McWalter, Ray much improved

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FullMonty
Club Player

Don't know who has got in his ear, but this kid is not the same player that was dropped off the list and rookie listed. Fantastic to see him starting to make a little more time for himself and deliver well into the forward line.

Fazza too has grown at the saints. Heard a nickname of Apple (turnover) but he has been sensational for us.

Montyrules!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Mc Who

:roll: :roll:

saint4life
mick13
Club Player

That little fake and chip to Milney in the 1st or 3rd was magic...

He's got the talent/potential, and now he's starting to realise it. Good on him.

Ray is the same. Wasn't a number 4 draft pick for no reason.

SuperSaint
Club Player

McQualter it is. :wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

His name is spelled correctly at the top of the page underneath his photo - he's only one of our sponsored players.

JohnE
Club Player

Love the 'comeback kid's' year so far... Has come back from the brink of no-AFL career, well done RL in keeping the faith in him. Now cover yourself in glory son and win us a flag!

Kourkoumelis & Beveridge & Traianidis Appreciation Society
ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: McWalter, Ray much improved

FullMonty wrote: Fazza too has grown at the saints. Heard a nickname of Apple (turnover) but he has been sensational for us.
Did he get that name because Tippy Toes Johnson refused to run properly to take easy marks.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Re: McWalter, Ray much improved

ace wrote:
FullMonty wrote: Fazza too has grown at the saints. Heard a nickname of Apple (turnover) but he has been sensational for us.
Did he get that name because Tippy Toes Johnson refused to run properly to take easy marks.
"Apple" also came to me via a Dog supporter when we picked him up, yes because of his turnovers.

39 touches today, career best form.

Bwahahahahahahahaha

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Farren Ray was absolutely brilliant today.
I'm a fan. I hope he can keep up this great play!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Both have been revelatiions this year.

The Bulldog supporters who have no idea called him soft (never the case), the one's with some were frustrated by his disposal (they are bleeding now).

Has fitted into our team setup and style perfectly...it's amazing what having a couple of key forwards, a well oiled backline and a distinct lack of downhill skiers can do for a player's disposal and mindset.

Can't get too many top 5 draft picks with 70 odd games in them and approaching their peak...an inspired trade.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Ghost Like wrote:The Bulldog supporters who have no idea called him soft (never the case)...
Brendon Goddard said earlier in the year that they challenged Ray on his hardness when he came to the club. If the Saints players thought Ray was a bit soft, you can hardly blame Doggies supporters for thinking the same thing.

Ray would certainly seem to have responded to the challenge. Last year he averaged 2.4 contested possessions per game, this year he averages 6.7. He's upped his tackes from 2.5 per to 3.8. He's done a great job of addressing areas of his game that were obviously deficient at the Dogs. He's still not Simon Black, but he's a lot closer to that than he was this time last year.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I hope Rodney Eade is enjoying watching Farren Ray blossom at the Saints, Farren is just one of the many headaches he will have to endure on Saturday night.

SoopaSaint
Club Player

Yep - Ray certainly came from the clouds this year... and what a player. Marks like a tall... runs like a small and has excellent skills! Had a quiet patch over a few games, but against the Crows was back to his best! And McWalter is another one of those no-nonsense young-uns we have. His forward work of recent has been excellent.