russell robertson ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gosainters66
Club Player

russell robertson ?

i think he could be the medium forward that we need 2 kick goals and we would get him very cheap

SAINTS FOR EVER
Moods
Saintsational Legend

No!

Nil fwd pressure, and another key fwd surely isn't a priority for us.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

No "one trick" drama queens required.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Couldn't get a game for Melb, how can he get a game with anyone else.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
markp
Saintsational Legend

I'd rather we draft Sean Charles.

aussiejones
Club Player

WTF

Isnt he in the diving team ?

Milton66
SS Life Member

He'd be great after the game... throw him a guitar and let him start singing the club song. :shock:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
TassieJones
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Couldn't get a game for Melb, how can he get a game with anyone else.
what gave you that impression? missed the pre-season and start of the season after he did his achilles against us last year, got dropped once for disciplinary reasons e.g dal and milne last year and still managed to play 13 games for 29 goals and top the dees goal kicking.

i think we should let us train with us. if he can prove he can apply forward pressure than we should take him, we're crying out for a medium forward who can provide a target and a) demand a good defender away from roo and b) actually kick goals (in other words not gwilt or dempster)

yipper
SS Life Member

TassieJones wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Couldn't get a game for Melb, how can he get a game with anyone else.
what gave you that impression? missed the pre-season and start of the season after he did his achilles against us last year, got dropped once for disciplinary reasons e.g dal and milne last year and still managed to play 13 games for 29 goals and top the dees goal kicking.

i think we should let us train with us. if he can prove he can apply forward pressure than we should take him, we're crying out for a medium forward who can provide a target and a) demand a good defender away from roo and b) actually kick goals (in other words not gwilt or dempster)
Yeah, he can play Robbo. Would be a bit of a stewie dew type of recruiting. May or may not work, but no doubt he can take a mark and kick a goal. He should at least be able to train with us and see if he is up to the task.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

I used to think this was an ok idea, though I think that the club is keen on Heyne/Lynch maybe even Gilbert/Walsh to be that 3rd forward.

Carpe Diem
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
TassieJones wrote:

Yeah, he can play Robbo. Would be a bit of a stewie dew type of recruiting. May or may not work, but no doubt he can take a mark and kick a goal. He should at least be able to train with us and see if he is up to the task.

I hope so. Could be the difference between a top 2 finish and bottom of the top 8 finish.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
TassieJones wrote:

Didn't Stewie Dew play in a premiership team before he went to Hawthorn? Has Robbo played in many finals games? Didn't Milney kick nearly 50 goals this year? So is Robbo any better than Milne? Maybe he can sing the Saints song in tune and use his guitar. Fraser looked pretty fit at Gardy's wedding. Maybe we can get him. Seriously if we lose Goose and Ball and get Robbo......I will fully support it and be really excited like a good little Saints supporter :roll: :wink:

TassieJones
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:
yipper wrote:
TassieJones wrote:

Didn't Stewie Dew play in a premiership team before he went to Hawthorn? Has Robbo played in many finals games? Didn't Milney kick nearly 50 goals this year? So is Robbo any better than Milne? Maybe he can sing the Saints song in tune and use his guitar. Fraser looked pretty fit at Gardy's wedding. Maybe we can get him. Seriously if we lose Goose and Ball and get Robbo......I will fully support it and be really excited like a good little Saints supporter :roll: :wink:
he's played 12 finals for 21 goals, 11 of which came in his last 4 finals. doesn't play anything like milne though apart from both being goalkickers so not sure why you brought that up, very much a mid sized target ala mark williams.

i'm already spewing we've decided brett peake and a few other lucky saints are more worthy of a place on our list that goose, we could do a lot worse than robbo. having said that though, i can't see it happening much as i'd like it too,

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

TassieJones wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
yipper wrote:
TassieJones wrote:

he's played 12 finals for 21 goals, 11 of which came in his last 4 finals. doesn't play anything like milne though apart from both being goalkickers so not sure why you brought that up, very much a mid sized target ala mark williams.

i'm already spewing we've decided brett peake and a few other lucky saints are more worthy of a place on our list that goose, we could do a lot worse than robbo. having said that though, i can't see it happening much as i'd like it too,
What has peake got to do with Goose. Surely getting a pacy player had nothing to do with getting rid of a slow CHB. As fo robbo, what would he provide apart from falling over all the time.

PJ
SS Life Member

what would he provide apart from falling over all the time.
we need a good fall guy - somone to blame when we lose a game, seriously these are very important players, I mean we could be blaming him for the GF loss or even Luke Ball. I don't see many of them in the draft. Get a delisted Melbourne player they're very experienced at taking the fall, it's hard to get this kind of experience into young guys.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

If we make the Grand Final again, his only use would be to sing the national anthem before the game.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
TassieJones
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
TassieJones wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
yipper wrote:
TassieJones wrote:

What has peake got to do with Goose. Surely getting a pacy player had nothing to do with getting rid of a slow CHB. As fo robbo, what would he provide apart from falling over all the time.
peake has as much to do with goose as robertson does... the poster i was quoting seemed to imply that he would be upset if robbo was deemed more worthy of a place on our list than ball or goose so i was just making a point with regards to that.

and I think it's pretty clear what robertson would provide. if he's not a better medium forward than anyone on our list then, well you know. goals, marks, more freedom for roo and kosi and hopefully as speccy or 2 would be the positives, the odd clanger, an embarrassingly bad song on tv and a lack of defensive pressure the only negatives, of which the latter is the only one of real concern. hence let him train, if he's got a real desire (which he seems to) and won't let us down with regards to tackling i see no reason he wouldn't slot straight into our best 18.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Draft Russell Robertson...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

This has been mentioned a number of times with the same awnser every time.

NO

clear enough

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Come on people. We lost a GF by a couple of kicks. We went 20-2 during the season. There is no need for us to be so desparate.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Is this like...the worst thread eva?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....