WikiSaints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Huzzad
Club Player

WikiSaints

Hey guys, me and some blokes on SaintsCentral are setting up a Saints wiki, called WikiSaints. We'd love everyone who is able to contribute. We're just getting started, having completed most of the 2010 senior's bios, but we're going to include a crap load of info as we collect it.

I am going to try and figure out a way to incorperate a way to put stats in for each season. It is going to take some time to set up, but I think it will be a fantastic resource.

I am also going to create an entry for each round, so we can keep track of our performances, stats, summaries and media for that match, kinda like a yearbook, but just for us, with a greater coverage. We can include match info and reviews too, so it will be awesome to look back on some time in the future :)

BTW, if you want to help out, feel free to go on and start adding information, or let me know in this thread what you can do :)

you can see what we have so far here: www.wikisaints.com

I realise WOM already has a fantastic site, this is just to complement it. Also, I am aware we have some wikipedia entries already, however, the Wikipedia Lords get very particular about the amount of info you can put up, plus, they can and have deleted lesser known players, such as rookies. Having our own wiki enables us to keep that info forever, no matter how irrelevant it might seem to the Wikipedia lords. As someone who regularly contributes on Wikipedia, I have found it incredibly frustrating when it comes to lesser known players and stars. Hope you all enjoy it.
Last edited by Huzzad on Thu 28 Jan 2010 10:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nattens
Club Player

I see Clarke is still the whipping boy.

His picture being the infamous grand final tackle, surely you can find something a bit more flattering?

brewski
Club Player

Nice work guys !!

Banned by the censors
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Nattens wrote:I see Clarke is still the whipping boy.

His picture being the infamous grand final tackle, surely you can find something a bit more flattering?
At least find a wider view shot, showing Sam Fisher cruising past and looking innocently on after bringing his tagger to the ball for no good reason.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Hey nice work guys, really great initiative....and yes you''ve got that Wiki witting style :-)

May I make a couple of suggestions after a brief look?

1. Yes maybe a new pic of Raph :-)

2. You mention "last years TAC Cup" in Nick Heyne's entry. Should that perhaps be 2008?

3. Maybe a mention that Tom Lynch is/was a life-long Saints fan before being drafted by us?

4. Rhys Stanley winning the GF sprint worth a mention?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
noblejohn
Club Player

Good work guys
There seems to be a mistake under Milneys entry that states he came through Noble Park then the stingrays and he kicked 11 goals for Noble park in 1996
Given that he was born in 1980 that would have made him 16 at the time
He actually never played a game for Noble either at junior or senior level. Whilst he was at stingrays and a good mate of Ramo's he didn't have a home club listed and because Ramo was a Noble Junior and a senior listed player he elected Noble as his home club.
At the age of 16 he was either a stingrays or a Hampton Park player
Never played a game at Noble Park

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

It was a great tackle but prob not a great pic for Raph :wink:

lendog heaven
Club Player

great initiative lads :)

Tramps like us.............
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Hi, great work so far, awesome idea. I think it would be nice to have a cover page about the club then have a link to get info about the players. Also you could put in highlights for each player if you could find something like this. Also with Brendan Goddard you could include something about how he was drafted by stkilda after the incident with carltons finacial problems, which was the club he followed as a youngster

Huzzad
Club Player

Well anyone is free to change the pic. Unfortunatly, there isn't much on Google images for Raph. I thought the article was fair, it says he had a good 2009, but has mixed reactions from supporters. However, I'd be happy to clean it up if it seems unfair (or you can).

Also, you now access it via www.wikisaints.com Easy to remember!

Still updating it each day. Hopefully by Nab cup it will be a pretty good looking site! It's just a matter of adding all the info :)
Hi, great work so far, awesome idea. I think it would be nice to have a cover page about the club then have a link to get info about the players. Also you could put in highlights for each player if you could find something like this. Also with Brendan Goddard you could include something about how he was drafted by stkilda after the incident with carltons finacial problems, which was the club he followed as a youngster
Some great suggestions there. I've started out just getting the basics down, with plans to add more to everyone once there's more general history and the rookies are done. Anyone wishing to help out is free to join and add information :) so feel free to add things you wanna see. It's quite easy to use.

Huzzad
Club Player

Just did a template for a match, if you'd care to see. Should be really useful, and nostalgic to look back on over the year, and years into the future

http://www.gracesound.net/wikisaints/in ... und_1_2010

Huzzad
Club Player

Been a hell of a lot of updates since I was last here. There are now match stats for each game this year (inc NAB Cup) and individual player stats for their career, as well as the 2010 season, game by game on their individual biographies. Check it out at www.wikisaints.com

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Huzzad
Club Player

More and more and more updates done. Former player bios now started and stats from every game so far this year.

Also a nice looking match preview complete with teams, comparative statistics and media leading up to the game.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews