rather than some reliable sources no doubt with an agenda to protect.

Losing Heath was one of the hardest to swallow over the last 5 years, he was better than a lot on here give him credit for.
Seems you are easy to convince. He hadnt mentioned once he had spoken to him until his last post which seems convenient but i do agree with you i would always go for the person who has spoken to the said player if that is what really happened. By the way my reliable source didnt have an agenda to protect but he could always be wrong which i do doubt though.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Heath Black was a soft pack skirting sniper......at his best off HB playing wide of any traffic.....yes he could kick....

Was a part of the Capuano, Lawrence gehrig group of drinkers who acted like A-Holes on the piss...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think heath Black wasn't so popular with GT after he roughed up Riewoldt at training- he wasn't as good at it as seatanta O'hailpin. GT loved Nick and it was probably too much for him to take. Heath Black was abig loss and put us back a step. As for Capuano he was a scape goat as Big Mart said before for Gerhig, Lawrence etc. and their car crashing and boozing.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Heath Black was a soft pack skirting sniper......at his best off HB playing wide of any traffic.....yes he could kick....

Was a part of the Capuano, Lawrence gehrig group of drinkers who acted like A-Holes on the piss...
I knew of him second hand off field, and yes I can't argue with any of that.

I don't really care how they are off field, I am mostly interested on how they go on field, for which he was sadly missed, he wasn't soft, we missed his run and carry badly.

loris
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:
ace wrote:Ian Stewart at the time.
I was young and naive at the time so didn't understand the rumours, but if what I heard were true, now I would have preferred him traded to Melbourne Demons so he would go straight to hell.
Does anyone know the facts?
He charged under the name of Ian Cervi
Yep and third offence for same thing :shock:

Once in tassie before he came to saints.

Twice at saints....

It came down to who remained at St Kilda.....Alan Jeans or Stewart.

Yabby at that time was still a full time police officer & part time coach (as it was for coaches in those days). Was putting Jeansy in what the Police Dept saw as a not very desirable position so there was pressure on him to consider his career as a police officer. Club stood by Jeans on the issue.

Got to remember views on certain codes of behaviour then weren't as liberal or as understaing as it is today.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It's funny how different fans see players....

saints fans saw Black as tough...probably because he was solid and ran hard...

Freo fans knew he was a skirt....because he never won a contested ball..

and he played better footy for Freo.....RU best and fairest twice....his best finsh at ST.K was 8th, which was his only top 15.

Highly overrated....and a D***

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It's funny how different fans see players....

saints fans saw Black as tough...probably because he was solid and ran hard...

Freo fans knew he was a skirt....because he never won a contested ball..

and he played better footy for Freo.....RU best and fairest twice....his best finsh at ST.K was 8th, which was his only top 15.

Highly overrated....and a D***
I don't see him as tough or soft, but I do agree he was a sniper, which made him something different to us. We don't have enough dh's, overall we are a bit too nice.

Of course he was a skirt for Freo, you have to be to fit in :wink:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Heath Black had the ability to kick goals under pressure and against the run of play...
that was the only tough thing about him.

the shadow
Club Player

Ah plugger 66, how I enjoy you making a fool of yourself. What does "glad to admit you are wrong", mean? I'm not trying to be clever, just trying to fathom the shallow depths of your reptilian brain. Do you mean I've admitted I was wrong? Did nothing of the sort if you care to read my posts.

I didn't "go over" your post because I've humiliated you enough. Your illiterate and infantile writing is embarrassing to read. Unlike you, I have spoken to Heath about the situation. He wanted out as early as 2003. That is what I know. The lure to WA may have had something to do with him going home but it wasn't THE reason he went back. Sadly, last I was told, he and his partner have split up. I don't know whose argument is weaker, yours based on a "reliable source", or mine directly from the source? Then again, logic is not your strong point.

As for telling the truth plugger66, you are hardly in a position to comment. You called me a liar last time we locked horns and several posters commented on this through the forum and in PM's. You did this without any knowledge of who I am or what I know. I have never called you a liar, as I don't know what you know. It would be unfair of me to comment either way.

What I do know from studying the semantics of your posts, not just to me but to others in this forum is the following. You consider yourself something of an "insider". You rarely, if ever come up with anything that is not generally already known, or can be sourced from other areas. When challenged, you immediately resort to abuse and take the high moral ground, claiming you are telling the truth. It is an unsophisticated and childish tactic that is all too transparent to those who have a bit of "life experience". As in our last exchange, you even claimed you get into trouble for telling the truth! To use a good old Australian colloquialism, "Strewth, you're full of it mate!" Sorry Plugger66, but you are an A grade bulls*** artist with an F grade mentality.

Somehow you always manage to turn a post into a slanging match. I'm sure other forumites don't appreciate it and nor do I. I apologise in advance to the other forumites for once again descending to your level. I promise this is the last time I will do this.

BTW I was using sarcasm in my last post. I know it is the lowest form of wit, but then I thought it was appropriate as it was aimed at you. Finally, I think people prefer good English, interesting discussions, diversity of opinion and the right to express them without being attacked by half-wits like you, over your so-called version of the "truth".

As for the truth, plugger66, it is a very malleable thing. Please let us know your definition of it and be sure to tell the rest of the world's brilliant minds, as they have wrestled with the concept for many centuries. As Mark Twain once said, "Only a fool is absolutely convinced about the total righteousness of his beliefs." I believe he may have been referring to the likes of you.

Run like Ditterich, arms flailing, cause fear in the enemy, make fellow saints walk tall!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

a lot of us have had trouble from this particular poster ts....he's renowned for being a bit slow...bad spelling........sticking up for the f-wits in the afl and the odd scum journo.....oh, and also for being wrong more often than right......apart from that he's okay..... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
No1_Saint
Club Player

the shadow wrote:Heath Black wanted to go home? All the way to Oakleigh! You may recall he is a Victorian and went to Freo from the Oakleigh Chargers! His partner/wife is on record in the press as saying she had nothing to do with their return to WA and that she was made the scapegoat. She was happy to stay as she was also originally from Victoria and still had friends and relatives here. Her mother lives in WA now, but she claims she did not give Heath an ultimatum to return to WA.

Heath's problems stemmed from his dysfunctional relationship with GT. That's the reason he didn't enjoy his time at Moorabbin. I'm not casting aspersions on GT here. Many players don't get on with their coaches. HEath is a very stubborn type as well. It was a case of the immovable object meeting the irresistible force.
I remember working at Mobil in Glen Waverley one night across from Waverley Reserve and Heath came in off his face during the season maybe 2 days before match day. Good riddance I say.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

the shadow wrote:Ah plugger 66, how I enjoy you making a fool of yourself. What does "glad to admit you are wrong", mean? I'm not trying to be clever, just trying to fathom the shallow depths of your reptilian brain. Do you mean I've admitted I was wrong? Did nothing of the sort if you care to read my posts.

I didn't "go over" your post because I've humiliated you enough. Your illiterate and infantile writing is embarrassing to read. Unlike you, I have spoken to Heath about the situation. He wanted out as early as 2003. That is what I know. The lure to WA may have had something to do with him going home but it wasn't THE reason he went back. Sadly, last I was told, he and his partner have split up. I don't know whose argument is weaker, yours based on a "reliable source", or mine directly from the source? Then again, logic is not your strong point.

As for telling the truth plugger66, you are hardly in a position to comment. You called me a liar last time we locked horns and several posters commented on this through the forum and in PM's. You did this without any knowledge of who I am or what I know. I have never called you a liar, as I don't know what you know. It would be unfair of me to comment either way.

What I do know from studying the semantics of your posts, not just to me but to others in this forum is the following. You consider yourself something of an "insider". You rarely, if ever come up with anything that is not generally already known, or can be sourced from other areas. When challenged, you immediately resort to abuse and take the high moral ground, claiming you are telling the truth. It is an unsophisticated and childish tactic that is all too transparent to those who have a bit of "life experience". As in our last exchange, you even claimed you get into trouble for telling the truth! To use a good old Australian colloquialism, "Strewth, you're full of it mate!" Sorry Plugger66, but you are an A grade bulls*** artist with an F grade mentality.

Somehow you always manage to turn a post into a slanging match. I'm sure other forumites don't appreciate it and nor do I. I apologise in advance to the other forumites for once again descending to your level. I promise this is the last time I will do this.

BTW I was using sarcasm in my last post. I know it is the lowest form of wit, but then I thought it was appropriate as it was aimed at you. Finally, I think people prefer good English, interesting discussions, diversity of opinion and the right to express them without being attacked by half-wits like you, over your so-called version of the "truth".

As for the truth, plugger66, it is a very malleable thing. Please let us know your definition of it and be sure to tell the rest of the world's brilliant minds, as they have wrestled with the concept for many centuries. As Mark Twain once said, "Only a fool is absolutely convinced about the total righteousness of his beliefs." I believe he may have been referring to the likes of you.

I have found that when you are struggling to tell the truth you resort to how bad my English is. That proved a hit in the last thread when I think you started argueing with just about everyone and probably was given a holiday as well. Me I got not even a warning because they saw who was at fault. You even apologised which I found really funny. I can imagine how many pms you got. Its funny that you hardly got any support in the other thread and again it seems you have only one supporter and he would support Osama Bin ladin over me.

The other thing I found really funny is that you never mentioned speaking to Heath on the first occasion but when challenged came up with that extremely funny story.

As for me ever saying i am an insider well that is crap. I may hear stories because of some people I know but that makes me far from an insider. In this case I heard off a very reliable source. And what has him breaking up with his partner got to do with anything. Are you trying to say he wouldnt go home for his partner because 3 years later they ended their partnership.

Thanks for also apologising to other posters for this slanging match and saying it will be the last time you will do it. I remember something pretty much the same in the last thread and then you continued on and on with just about everyone abusing posters like i have hot dinners and you say i have trouble with the truth.

Yes i have again probably made spelling mistakes and the English may not be up to your self important lofty standards but as i will not be hearing from you again about this thread, who cares.

Mark
Club Player

Quit name calling you guys.We are supposed to be brother and sister Saints supporters. Agree to disagree,but be polite and show a fellow Sainter some respect.

TheOptimist
Club Player

MAybe with the death of a close mate, Begley realized that life is too short and wanted to be near his family more?

Fancy an overpaid AFL player having real emotions. What is the world coming to?

... Oh how I want to be with St Kilda!
the shadow
Club Player

Haven't seen a single bit of support for you on here. Nice one about Eddy in the other post. Was that a lie or a mistake? Or did you get it from one of your "reliable sources"? Unreliable, liar, big noter and a joke. All by-words for you plugger66.

BTW, I didn't get a holiday in the other post, so don't know what you're on about (as usual). I was man enough to apologise, hardly a reason for criticism. Why don't you try some humility yourself? It may be the beginning of your development into a man (or woman).

You're way out of your depth on this forum. Most posters seem to be able to tell the truth, express themselves properly and see reason. Come back and play when you're up to it. Until then I don't give a "syuff" (Vintage plugger66) what you think.

Run like Ditterich, arms flailing, cause fear in the enemy, make fellow saints walk tall!
iremember66
Club Player

getting back to the thread at hand

Big Carl

I saw Big Carl play his first game (against Melbourne at the Junction Oval) - it was my first ever game of (V) AFL - and I came down from the bush at 10 yrs of age - sssssooooooo excited...

Saw this big blond fella tear them apart.

Put the number 10 on my back and never took it off - even when he left (AND WENT TO MELBOURNE)!!!!

Even when I played basketball for a fitness thing years later (bit sad I know), I squabbled like a child until I got the number 10 top.

Lot to answer for BIG CARL...

I was MORTIFIED when he left. Went off the game for a few years.

(Came back of course - geez it's been hard to be a saints supporter - but (again) firmly convinced that this year is the year - AND WILL BE RIGHT UP TO THE TIME ITS MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE)...