noddy sheahan is starting to really annoy me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Yes Collingwood finished on top however they weren’t dominant like the Saints last year (a draw and a 1 point win over lowly Melbourne is evidence of this).

Reality is that finishing on top means you play a supposed inferior team in week one as compared to the team that finishes second. However it all means diddly squat while we have an uneven draw for the H & A season. A slightly different draw, or a few more games away from the MCG, or a few more 6 days breaks and who knows where the Pies would have finished.

All finishing in the Top 8 gets you is a chance to compete in the Finals; Top 4 gives you another chance if you stuff up in the first week.

Regardless, if you’re going to expect to win the GF you have to be the best team in September and, simply, beat the other teams, regardless of who they are or when you meet them.

Yeah the Pies might get done this week. But if they do then they were not the best team so the Club, the supporters and the Mike Sheahans of this world will just have to suck that up if it happens.

But the other thing is this. You need to have this discussion in the off season, not now. If the system was different and the minor premiers were given a huge advantage, who’s to say the Pies would have still finished on top? Although those outside the inner sanctums of the clubs involved will never know for sure, there’s a strong suspicion that both the Saints and the Cats, through recent GF experiences, deliberately planned their seasons with a view of not peaking too early and simply aiming to make the top 4.

But dangle a big juicy carrot and Ross & Bomber may well have done things differently and, as a result, the ladder order may have been different.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

strange call as last year is very similar (dogs were the 3rd best team).

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Well...For Collingwood to win, they have to beat Geelong, then StK or the Dogs (twice).

For Geelong to win they have to beat Collingwood, then STK or the dogs.

For St.Kilda to win, we need to beat the Dogs, then Geelong (twice) or Collingwood.

For the Bulldogs to win they have to beat us, then Geelong or Collingwood.

Whoever wins it, deserves it.

Do you really see any advantage there? I mean, we beat a full strength Geelong. Collingwood beat an injured Dogs outfit. Geelong beat an injured and cooked Freo and the Dogs limped home over the swans...

Collingwood had the easier first week in my opinion.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
missgez
Club Player

Echoing the comments of other on here it is only controversial or probably more to the point newsworthy this year because

1. It is Collingwood
2. The two so called "best teams" happen to be playing each other in the prelim because we spolied their party

I always thought that the "carrot" was to finish top 4 - or top 2 if there were interstate teams in the mix.

Speaking of which idn't the Brisbane Lions have to play a "home" final at the MCG a few years back (perhaps a semi or a prelim?) because the MCG have the right to host one game in each week of the finals (maybe this was one of the years when Port Adelaide were also in the mix?)

bigred
Saintsational Legend

So we basically come to the conclusion that Collingwood can go flog themselves and we should just focus on winning the flag while they whine about how hard it is.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
missgez
Club Player

bigred wrote:So we basically come to the conclusion that Collingwood can go flog themselves and we should just focus on winning the flag while they whine about how hard it is.
Hahaha... Here here!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:So we basically come to the conclusion that Collingwood can go flog themselves and we should just focus on winning the flag while they whine about how hard it is.
Sheahan can bleat all he likes but nothing will happen until the Pies stumble and Harry O'Kissinger takes it to the UN.

I'm reliably informed that it's agenda item 4 on his inaugural paper, "Saving the World from a Half Back Flank" :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i had one of those as a kid
damn!

ohhhh

THAT noddy

mehhh
sucked in, if we lost we'd be playing the pies and who says that would be an easier game for them huh huh??

pfffft
ill take any advantage on the road to a GF

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Here's the solution...while we are celebrating our 2010 premiership in a mind boggling frenzy,...let give three cheers to collingwood...hip hip..... 8-)

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

bozza1980 wrote:
Badlands wrote:Whatever your thoughts on the current AFL finals system... spare a thought for the poor buggers who have to cop the NRL's outrageously unjust system.

This Friday night - the 2nd week of the finals, the 3rd placed Wests Tigers, will travel here to Canberra to meet the 7th placed Raiders, who only snuck into the 8 with a win in the final week of the competition.

Raiders won in the first week of the finals, and Tigers lost, obviously. But home ground advantage goes to the winner, it is not based on ladder positions. Doesn't matter if you finish top 4, lose your first final and you forfeit any advantage gained over 26 rounds of competition.
The NRL's system used to be the AFL's system from 1994-1999.

I don't mind it, it heavily rewards the top 2 teams if they win but punishes everyone if you lose.

The Wests Tigers had they won last week would have qualified for a home prelim, because they lost they stay alive but only just.

Canberra in week 1 played away against the 2nd best side of the season, had they lost they were out, because they won they stay alive and host a final.

In my mind this is fair and not a flaw. If you want a flaw it shows itself when teams 1 - 4 win in the first week, effectively two finals in the first week were played for no reason week 1 3 would have played 6 and 4 V 5 and in week 2, it would be 3 v 5 and 4 v 6.
I loath the NRL format for two reasons.

One, depending on results of week one, fifth or sixth can lose their first final and still get a second chance. WTF?

Secondly, also depending on results of week one, third or fourth can lose their first final and NOT get a second chance. It's rare, but it has happened.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Nothing like a journo lodging their lips onto the new darling sides ass. Sheehan had to clean the red black and brown smear off his face when the dons started to fade he has now envisaged the down fall of the cats and is preparing himself for a pies led future.

Let them keep him we would rather the syphilitic old anal wart attaches himself at the lexus centre.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Ok, lets do some hypotheticals here: just say Mooney tackled Jimmy legally and the goal stood. barring us getting a quick clearance with the minute left, we lose by 2 points.

So we had no injuries and in the game v freo, bakes could come back in. We would smash Freo - maybe not by 69 points but a lot - could rest players in the last, etc.

So we'd be playing the Pies this Friday night. Any less easier for them? Of course not (thought the d**khead media would hint at it).
We would be fired up by the narrow loss to the Cats, and the hunger for redemption from the GF would be strong. The pies and their fans would be no less nervous about playing Geelong.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: noddy sheahan is starting to really annoy me

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:the pr!ck started off tonight on otc...whinging that it was unfair that the filth....the minor premiers had landed in the tougher of the two preliminary finals......the moron asked"how could that be"....they were the best team all year...now found themselves match with the second seed...one of which was going to miss out on the grannie......you goose mike...you absolute goose........them's the rules....everyone else accepts that...that's how it's been for years you idiot.....if they are good enough..they will get to the grand final......

in any event.....7 day breaks over 6 day breaks after travelling interstate.....and an 8 day break over a 7 day break...if they are good enough to beat the cats is a f****** advantage you dropkick..... :roll: :roll: :evil:

Have you taken your medication tonight? Just calm down and take a couple of deep breaths.
no deep breaths! go nuts stinger. starting to annoy you? hes been annoying me for a long time. its been like this for ages. man i hate the guy. geelong lost therfore lost their second seed. THATS how it happened.
and beside the obvious. Whats his problem? pies play dogs again so he can have his "preferred " grand final. OK mike. lets just organise the comp around what u "like". nothing worse than a footy scribe who actually thinkks they are a real journo and a little bit smart when clearly hes in the lower 10% percentile for intelligence on any score. the guy is so annoying. wearing glasses doesnt make u clever mike. nor does writing terrible footy articles about ur man crushes. luckily i dont have fox. but i imagine he also goes on about james hird a lot? he clearly wants to have sex with "hirdy".
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 15 Sep 2010 1:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Collingwood media personalities and supporters bi***ing about this is simply because should they win the grand finale they can all sit back and say how they are miles ahead of the competition.. they won even given the tougher draw in the finales.. blah blah blah

vomit.. i can see it now.

Please higher power.. let us destroy them.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
saint3d
Club Player

dals_da_bomb wrote:Please higher power.. let us destroy them.
You can refer to him as Nick or Roo.

StSteven
Club Player

saint3d wrote:
Let the Cats do it this weekend. More heartbreaking for them

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saint3d wrote:
Or Lenny or BJ......plenty to choose from..... :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:the pr!ck started off tonight on otc...whinging that it was unfair that the filth....the minor premiers had landed in the tougher of the two preliminary finals......the moron asked"how could that be"....they were the best team all year...now found themselves match with the second seed...one of which was going to miss out on the grannie......you goose mike...you absolute goose........them's the rules....everyone else accepts that...that's how it's been for years you idiot.....if they are good enough..they will get to the grand final......

in any event.....7 day breaks over 6 day breaks after travelling interstate.....and an 8 day break over a 7 day break...if they are good enough to beat the cats is a f****** advantage you dropkick..... :roll: :roll: :evil:

Have you taken your medication tonight? Just calm down and take a couple of deep breaths.
no deep breaths! go nuts stinger. starting to annoy you? hes been annoying me for a long time. its been like this for ages. man i hate the guy. geelong lost therfore lost their second seed. THATS how it happened.
and beside the obvious. Whats his problem? pies play dogs again so he can have his "preferred " grand final. OK mike. lets just organise the comp around what u "like". nothing worse than a footy scribe who actually thinkks they are a real journo and a little bit smart when clearly hes in the lower 10% percentile for intelligence on any score. the guy is so annoying. wearing glasses doesnt make u clever mike. nor does writing terrible footy articles about ur man crushes. luckily i dont have fox. but i imagine he also goes on about james hird a lot? he clearly wants to have sex with "hirdy".
Why does he annoy you? I actually agree with a lot of what he says. On this occasion I think he's talking nonsense, but who cares? He's paid to express his opinion. Sadly his opinion is supportered by many in the community - not just pies supporters. The good thing about expressing this opinion though, is that it puts it out there to be debated. Hopefully the neutrals within the footy community see this argument for what it is. Mike has never had a problem with ppl disagreeing with him. And what's with the childish 'sex with Hirdy' comment? Hard to build credibility with your argument denouncing Sheahan as a dunce when you conclude your own argument in such fashion.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Why does he annoy you? I actually agree with a lot of what he says. On this occasion I think he's talking nonsense, but who cares? He's paid to express his opinion. Sadly his opinion is supportered by many in the community - not just pies supporters. The good thing about expressing this opinion though, is that it puts it out there to be debated. Hopefully the neutrals within the footy community see this argument for what it is. Mike has never had a problem with ppl disagreeing with him. And what's with the childish 'sex with Hirdy' comment? Hard to build credibility with your argument denouncing Sheahan as a dunce when you conclude your own argument in such fashion.
im on a footy forum. of course its childish. hes a knob. agree with him all day. dont make me go back over archives to prove my point. so ill say it again. he wants to have sex with hirdy. see i did it again! :-)

Saints94
SS Life Member

Does anyone actually know what team he supports?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:Does anyone actually know what team he supports?
Demons I think.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Well it obviously the Pies. He loves them. Well everyone on here thinks he does.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Does it matter? Rohan Connolly supports the bombers, but I haven't read too many complimentry articles written by him about them lately. He is written some great articles on the saints though. Caroline Wilson supports the tiges, and she is harder on them than most other clubs. All footy journos have a club they support, that's why they write about footy - b/c they love the sport. If they were too blatently biased the demand for their writing would be so little they would be pushed out.

Sheahans article may well be an attempt to appease the thousands of pies fans, but I'm not sure if he did that on a consistent basis that the other 87% of footy fans would tolerate it.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Well it obviously the Pies. He loves them. Well everyone on here thinks he does.
He sure spends plenty of time with ed down at Sorrento. Wonder what they talk about?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
He sure spends plenty of time with ed down at Sorrento. Wonder what they talk about?
He actually is a very keen Demons supporter.