7 over 30, 10 are 25 or more..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

7 over 30, 10 are 25 or more..

No not their age!!!!

We had 7 players with 30 or more disposals and 10 with 25 or more.

I would suspect that we would have rarely if ever have done that before (one of our stat minded members may wish to check).

Very pleasing to see that Ray topped the lot with 39...and that Joey who is often our highest got 29.

This year who is our biggest ball winner has been shared around a lot.

A pleasing aspect of this is it makes match-ups so much harder for our opponents.

Gaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnn are the days where it was stop Dal and you stopped St Kilda.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: 7 over 30, 10 are 25 or more..

saintsRrising wrote:No not their age!!!!

We had 7 players with 30 or more disposals and 10 with 25 or more.

I would suspect that we would have rarely if ever have done that before (one of our stat minded members may wish to check).

Very pleasing to see that Ray topped the lot with 39...and that Joey who is often our highest got 29.

This year who is our biggest ball winner has been shared around a lot.

A pleasing aspect of this is it makes match-ups so much harder for our opponents.

Gaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnn are the days where it was stop Dal and you stopped St Kilda.
As much as it was one of our better wins for the year it was also a game where stats meant nothing in the backline in the second half. Adelaide were pathetic and didnt care that we had the ball as long as they didnt let us score. I think sometimes stats shouldnt even be shown and yesterday was a good example.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Don't get carried away with stats

Roo and schneider not the most stats but had a huge bearing on the outcome.

saint4life
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

At half time they showed a 'live points' list which had Bock leading the list.
I was absolutely gob-smacked and then realised the reason why these 'points' can often be misleading. Bock was in the middle of the Adelaide chipolotto that took place for about 15 minutes of the second quarter and as a result picked up kick-mark-kick-mark-kick-mark-kick.

I realise lots of people are enamoured with this 'points' game but too often the 'points' do not accurately reflect the value of players.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
. Adelaide were pathetic and didnt care that we had the ball as long as they didnt let us score. .
St Kilda made them "pathetic".

They were not pathetic in the first quarter and have not been pathetic for the last 7 weeks.

Saints stepped on the pedal and wiped them out of the match.

Near quarter time Craig ran up the white fag to try and preventa 100 point blow out as he wanted to save their % from getting too much ofa hammering so that they can stay in the finals race.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 20 Jul 2009 9:43am, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Don't get carried away with stats

Roo and schneider not the most stats but had a huge bearing on the outcome.
I fully concur....but it was not really the thust of my OP>

It was more to discuss this statistical curiousity.

I think it is well known that RL uses stats to assess the players...but the stats he focuses on are the TEAM ones....and not kicks or goals.

As I mentioned in one of the Ball threads...this year there is a lot of players from many clubs racking up 40 odd disposals due to the way footie is played.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
. Adelaide were pathetic and didnt care that we had the ball as long as they didnt let us score. .
Maybe your source at the club can explain to you that St Kilda made them "pathetic".
they were not pathetic in the first quarter and have not been pathetic for the last 7 weeks.

Near quarter time Craig ran up the white fag to try and preventa 100 point blow out as he wanted to save their % from getting too much ofa hammering so that they can stay in the finals race.
Did i actually say we didnt make them look pathetic. Of course we did. All i was saying is stats in the second half meant nothing yesterday. I note you didnt quote that I said it was one of our best wins for the year. I love selective quoting. And what is this rubbish about a source at the club? Sorry you have lost me.

SoopaSaint
Club Player

Why is it so//? IF you have the ball as much as the Saints had it against Adelaide, it means they don't have it. IF they don't have it they cannot score. Saints dominated!

spert
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we lair-ized? badly in the third quarter when we had them on the ropes..to much show-off handballing around the midfield when a long kick into the forward line was required..for the amount of time we had the ball in our forward line, we didn't convert enough.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Kilda made them "pathetic".

They were not pathetic in the first quarter and have not been pathetic for the last 7 weeks.

Couldn't agree more. You only play as well as the opposition team lets you. Adelaide received a rude shock yesterday in regards to how far away they are from the top 2 (possibly 3) teams at the top of the ladder.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

spert wrote:I reckon we lair-ized? badly in the third quarter when we had them on the ropes..to much show-off handballing around the midfield when a long kick into the forward line was required..for the amount of time we had the ball in our forward line, we didn't convert enough.
You are kidding, aren't you? There is just no pleasing some. I bet you were one of those booing the team yesterday as well!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Near quarter time Craig ran up the white fag .
Wow SrR what a sledge.

Racist, homophobic, and an aspersion on the Crows coach all in 9 words.

Excellent. :D :D :wink:

(BTW this is a joke - please dont anybody think i am calling SrR racist)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
battye
Saintsational Legend

It seems numbers in the high 30's and low 40's are not uncommon in the modern brand of footy. 35 seems to be the new 25.

Tells you just how good Harvey was hen he was racking up large numbers a decade ago :)

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

We had 11 of our 22 achieve the 'magical' 100 or more dreamteam points according to the AFL site.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:We had 11 of our 22 achieve the 'magical' 100 or more dreamteam points according to the AFL site.
Nice of the boys to boost my score up!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:We had 11 of our 22 achieve the 'magical' 100 or more dreamteam points according to the AFL site.
Had a word to them beforehand did you - was it you that caused the chipping around in the backline - :wink:

Would score better if they 'kicked it up the guts' and Roo kicked the 14 goals he needed to draw level with Fev on the Coleman chase! :lol: :lol:

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Banger2Plugger
Club Player

Think Saints boot studder even scored DreamTeam points they saw that much of it - oh and I do believe Milne let some of the Adelaide players know that it was a Sherrin!

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
degruch wrote:
Had a word to them beforehand did you - was it you that caused the chipping around in the backline - :wink:

Yeah, got on the blower to 'em at 3/4 time. :lol:

Goddard, Blake, Gilbert, Fisher, they're all in my backline, plus Roo up forward, so I get the best of both worlds!