could Freo be a danger game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

carnasaints55
Club Player

i know that this is pretty obvious, but, if we are to be real contenders, this should NOT be a danger game. in 07 and 08, Geelong went into every game and smashed their opponents. We need to replicate that in so far as whoever we play, we need to put our best foot forward and smash them because we have the talent to do so.

roo=god
HarveysDeciple

Every game is a danger game.

But gees we'd have to play very poorly.

The thing I just want to see is this ferocious tackling and pressure.

If we can recapture that intensity every week, then we will be a chance in every game, and will lead to us completely braining sides like Freo.

Just keep the intensity up Sainters, don't let games like this one slip.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We believe we can win, can't say the same for Freo

saintly_safes
Club Player

The only way Freo could beat us is if we let our current form go to our heads & start lairising . If we play the same selfless team game we have played over the last three weeks , we will win & win well.There is no such thing as an easy game these days & if you dont turn up to play (mentally)you will lose.I am confident that the boys realise that they cannot afford to be complacent & will apply theselves as if we were playing Geelong.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Get the 4 points, no injuries, no suspensions, and stay fresh for the following week. That's all I'll ask for any week of the year, except the last one in september.

doristhesaint
Club Player

Freo is no chance they r a rabble

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Every game COULD be a danger game, it all depends on your approach and attitiude. On form we should account for Freo. I will worry about the following week after this week is finished.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Have we ever smashed freo? Can't recall it.... last year over there was about as good as it's been and we started very ugly .

Think they're a hard side to smash,always ugly scrappy wins...they bring you down to there level. Anyone remember the old commodore64 soccer game in the cartridge 'international soccer' ? It had 9 levels and level 9 was the worst. They were just annoying to play against as they'd keep getting the ball then kicking it out of bounds ,or backwards, frustrating you....that's freo!!! The Fremantle internation soccer level niners

Bring back the Lockett era
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

As stated, something strange seems to happen every time we play freo. Strange this time could possibly be a loss, so damn straight its a danger game.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It's a danger game in that it's one that we should win easily ad it would be very very deflating if we dropped it... would unravel a lot of good work that we've done to this point

Personally, I really REALLY REALLY want this one. Fremantle are a bunch of %$^& soft c@#ks with a huge sense on entitlement that have screwed us over far too many time.
I not only want to win, I want to squah them into the dirt and put all the media scrutiny on Mark "Call me after the 1st set of Interviews" Harvey. Three coaches that I can't stand out there, he is one of them... never had anything nice to say about us

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

cliche cliche cliche

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
casey scorp
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:Freo are a basket case, completely dysfunctional.

If you ask any logical tipster it will be Saints easily.

The danger game is Port at AAMI, we have a shocking record against them and they always seem to bully us out of the game
saintly wrote:spot on with that.

port over there is very difficult. they have beaton us time and again. that will be one benchmark. then we may see whether the saints are any good or they just beat up the lowly sides.
We beat them over in Adelaide in 1997, and have been beaten by them the last 6 times we've played them at AAMI.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

65+ tackles again and we will flog them.

If we drop our intensity, Freo could cause an upset.. It happens.

But seriously, if we unload the same pressure that we have averaged so far this season, this could be an absolute hiding.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....