The Dogs Always Knock Us Down When We're Up!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu

I have never been more confident.

+1

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i think we can win, but it wouldn't pay to underestimate them.

they are a good team, well coached and on the rebound. they beat us twice last season and could have won it if they'd had a forward stand up in the preliminary final.

they've some very good players including akermanis who smashed us last season.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Legendary wrote:Curious meher baba as to your thoughts on Eddy? I thought he had one of his better games last week. Certainly would drop Gwilt ahead of him.
Eddy tackled well and ran hard, which are his strengths. But he looked rusty and turned the ball over several times. He was ok, but there's a lot of competition for spots in the top 22 ATM and I reckon others have stronger claims.

Gwilt not only made some great disposals, but he had an excellent game off the ball, blocking and bumping and shepherding: watch the tape again.
I didn't think he had much of a game against Freo, but he was one of our better ones against Port.
well, if eddy looked rusty so will Raph. i'd leave eddy in and bring in Mc Evoy. king nor kosi will be in.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Moccha Con was a legend. Had a shitload of talent but was forced to work in his old man's fish and chip shop which didn't help his footy. He ate too much of the stuff too[/quote]

he did have alot of talent. i wondered why nothing happend for him.

ace
Saintsational Legend

I still have nightmares about the Dogs.
Always on the wrong side of town at the Western Oval.
A dilapidated excuse for a football oval.
Did I say oval, I should say oversized sardine can with most of the spectating behind the goals.
Standing under the "carport in the outer" so as not to have to be miles from the play at the ends of the sardine can shaped ground.

The weather at least a 5 goal wind favouring one end and probably rainiing.
Relative postions on the ladder St Kilda a finals contender, Dogs just also rans.

First quarter St Kilda kicking against the wind.
Good defence, and strong play to score a few goals.
Through sheer hard work and endevour, they hold a Dogs to only a couple of goals lead.

Second quarter St Kilda dominating play every player on the field in our forward line (the Doggies invented the flood decades ago).
Saints find kicking long and accurately with the wind a problem.
Behind score mounts.

THEN Doggies get the ball to the centre of the ground.
Small running player bursts clear then a relay of small runners take the ball to the goal sqaure and ........ repeat ....... repeat......etc
At half time the Doggies are further ahead.

Second half a repeat of the first.
Doggies win easily despite St Kilda dominating play all day.
Gee how I hate those little runners with the excitement and cheers of the Doggy supporters in my ears.
Don't they realise they are also rans and never going to make the finals and St Kilda needs a win to stay within touch.

THEN waiting, wating, waiting for ever, for the train in the rain.
It's not even Footscray station.
It's Footscray West on the St Albans line.
Do they run more than one train per day to the city on the St Albans line.
AND the long cross city journey that takes for ever.

Please end my nightmare Sainters, give them a hundred point thrashing this time.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

From memory, they've usually played well against us when we were favourites, but we kicked dirt in their face when they were highly fancied.

Memories of the former are the obvious Round 12, 2004, Round 3, 2008 and the infamous draw of Round 18, 2007.

Memories of the later are Round 22, 2006 and Round 3, 2007.

Can't remember who was favoured in Round 14, 2005.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

just remembered the first game of the '81 season at western oval

milan faletic kicked 5 and we all went home with a nice glow thinking that we had the recruit of all time

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

I think it was 1967 (so we were reigning premiers) we unexpectedly lost to Footscray in a night competition match at the Lake Oval.

Can't remember much about it except that Ditterich was playing, George Bissett was best on ground, and there was a smell of doughnuts in the air!

I've seen them as a bogey team ever since.

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Superboot wrote: Can't remember much about it except that Ditterich was playing, George Bissett was best on ground, and there was a smell of doughnuts in the air!
brilliant