Goose gone ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milton66
SS Life Member

Thx for the memories Matt. Great guy.

Sadly, I reckon the game has changed too much and unless you are multi-dimensional.. you're gone.

As for all the emotial nonsense... just how great was Matt at Sandy this year?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Tom_Aus
Club Player

Good luck Goose with your future aspirations. Dissapointed to see you go, hope you get picked up by another club...

TassieJones
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Buddy, now you are really cracking me up!

"biting us on the bum" eh?

hmm....somehow I doubt it.

BUT....

Best of luck Goose, and I hope TassieJones is right and you star for the Hawks or another club.

There you go.

I'm not a sad sack like yourself and want for the best for a player who has been unable to contribute for us for 3 seasons now.
I am a sad sack because...? I am shocked and bitterly disappointed to see goose delisted? I don't support every move the club makes 100% (which in case you aren't sure, does not equal not supporting the club 100%)? sorry mate you lost me there.

I hope goose does great wherever he ends up (and he'll surely get picked up) just not against us of course. I am just gutted he wasn't given the chance to at St Kilda (and i know we gave him a few chances to make it back from injury... and then just when he does we cut him? surely after a full year in the vfl another year to crack the 22 was in order)
joffaboy wrote:
TassieJones wrote: I'm also glad to see you so stoked to see goose delisted for nothing. I don't usually make predictions but I can really seeing this biting us in the arse. Worse than Dawson.
What do you mean worsethan Dawson?

Maguire couldn't even crack it in our 22 this year.

FFS some people really live in the past.

Goose has been stuffed since the game against WCE in 2006.
I mean he could end up being better for another club than Dawson has been/will be for us. I don't think that's too implausible. Plenty of talented players have come back from multiple years of lay offs e.g Hentschell, Hird and I'm sure we all know plenty about Michael Gardiner.
joffaboy wrote:
TassieJones wrote:Except at least the Hawks can say they already won a flag. I just hope ross knows what he's f****** doing and we win one too or in hindsight these decisions will look even worse.
You mean decisions like Fahren Ray - Dawson - Gardiner - King - Schneider?

or Lovett?

I put my faith in a coach that got us so close this year and is looking to take us one better - over some hysteric on a fan site acting like someone just stole his lollies :roll: :roll:
No I do not mean decisions like FaRren Ray, Dawson, Gardiner etc. I've been a fan of Ross's ability to bring quality to our list for a while. I'm however a bit more suss about his list management in terms of getting rid of guys. I put my faith in Ross all year too when he refused to play Max god knows why, and did he deliver? No. Don't get me wrong I still believe Ross Lyon will deliver us a flag, but he's made some very questionable decisions which imo were unnecessary and if we don't win a flag will look pretty stupid.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

ace wrote:
vacuous space wrote:Mature age rookies have to have played zero AFL games, don't they?
There was a rule change on 22 October but as yet I have not found it on the AFL or AFLPA websites.
It did allow the players to have played an unlimited number of games.

Richmond may do it Graham Polak.
Hawthorn may be attempting it with Mitch Thorp.

I will keep looking for a definitive source.
From the Age:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/ba ... 20774.html

also, im sure that i have seen it on the AFL website... will too keep looking, but i know i have seen it on there in print...

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

TassieJones wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Buddy, now you are really cracking me up!

"biting us on the bum" eh?

hmm....somehow I doubt it.

BUT....

Best of luck Goose, and I hope TassieJones is right and you star for the Hawks or another club.

There you go.

I'm not a sad sack like yourself and want for the best for a player who has been unable to contribute for us for 3 seasons now.
I am a sad sack because...? I am shocked and bitterly disappointed to see goose delisted? I don't support every move the club makes 100% (which in case you aren't sure, does not equal not supporting the club 100%)? sorry mate you lost me there.

I hope goose does great wherever he ends up (and he'll surely get picked up) just not against us of course. I am just gutted he wasn't given the chance to at St Kilda (and i know we gave him a few chances to make it back from injury... and then just when he does we cut him? surely after a full year in the vfl another year to crack the 22 was in order)
joffaboy wrote:
TassieJones wrote: I'm also glad to see you so stoked to see goose delisted for nothing. I don't usually make predictions but I can really seeing this biting us in the arse. Worse than Dawson.
What do you mean worsethan Dawson?

Maguire couldn't even crack it in our 22 this year.

FFS some people really live in the past.

Goose has been stuffed since the game against WCE in 2006.
I mean he could end up being better for another club than Dawson has been/will be for us. I don't think that's too implausible. Plenty of talented players have come back from multiple years of lay offs e.g Hentschell, Hird and I'm sure we all know plenty about Michael Gardiner.
joffaboy wrote:
TassieJones wrote:Except at least the Hawks can say they already won a flag. I just hope ross knows what he's f****** doing and we win one too or in hindsight these decisions will look even worse.
You mean decisions like Fahren Ray - Dawson - Gardiner - King - Schneider?

or Lovett?

I put my faith in a coach that got us so close this year and is looking to take us one better - over some hysteric on a fan site acting like someone just stole his lollies :roll: :roll:
No I do not mean decisions like FaRren Ray, Dawson, Gardiner etc. I've been a fan of Ross's ability to bring quality to our list for a while. I'm however a bit more suss about his list management in terms of getting rid of guys. I put my faith in Ross all year too when he refused to play Max god knows why, and did he deliver? No. Don't get me wrong I still believe Ross Lyon will deliver us a flag, but he's made some very questionable decisions which imo were unnecessary and if we don't win a flag will look pretty stupid.
If this is your definition of 'supporting' Ross Lyon and the St Kilda Football Club, then I'd hate to see what you post when you are 'against' him.

Unlike you apparently do, I support the team, not the individuals contained in it.

You obviously know a great deal more than the Coaching dept and Football Committee.
Enough to be able to cal their decisions wrong when you have little or no idea of what is actually gonig on.

Please tell us your inside knowledge re this decision on the following areas:-

-the deliberations of the Coaching Panel on Goose
-the assesment of the Fitness staff re his rehabilitiation and his ultimate recovery
- the demands from his manager re a new contract
- the salary cap position of the Club.

Afterall, to make the call that you have you would surely need to have that information at hand, wouldn't you?

Or, is it as I and other suspect, you have just vented your hysterica rant that one of your favourites has been delisted?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The word is that the Saints are confident that they will retain Luke Ball and this is the reason Goose was delisted.

From Finey on SEN.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:The word is that the Saints are confident that they will retain Luke Ball and this is the reason Goose was delisted.

From Finey on SEN.
Geez I hope that's right.

I'd like to see how Ray Ball explains that to his daughter over the dinner table.
Sorry Darl, your brother got to atay but we sacrificed your boyfriend to do it!

ANd Paul COnnors could try explaining it to his client Goose - sorry but we needed your salary to keep Luke at St Kilda.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:The word is that the Saints are confident that they will retain Luke Ball and this is the reason Goose was delisted.

From Finey on SEN.
Very interesting, I am a bit concerned about the loyalty aspect though....was Goose wanting to stay and do we have to grease up Luke to keep him??

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I was sad to see Goose de listed, but not overly surprised, like Nathan Brown, he was never the same after that broken leg and the complications thagt followed which made it even worse than Nathan Brown's injuries.
Sad, because he was on the verge of being one of the best centre half backs in the competition.
Hope he gets a crack somewhere else and hope he playes well.
Good luck Goose, trust the future will be bright for you.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I'm however a bit more suss about his list management in terms of getting rid of guys. I put my faith in Ross all year too when he refused to play Max god knows why, and did he deliver? No. Don't get me wrong I still believe Ross Lyon will deliver us a flag, but he's made some very questionable decisions which imo were unnecessary and if we don't win a flag will look pretty stupid.
LOL..fair dinkum..some of the stuff on here makes me laugh

Getting rid of guys?? Yep, Attard, Birss and Charlie Gardiner were swatting away offers like flies, such was the esteem they were held in by the rest of the comp after we delsited them :roll: Clearly awful decisions that bit us on the bum

God might know why Max didnt play, but only cos he can listen in to coaches meetings, where they analyse hundreds of hours of research, planning and video analysis before picking a side. Not nearly as thorough as your good self though, who just grizzles "Why isnt Max playing?"and pours another beer

No he didnt deliver a flag..but hell he was as close as one can go without bringing home the bacon, and whilst thats shattering for everyone, its hardly the "completely missed the 8" failure that your tone alludes to

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

Re: Well

1eyedNever wrote:f*** the SKFC
He deserved another chance to prove himself as he got the injury doing his job playing football for the SKFC
Sue the bastards Matt for COMPO.

f*** we keep
Liegh Fisher
Raf Clarke Worst Player in the AFL plays like hes still in 14s

f*** em
On more Membership for this family
Great to see someone with courage on this website.
Mind you it's hardly surprising that anyone with differing views gets cut down! And if someone belongs to facebook they're a moron. Oh Please!
I, like respected commentators on here, like evertonfc, think goose was ultra stiff. And just because the saints cut him doesn't mean they are always right. But to many here Ross is God, ... at least for the moment.

Fisher and R Clarke are puzzling to me too. Clarke's GF was not good, and Fisher's stats suggested he should have gone.

But then I've disagreed with 'The Big Boys' here - and I'll be branded as one who doesn't go to the football - but that's simply not true

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

DownAtTheJunction wrote:
He deserved another chance to prove himself as he got the injury doing his job playing football for the SKFC

f*** we keep
Liegh Fisher

f*** em
Mind you it's hardly surprising that anyone with differing views gets cut down! And if someone belongs to facebook they're a moron. Oh Please!
I, like respected commentators on here, like evertonfc, think goose was ultra stiff. And just because the saints cut him doesn't mean they are always right. But to many here Ross is God, ... at least for the moment.

Fisher and R Clarke are puzzling to me too. Clarke's GF was not good, and Fisher's stats suggested he should have gone.

But then I've disagreed with 'The Big Boys' here - and I'll be branded as one who doesn't go to the football - but that's simply not true
So you calling one of our players the "worst player in the League" as a decent and valid argument?

You are right - Raphs GF was ordinary. So was Kosi's and so was Roo's. So do they deserve to be delisted as well?

If you remember back one week earlier Raph basically got us into the GF in the fourth qtr.

And spare me the sanctamonious "woe is me" victimisation act.

If the kitchen is too hot - get out of it. Dont cry about it like a princess :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

f*** em

Yup..courageous words indeed :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

f*** em

Yup..courageous words indeed :roll:
Your opinion doesn't count - you're one of the 'big boys' :roll:

I used to laugh at the nuffies on other fan forums and think, 'thank god we're relatively sane over at saintsational'.

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that we have just as many as the other Clubs (maybe not Carlton adn Collingwood) with some of teh nonsens (IMO) I've been reading over the past few weeks.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I am mighty upset at this....

To think potentially we could lose Ball, X Clarke and Maguire all for pick 60 is really doing my head in. Three years ago that would have been unthinkable.

I am hoping Maguire gets rookied.

And I am hoping that the confidence in retaining Ball is increasing as suggested above.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

From Finey on SEN.
I hope so.

Im interpreting that as Finey's word, rather than some random caller....???

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Whisper on BF that Cats/Hawks are keen.

Good luck to him but I doubt he was gonna get back and while his best was very good IMHO he did lack composure kicking wise going fwd (certainly good for the 60m bomb) and IF hes lost that yard of pace many regular VFL watchers say he has...........getting into our backline was gonna be tough. I actually recall the trouble he was having maintaining his spot in our best 22 BEFORE he did his leg.....hed had a lean run for some time.

Its actually in his best interests to leave and I wish him all the best and I also believe the club has done all it can for Matt.

Ofcourse if he is somehow rookied by Saints.........

Welcome back Matt...what were they thinking.....I knew you werent gouing anywhere....... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
PJ
SS Life Member

I used to laugh at the nuffies on other fan forums and think, 'thank god we're relatively sane over at saintsational'.

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that we have just as many as the other Clubs (maybe not Carlton adn Collingwood) with some of teh nonsens (IMO) I've been reading over the past few weeks.
Yes unfortunately getting a St.Kilda membership doesn't come with a brain scan to check for the correct wiring.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The word is that the Saints are confident that they will retain Luke Ball and this is the reason Goose was delisted. From Finey on SEN.
disappointed if that is the reason.

i'm hoping that the reason is that we want to do the right thing by goose and if we can't guarantee him games, we're releasing him so he can further his career.

SaintTom
Club Player

Any chances of us looking to re-pick him up in the draft? I mean I know it's unlikely, but I remember Geelong did that with someone. (Yes, my details are pretty sketchy, maybe someone that can remember can fill it in?)

I know this is highly unlikely, but I suppose I'm just in denial a bit - one of my favorite players and had high hopes after a full pre-season that he would play a big part next year.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I'd be surprised if Ball is at the club. He's gone from what I am hearing.

But who knows until the fat lady sings?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
DownAtTheJunction wrote:

f*** we keep
Liegh Fisher

f*** em

So you calling one of our players the "worst player in the League" as a decent and valid argument?

You are right - Raphs GF was ordinary. So was Kosi's and so was Roo's. So do they deserve to be delisted as well?

If you remember back one week earlier Raph basically got us into the GF in the fourth qtr.

And spare me the sanctamonious "woe is me" victimisation act.

If the kitchen is too hot - get out of it. Dont cry about it like a princess :roll: :roll:
This is the only place people like you could exist.
Unable to have a thought of your own and bully anyone who thinks differently from the mob
In a word I don't respect you, and never will until you stop your pathetic attempts at arguing.
And no, I didn't say Clarke was the worst player (that was part of another post) but he ain't great either.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Lay off Joffaboy.

He's pregnant.

With my baby.

.WORD

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:I'd be surprised if Ball is at the club. He's gone from what I am hearing.

But who knows until the fat lady sings?
Does seem odd hes still meeting Melb etc IF he was keen to stay.

As I said in another thread - Im not into begging Luke Ball to stay. IF he stays its cause its where he WANTS to be.

If not - cya later.

“Yeah….nah””
emma
Club Player

I am confused by all of this "Saints did the wrong thing" business. Didn't we offer him a new contract? Which he rejected?