Rhys and Peter..interview

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Rhys and Peter..interview

Rhys Jones interview with Spider- lots of interesting information of where we have come from....

http://insidefootballonline.com/rhysjones.html

how the game has changed in 10- 15 years.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
battye
Saintsational Legend

Thanks saintbrat
RHYS: In 1999 there was a famous game at Waverley where St Kilda was miles in front of Hawthorn early then lost the game. You were criticised for giving away a couple of crucial 50-metre penalties. Did that sour your relationship with Tim Watson?
EVERITT: Yeah, it was a tough day. We were 50 points up and gave away two 50s. The relationship was stretched from there. The hardest thing was that we never won a third quarter for the rest of the year. Sides would come out after half time and think we were vulnerable. Tim would warn us at half time, then it just happened. I don’t think we ever had a great player relationship anyway. After that we had a bit of a run-in about discipline and where you are at with your footy. I might have given away one 50 but I never gave away two. I kind of toned things down after that.
Does anyone remember if this was the game that was played on a Monday?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
savatage
SS Life Member

battye wrote:Thanks saintbrat
RHYS: In 1999 there was a famous game at Waverley where St Kilda was miles in front of Hawthorn early then lost the game. You were criticised for giving away a couple of crucial 50-metre penalties. Did that sour your relationship with Tim Watson?
EVERITT: Yeah, it was a tough day. We were 50 points up and gave away two 50s. The relationship was stretched from there. The hardest thing was that we never won a third quarter for the rest of the year. Sides would come out after half time and think we were vulnerable. Tim would warn us at half time, then it just happened. I don’t think we ever had a great player relationship anyway. After that we had a bit of a run-in about discipline and where you are at with your footy. I might have given away one 50 but I never gave away two. I kind of toned things down after that.
Does anyone remember if this was the game that was played on a Monday?
Don't think it was a Monday but that was Luke Beveridge's send off game & we played brilliantly - we thought it was a sign year 2000 was going to be more enjoyable...lol

older saint
SS Life Member

Vividly. Saturday at Waverley. Mixed emotion day - when the wheels fell off Stkilda after travelling well before then. Well infront and turned off and couldn't get it back. Smashed Crawford everytime he was near someone in the first 2 quarters and collectively smashed after that.

Go the quaddie that day and it paid $2000 so was about even for the day

DJKCR
Club Player

I am pretty sure it was played on a Saturday as if I recall I was playing footy at the same time at quarter time I asked one of our runners what the score was and he told me we were up by fifty odd points. I didn't ask again thinking that we were going to romp it in, and then when I got in the car after the game I couldn't believe we got beaten. I am pretty sure Nathan Thompson played out of his skin that day. And I thought they were talking about Andrew Thompson then couldn't believe it when I heard that Hawthorn had won.

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Vividly. Saturday at Waverley. Mixed emotion day - when the wheels fell off Stkilda after travelling well before then. Well infront and turned off and couldn't get it back. Smashed Crawford everytime he was near someone in the first 2 quarters and collectively smashed after that.

Go the quaddie that day and it paid $2000 so was about even for the day
Think that was the week after we beat the Cats at Kardinia Park.

Remember being in a group of blokes on the members' wing giving it to the Hawks supporters for half a game......

....And copping heaps, and feeling very embarrassed for the other half!

savatage
SS Life Member

Oops I was referring to the game spider put the bet on.