The New Hamill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

emmdee
Club Player

what size is Armo? does he read the play? & is he ok overhead? just a thought, got good strength, can lay a tackle & kick a goal....

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

emmdee wrote:what size is Armo? does he read the play? & is he ok overhead? just a thought, got good strength, can lay a tackle & kick a goal....
David Armitage (183/80) - I don't reckon he's that great overhead, though he knows where to find the goals. Slightly bigger than Schneider, Milne, McQualter, but I just don't think he plays tall enough. Still could be worth a try.

Another name mentioned elsewhere is Ryan Gamble (184/78). It's strange that he's about the same height as Armo but seems like he plays much taller. Not a great shot at goal and seems like an inside 50 player, but could be in the mix I suppose. But I agree with those who've spoken about the "touch of mongrel" and I haven't seen that in him yet.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Another one mentioned elsewhere is Ben McKinley (184/85). He must play tall because I thought he was bigger than 184 (shorter than Lenny or Dal!). Kicked 30.27 and took 4.6 marks a game playing in the forward line. 18 tackles for the year is a problem, though, we'd need that to seriously change.

flyingwhale18
Club Player

could try Armo in that spot, kid is relentless and as some have pointed out, can lay a tackle and snag a goal.

team: oh when the saints!
milne: oh when the saints...
team: go marching in!
milne: GO MARCHING IN!
EB
Club Player

Jarrad Rooke.

The undersized crash and bash key position players eg Archer, Hamill seem to have gone out of fashion in the last decade