50 games

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

50 games

One of the truisms of AFL is that players really start to find their feet and strut their stuff by the the time they play about 50 games..

Many of our current "best 22" are already there...and by seasons end some of our less experienced players will have reached this level, or will be closing in on it.

Gilbert...45
R Clarke...42
McQualter...41
Gwilt... 32
Jones... 32

Dawson ...20
Armitage...16
Geary...16
Eddy... 15

This in itself should be the cause of some potential improvement by seasons end as players grow with experience at the top level..

Interesting to note that the group in bold above have all recently really started to show something...

Geary is starting to look comfortable...and Zac has been one of the pleasant surprises of 2009.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: 50 games

[quote="saintsRrising"]One of the truisms of AFL is that players really start to find their feet and strut their stuff by the the time they play about 50 games..

Many of our current "best 22" are already there...and by seasons end some of our less experienced players will have reached this level, or will be closing in on it.

[b] Gilbert...45
R Clarke...42
McQualter...41
Gwilt... 32
Jones... 32[/b]

Gilbert is already strutting his stuff (on schedule for All Australian) and has five games to go.

Dawson ...20
Armitage...16
Geary...16
Eddy... 15

This in itself should be the cause of some potential improvement by seasons end as players grow with experience at the top level..

Interesting to note that the group in bold above have all recently really started to show something...

Geary is starting to look comfortable...and Zac has been one of the pleasant surprises of 2009.[/quote]

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: 50 games

ace wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:One of the truisms of AFL is that players really start to find their feet and strut their stuff by the the time they play about 50 games..

Gilbert...45
R Clarke...42
McQualter...41
Gwilt... 32
Jones... 32

Gilbert is already strutting his stuff (on schedule for All Australian) and has five games to go.

Dawson ...20
Armitage...16
Geary...16
Eddy... 15

Geary is starting to look comfortable...and Zac has been one of the pleasant surprises of 2009.
Gilbert is catching the eye of many, I am very proud of what this young guy has acheived already. Such a livewire, very enjoyable to watch.

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

Good point about the group in bold (but hey, if only Caydn Beetham had stuck around for a few more games!).

Sam Gilbert will be All Australian one day.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Give Dawson another 30 odd games......and he will be a lot better too.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Beekay
SS Life Member

Superboot wrote:Good point about the group in bold (but hey, if only Caydn Beetham had stuck around for a few more games!).

Sam Gilbert will be All Australian one day.
Probably at the end of the season.