How are the memberships going now??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
bigcarl wrote:good initiative by the club. are we the first to do this or is it common practice, i wonder?

unfortunately i won't be getting a call from roo or kosi. made the mistake of already renewing my membership. :wink:
someone noted several weeks ago that another club had done it
Blues did it last year

the saints have done it before- possibly 4-5 years ago
someone last week said they got a call from Burkie.

one of the clubs new Sponsors has helped make this possible- PCL is a call centre operation- so even if thier sponsorship is only the use of facility it helps the club.
That might have been me. :D

I posted before the season that Penerith Panthers did it in the NRL and with success and asked if anybody new if it had been done by any AFL club. Hey Saintbrat I'd like to think that someone at the club saw the post and decided it was a good idea but me thinks that they were already onto it themselves.

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Seaford_Saint wrote:Sitting in a Brisbane unit here..... can someone please tell me what i should do....

My wife lost her job 8 weeks ago...we have our next bundle of joy arriving in late July.....

Am I a bad "Supporter" if I don't renew???

Some people should think before they lump everyone in the same bucket as non-supporters just because memberships haven't be renewed.

For all you folk fortunate enough to be at next Saturday night's game watching the Saints, don't give me a second thought, as I'm cleaning bathrooms as a 2nd job since being made redundant from an IT provider some 12 weeks ago.....

I will just consider myself to be a bad Supporter...

FFS.... you people have no grasp of reality!!!
Fair point Seaford Saint - I went on record in the sponsorship drive as saying that "choice of words" may have been wrong for the very same reason . So apologies ,,, I guess it doesn't make you a bad "supporter",

Good luck for the future.

What will be next from this club ?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:Sitting in a Brisbane unit here..... can someone please tell me what i should do....

My wife lost her job 8 weeks ago...we have our next bundle of joy arriving in late July.....

and I do understand that people choices, options, and situations can change, whether we want them to or not,
I trust that you can still enjoy the ride that The saints are taking us on and
if you have been a member in the past- then know that you have done what you could- when you could

as someone previously stated- the revs are more for those who whinge and moan about how the saints are doing - or not doing- yet delay or forget or think to long for minor inconsistencies or because they don't like the colour of the socks..................

Good luck with that bundle of Joy Seaford_saint
maybe a saintly name :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
lazy
Club Player

Seaford
Bundle of joy in what could be the year of the Saint. Can't get better than that, membership or no membership. Good luck.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Good luck Seaford_Saint. I can tell by the passion in your post that you are a true supporter.
Remember when things are really low, the only way is up. And in these times of uncertainty everybody should stop and think carefully before casting judgement on others, because who knows who the "GFC" will hit next.
Best of luck with the impending arrival of your new little Saint. And don't forget to post and let us know when you welcome your new arrival.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:

Some people should think before they lump everyone in the same bucket as non-supporters just because memberships haven't be renewed.

For all you folk fortunate enough to be at next Saturday night's game watching the Saints, don't give me a second thought, as I'm cleaning bathrooms as a 2nd job since being made redundant from an IT provider some 12 weeks ago.....

I will just consider myself to be a bad Supporter...

FFS.... you people have no grasp of reality!!!
Fair point Seaford Saint - I went on record in the sponsorship drive as saying that "choice of words" may have been wrong for the very same reason . So apologies ,,, I guess it doesn't make you a bad "supporter",

Good luck for the future.
its a football team............

its not life like some of the nuff nuffs on here believe it to be

good luck for the future mate, hope it turns around

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Thank you Saints Premiers 2008 ,, I publicly and privately went on record to apologise for my gaff.

Appreciate you also having your dig at me. Do you feel better for it ?

Thanks.

What will be next from this club ?
sainter35
Club Player

Don't let anybody make you feel guilty for wanting the best for our football club Vietnam Saint.

There was nothing much wrong with what you said in the first place, other than the fact that there are situations where it's just not possible or a priority for some people due to their personal circumstances.

The fact remains that this football club has a big and "supposedly" loyal supporter base but we are a long way behind most other clubs when it comes to membership sales.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:good initiative by the club. are we the first to do this or is it common practice, i wonder?

unfortunately i won't be getting a call from roo or kosi. made the mistake of already renewing my membership. :wink:
pretty common practice. the saints did it a few years ago, bulldogs i knew did it a couple of years ago and still continuing.

Marcus1232
Club Player

my membership card wont be arriving for another week or so. So is there anywhere i can collect a ticket for this weekend ??

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

each week the club have been posting informaiton on how to collect all sorts of things- including scarves and tickets

this from last week- so keep your eye out
http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx
Round 3 - St Kilda v West Coast 2:10pm, Saturday April 11th at Etihad Stadium

Thank you for signing up for 2009! It's sure to be a great season for the Saints if our first couple of weeks are anything to go by. Due to the fact the club has signed up more than 1,000 members since Round 1, we thought it was prudent to post a match day guide outlining our member services offered for our Round 3 match. If you have any queries on the night please ensure you are there as early as possible to avoid any queues. The marquees will be open from ....................

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Marcus1232
Club Player

thanks for that.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im still waiting for someone to get back to me from when they asked me if i want a ticket to the crows game or the port game as my free ticket for being an interstate member.
i chose the port game (basically because i had a corp box for the crows game, and theres always plenty of tickets for port games :P )

still havent recieved an email reply or a ticket :?
i replied to the email on the last day with 5 hours to spare.

seriously the membership department could be run better by folks from this forum.
no wonder theres only 27 odd thousand :cry:

ill check the mailbox today.....if no ticket i will ring, ask what the f*** is going on and then i spose ill be going down to Ticketmaster to PAY for a ticket to the port game.
either way ill be there at the game obviously.....but shesh pull ya finger out membership dept.