St Kilda, Geelong keen for MCG Blockbuster

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

If the AFL does move the game to the G, what happens to the reserved seat holders?

Is there some type of special allocation?

If not, I would be really p1ssed off

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
SaintDebi
Club Player

Last time we had a "home" game at the G there were a number of bays set aside for reserve seat holders, but not designated seats, so it was first in best dressed. Not really satisfactory I don't think. If they are going to inconvenience us by changing venues, then they should put in the time and effort to place us in similar designated seating (eg: row, area of the ground etc).
I'm really sorry, I know there have been benefits to the club pointed out by other posters which are all valid, but try as I might to convince myself I can't embrace it.
I prefer to watch OUR home game at OUR home ground in MY reserved seat. Sorry.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Last time we had a "home" game at the G there were a number of bays set aside for reserve seat holders, but not designated seats, so it was first in best dressed. Not really satisfactory I don't think. If they are going to inconvenience us by changing venues, then they should put in the time and effort to place us in similar designated seating (eg: row, area of the ground etc).
I'm really sorry, I know there have been benefits to the club pointed out by other posters which are all valid, but try as I might to convince myself I can't embrace it.
Correct and correct!

If the bloody AFL would schedule us more than one away game there Id be adamant on this...but I still get the nagging feeling that playing em on the Big Stage in the 2nd 1/2 of the season might have benefits.

I still maintain though that supporters who dont buy memberships cant really expect to automatically gain entry to a big game at ES. If the AFL genuinely think it will sell out, some priority has to be given to home team members IMHO

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:Last time we had a "home" game at the G there were a number of bays set aside for reserve seat holders, but not designated seats, so it was first in best dressed. Not really satisfactory I don't think. If they are going to inconvenience us by changing venues, then they should put in the time and effort to place us in similar designated seating (eg: row, area of the ground etc).
Correct and correct!

If the bloody AFL would schedule us more than one away game there Id be adamant on this...but I still get the nagging feeling that playing em on the Big Stage in the 2nd 1/2 of the season might have benefits.

I still maintain though that supporters who dont buy memberships cant really expect to automatically gain entry to a big game at ES. If the AFL genuinely think it will sell out, some priority has to be given to home team members IMHO
And RESERVED seat members that miss out on their RESERVED seat at our HOME game.

If it is going to be moved, give the Club enough time to organise proper reserved seating for the reserved seat members and NOT first in best dressed.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
SaintDebi
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Correct and correct!

And RESERVED seat members that miss out on their RESERVED seat at our HOME game.

If it is going to be moved, give the Club enough time to organise proper reserved seating for the reserved seat members and NOT first in best dressed.
Agreed.

sainter35
Club Player

Yes, as SaintDebi said in the seasons where we've played home games at the MCG we've been designated bays rather than a specific seat.

However, you're all talking about the first in best dressed seating arrangement as if people would miss out if they didn't get there early. There were actually way too many seats allocated and you could pretty much sit anywhere you wanted.

Look, I do agree that we pay for a reserved seat so are entitled to it and the team plays Etihad Stadium better than any other team.

However I honestly wouldn't mind if we did move the game in this case. It would be fantastic to play in front of a crowd of 70,000 and get some experience playing against a good side at the MCG.

At the end of the day the very reason this is being discussed is because we've started the season so well and playing some great footy. That's got to be a good thing (although we do have to be mindful that a lot can happen in the next 9 games).

SaintDebi
Club Player

As I have said, People have put forth very valid reasons why we should move this game. I'm not arguing with any of them.
As with so many things football, my thoughts on this are coming from the heart, not the head.

JABBER
Club Player

st kilda geelong mcg blockbuster

St kilda will be stupid if they change to the mcg against geelong they play alot more game outside than us

Also last year they never changed there game against the bulldogs to the mcg

trevor barker
Loyal
Club Player

it's easy to see both sides of the debate:

A. blockbuster. the AFL and networks like the sound of the word 'blockbuster'. if it were played at the MCG and there were a big crowd it may be good for the club.

B. our home game. technically we should remain to play it at the dome. in reality what needs to happen is that the dome needs to be sold out every week before we start thinking about playing any of our home games elsewhere.

i like that people are talking about it (st kilda/ blockbuster) however it would be a massive slap in the face for reserved seat members and playing just once at the MCG is an advantage that we are lucky to have. the controlled conditions of the dome are just fine for now. we need to make a GF before we start talking about moving any of our home games and to entertain moving home games to the MCG as an idea at this stage is somewhat premature.

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
Megamaguire
Club Player

Positives both for Dome & 'G'

Very hard to choose here however if the coach and players felt it would improve the team's chances of playing the'G' in the finals then i'd find it hard to vote against that sentiment.
Statistically we could argue for the Dome as we may have an advantage in getting the 4 points - strong argument too.

I might abstain.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Well i just looked and that is queens birthday weekend isint it? i have no footy so i can go to that game :)
Queens Birthday is a month earlier. Are you sure you know what day it is?

The game against the Pussies will not be moved. When have the AFL ever moved a game, as they said they would when Docklands started?

The AFL draw is set in stone.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell