replacement home game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintDebi
Club Player

Thats true, and as this is the only game at the G thats probably the best option. The point I was trying to make was twofold.
1) I think I am being "given" entry into a game I have already paid for as
part of my 16 game membership, and
2) just stating that I would be prepared to PAY to sit elsewhere in a seat
that would be available for me to purchase if I was not a reserve seat
holder.
And again, I apologise for saying the seats are crappy. They are not crappy and I know people enjoy sitting there. That was just my poor choice of wording.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

hellorocky wrote:Social Club seating for this game???

:
Yes I noticed that that too...so as soon as I read the email I emailed the Club back what provision had been made for SC Members.
** for seating
** for bar service

I know years back when they brought in the Tassie games that they initially "forgot" about SC members then ended up giving us an are with bar in the new stand.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Guys and gals..I thnk you'll find that the only way we were going to get reserved seats at this replacement game was if they had it at the G..and unfort thanks to the FIX-ture Round 22 was their only option. Remember its a replacement "free" entry game, not an actual home game. The logistics of having 2 "home" teams at ES would be a nightmare.and thats what we'd be faced with if they'd had the replacement game there with Saints reserved seating. THink about it...imagine a Saints home game there and try and work out where you'd put 15,000 extra reserved seat holders except on L3, and then there'd be more grizzling

AS for the location of the seating, well not its not on the Wing, but remember its still actually Melbourne's home game, and they have their own Yearly reserved seats to consider. I cant be faffed searching the Net to find where they are, but theres a pretty good chance that they might be on the wing eh?

Personally, Id far prefer to be behind the goals in the Ponsford stand, than on the wing on the top deck of the GSS..and who knows maybe that was the only other option? Oh and the Club HAVE organised a pseudo-Social club for the gold seating people.

As I mentioned elsewhere, noone seemed to complain back in the Tassie days when all you got as compensation was free entry to an away game..no reserved seating areas at all..at TD or the 'G
With respect, just how many Melbourne Members have reserved seating?

Surely the Club could have done a better deal than all reserved seat members seat behind the Goals (no matter what level their membership reserved seat status is)

This IMO is a crap deal, if you don't like sitting behind a goal end of a match with no other option

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

:
Yes I noticed that that too...so as soon as I read the email I emailed the Club back what provision had been made for SC Members.
** for seating
** for bar service

I know years back when they brought in the Tassie games that they initially "forgot" about SC members then ended up giving us an are with bar in the new stand.
Incorrect..that was an ACTUAL (fixtured) home game v Richmond at the G, not a replacement game for Tassie

You are right though, they did forget about the SC and IIRC it was people power from this site that alerted the Club to the problem. That day was actually the last time I sat in our SC area (and ive been a SC member for 4 years). I stood to applaude a Fraser Gehrig goal, well after the umpire had waved the flags, and an old biddy behind me told me in no uncertain terms to sit down.

Not be allowed to stand and applaud a Saints goal after the event?? Pfft no thanks..back to the MW for me 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

:
** for seating
** for bar service.

I have not heard back yet, and it was late in the day. But in the past they have always answered and so when I get an answer I will post it.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....