Well done Francis Leach - defender of Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Statsman
Club Player

Well done Francis! It's about time somebody focused on the dozen good things Raph does each game instead of harping on about the 2-3 clangers he has.

Take that mark he took in the 4th quarter of the PF in the center of the MCG with 3 Bulldogs bearing down on him. If he fumbles that under pressure, the Bulldogs stream forward in numbers, kick the goal and quite possible head to the Grand Final. Fortunately for us, Raph stood tall and took of a one grab mark that he never looked like dropped.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Griggsy wrote:Facebookians, that want there shi**y opinion heard far and wide.

Facebook posts the Peake trade. Replies "TRADE RAPH"
Facebook posts X trade. Replies "NOT X, TRADE RAPH"
Facebook posts something unrelated to football. Replies "Raph is crap"

They get their rocks off on the stuff. If those people only knew what being a true fan was. Not being some bandwaggoning hippie who never watches the game even if they are on TV.
generally speaking most of them know absolutely zero on footy. so their opinions aren't valid. In fact they probably aren't their opinions they are just copying their friends views since they don't actually watch games due to a lack of intelligence to understand it.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
doristhesaint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
philip wrote:
joffa - you better sit down for this but I agree with you that raph is better forward.

You can't afford to have blokes down back who are indecisive, slow of mind, choose poor options and generally crap themselves in tight situations. That said up forward he can make the play instead of defending it.

I still don't understand why raph is a protected species though...

philip
Always thought Raph is better up forward.

But I see you still haven't watched the PF this year. We wouldn't have played in a GF if it wasn't for him in the 4th quarter.

he was decisive - chose good options - quick of mind - and generally our BOG in the 4th qtr.

But hey dont let facts get in the way of slagging and being a Raph hater :roll:
Dont let the facts get in the way joffa of raph gift wrapping the first goal to Rooke in the GF :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

doristhesaint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
philip wrote:
joffa - you better sit down for this but I agree with you that raph is better forward.

You can't afford to have blokes down back who are indecisive, slow of mind, choose poor options and generally crap themselves in tight situations. That said up forward he can make the play instead of defending it.

philip

But I see you still haven't watched the PF this year. We wouldn't have played in a GF if it wasn't for him in the 4th quarter.

he was decisive - chose good options - quick of mind - and generally our BOG in the 4th qtr.

Dont let the facts get in the way joffa of raph gift wrapping the first goal to Rooke in the GF :roll:
So another Raph hater who didn't see the PF.

if it wasn't for Raph we wouldn't ever had made the GF.

Get back to Facebook you clueless fool.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

doristhesaint wrote:
Speaking of "Facts & Stories" a close look at that 1st goal in the GF will reveal it was Sam Fisher who was mostly at fault. Yes, Raph was the one who got caught but Sam "peeled off" rather than protect the ball carrier (Raph) !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
doristhesaint wrote:
Speaking of "Facts & Stories" a close look at that 1st goal in the GF will reveal it was Sam Fisher who was mostly at fault. Yes, Raph was the one who got caught but Sam "peeled off" rather than protect the ball carrier (Raph) !!
Save it Eastern - these know nothing haters will throw up any crap to throw s.hit at Raph.

typical cowards

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bozza1980
Club Player

doristhesaint wrote:
Was that the one where Fisher instead of blocking runs towards Geelongs goal into traffic asking for a handball leaving Raph exposed??

That must be the one unless there was another first goal of the Grand Final.

I have an idea how about we start 4000 threads every day saying how rubbish Raph is because he is the only player who's mistakes aren't forgivable.

Let's hang, draw and quarter him because he was the only player who made mistakes in the Grand Final.

How good is Ross Lyon going to be as a coach once he finally listens to everyone that Raph is rubbish, because i'd back a poster on a website over a bloke with a 60%+ winning ratio as an AFL coach.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

redwhite&blackblood wrote:
Griggsy wrote:Facebookians, that want there shi**y opinion heard far and wide.

Facebook posts the Peake trade. Replies "TRADE RAPH"
Facebook posts X trade. Replies "NOT X, TRADE RAPH"
Facebook posts something unrelated to football. Replies "Raph is crap"

They get their rocks off on the stuff. If those people only knew what being a true fan was. Not being some bandwaggoning hippie who never watches the game even if they are on TV.
generally speaking most of them know absolutely zero on footy. so their opinions aren't valid. In fact they probably aren't their opinions they are just copying their friends views since they don't actually watch games due to a lack of intelligence to understand it.
But all the cool kids are doing it........ :roll:

doristhesaint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
doristhesaint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
philip wrote:

philip

So another Raph hater who didn't see the PF.

if it wasn't for Raph we wouldn't ever had made the GF.

Get back to Facebook you clueless fool.
Never said raph wasnt huge for us in the prelim but i look at his play over season/career not just the 1 quarter u bang on about.

I dont hate raph he and his brother(good luck) represent the club magnificently off the ground with there work with the disadvantage

I would love to see him with a premiership medal as that means we have bloody won one.

But to me his downside outweighs his upside

GrumpyOne

Sunday Red wrote:
I like Raph and thought the Hey Hey skit was just a bit of harmless fun.
Well.... at least you have a redeeming feature.

doristhesaint
Club Player

bozza1980 wrote:
doristhesaint wrote:
Was that the one where Fisher instead of blocking runs towards Geelongs goal into traffic asking for a handball leaving Raph exposed??

That must be the one unless there was another first goal of the Grand Final.

I have an idea how about we start 4000 threads every day saying how rubbish Raph is because he is the only player who's mistakes aren't forgivable.

Let's hang, draw and quarter him because he was the only player who made mistakes in the Grand Final.

How good is Ross Lyon going to be as a coach once he finally listens to everyone that Raph is rubbish, because i'd back a poster on a website over a bloke with a 60%+ winning ratio as an AFL coach.
What about the couple of times he got caught ball watching in front of the southern stand in the last quarter and let Byrnes get easily goal side of him or was the sun in his eyes.

At least i can admit when he does well, u lot think he never does anything wrong

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

doristhesaint wrote: At least i can admit when he does well, u lot think he never does anything wrong
have never seen it.

You critisise him for getting gifting Geelong the first goal and say nothing about Fisher.

You are just a hater. Go back to Facebook hater.

Lance or James??

doristhesaint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
doristhesaint wrote: At least i can admit when he does well, u lot think he never does anything wrong
have never seen it.

You critisise him for getting gifting Geelong the first goal and say nothing about Fisher.

If u watch it with out your raph blinkers on rooke was following another player until he relised raph was going barely faster than walking pace and it turned into an easy kill for him.

You dont mention the last quarter not suprised.

You wouldn be on facebook as i doubt you have enough freinds to worry about it :lol:

yipper
SS Life Member

doristhesaint wrote:
What about the couple of times he got caught ball watching in front of the southern stand in the last quarter and let Byrnes get easily goal side of him or was the sun in his eyes.

At least i can admit when he does well, u lot think he never does anything wrong
He does make mistakes, but so does every other player in the AFL - however, when Raph makes one, we get lots of tools ringing radio shows demanding he be dropped. Now let me see, Schneider misses from the goal square in the 1st Q, and again running into an open goal in the last Q - costly?? Then Milne misses twice in the last Q - costly?? How about McQualter's miss - costly?? How about the Zac Dawson spoil attempt in the Last Q - costly?? Must not have been very costly mistakes cos all we ever hear about is how bad Raph was... gee wiz, Raph's mistake cost us the GF, come on - are you serious??? He got us into the GF in the first place with an outstanding PF performance. Just amazing ignorance!! amazing!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
doristhesaint wrote:

He does make mistakes, but so does every other player in the AFL - however, when Raph makes one, we get lots of tools ringing radio shows demanding he be dropped. Now let me see, Schneider misses from the goal square in the 1st Q, and again running into an open goal in the last Q - costly?? Then Milne misses twice in the last Q - costly?? How about McQualter's miss - costly?? How about the Zac Dawson spoil attempt in the Last Q - costly?? Must not have been very costly mistakes cos all we ever hear about is how bad Raph was... gee wiz, Raph's mistake cost us the GF, come on - are you serious??? He got us into the GF in the first place with an outstanding PF performance. Just amazing ignorance!! amazing!!!
What do you expect from these cowards and haters yipper???

Lance or James??

Milton66
SS Life Member

He ain't a superstar, but I reckon he goes ok for an AFL player who's played as many games as he has.

What was that? How many games did you say? :roll: :roll:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

i am sensing Raph will be the Cult hero in 2010!! ;)

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

doristhesaint from Geelong, I know someone who lives in Highton, is a mad catter and who's mum is named Doris. Is that you Darren?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
BallBanger
Club Player

doristhesaint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
have never seen it.

If u watch it with out your raph blinkers on rooke was following another player until he relised raph was going barely faster than walking pace and it turned into an easy kill for him.

You wouldn be on facebook as i doubt you have enough freinds to worry about it :lol:
Doris, did your mother not teach you to never argue with fools?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
doristhesaint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
have never seen it.

Doris, did your mother not teach you to never argue with fools?
She hasn't argued with you -cabbage.

Lance or James??

georgie girl
Club Player

Well done Ralph Leach - defender of Raph

Dr Spaceman wrote:I'm new to this forum however have been a Saints member for about 37 years. For the record I'm an unabashed Raph supporter who has been unsuccessfully trying to convince the facebook morons of their ignorance and stupidity. However, with a few exceptions, they are beyond saving. No doubt most of them are only doing it to look cool in front of their mates.

Good luck Raph in 2010 :D
Oh SO true. My daughter and I have also been putting positive posts on there and reporting those who think it's ok to make racist comments. Sad that we have such ignorant supporters. Refreshing to read the generally more positive and more knowledgeable posts on this forum.

GO SAINTERS!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand....Raph is a playmaker, he takes risks, and with risks comes some fantastic footy and sometimes the chance that it's not always going to pay off....

I wouldn't have thought that was hard to understand?

realdeal
Club Player

redwhite&blackblood wrote:i am sensing Raph will be the Cult hero in 2010!! ;)

Lets get the ball rolling!!

Raph for 2010!! :D

Milton66
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:I don't understand....Raph is a playmaker, he takes risks, and with risks comes some fantastic footy and sometimes the chance that it's not always going to pay off....

I wouldn't have thought that was hard to understand?
It isn't, but people with low self esteem tend to constantly belittle others in order to make themselves feel better.

Just like I do. :D

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Let's get back to the REAL issue at hand....

Now his brother X has left, and gone interstate mind you, how will this effect Raph?

Will it make him stronger, more independant, and thus an even better player than he already is?

Will he use Lovett as a role model/mentor instead of his big brother?

If the answer is Yes and Yes, watch this space!!!