The Curtain Raiser on The Footy Show

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

The Curtain Raiser on The Footy Show

Got on at 11.06 p.m.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

then half of them didn't give a selection anyway... :?

Praise for nick though....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Spoke about the game for less than two minutes.

Not the sort of attention ANY prelim should get, where's the hype??

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

pure trash.

“Yeah….nah””
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Got a couple of mins on SEN tonight also,the rest of the hour was taken up by tommorrow nights Grand Final

Let's face it,we've been lucky this year. Charmed run from umpires,no key injuries, lucky at the tribunal,only a couple of players walking/being arrested at last years end,old story's from 6 years being dragged up in the media,players being falsly accused of impregnating a schoolgirl when other clubs have been through her also.

A gifted season,why should we get any respect

Bring back the Lockett era
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Got a couple of mins on SEN tonight also,the rest of the hour was taken up by tommorrow nights Grand Final

Let's face it,we've been lucky this year. Charmed run from umpires,no key injuries, lucky at the tribunal,only a couple of players walking/being arrested at last years end,old story's from 6 years being dragged up in the media,players being falsly accused of impregnating a schoolgirl when other clubs have been through her also.

You made a better point than I could have Jonesy.

Agree 100%

Will just make the success taste that much sweeter!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I only tuned into the Footy Show to watch Shane finish his walk, and very well done of him.

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I only tuned into the Footy Show to watch Shane finish his walk, and very well done of him.
He has done something not a lot of others could, I think he learnt a he'll of a lot on the journey too.

Champion effort!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Got a couple of mins on SEN tonight also,the rest of the hour was taken up by tommorrow nights Grand Final

Don't forget us providing the shock omission from the all-Australian team

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint3d
Club Player

AccidentallyTim wrote:Spoke about the game for less than two minutes.
For serious?

Griggsy
SS Life Member

They had to rush because the Stynes interview and Crawford finishing his walk and talking about it went overtime. Stynes was an inspiration and Crawf was very emotional, was wonderful to watch and I now have extreme respect for Shane. He can be a clown at times but he certainly has his moments. Thought it was actually all very well done and was for a good cause.

IMO I would rather have watched that then watch them talk about the prelim. The prelim pales in comparison to what people with cancer go through.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Maybe there were a couple of more important things on that couldnt be moved. Who would care anyway. I can see it now. Say how bad the show is and say they dont watch it but of course they do.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:They had to rush because the Stynes interview and Crawford finishing his walk and talking about it went overtime. Stynes was an inspiration and Crawf was very emotional, was wonderful to watch and I now have extreme respect for Shane. He can be a clown at times but he certainly has his moments. Thought it was actually all very well done and was for a good cause.

IMO I would rather have watched that then watch them talk about the prelim. The prelim pales in comparison to what people with cancer go through.
I agree. One on the best Footy Shows ever IMO...

Also remember it has never been a show that really discusses the actual games.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Getting down to the pointy end is when I start watching anything footy related and must say I was waiting for a game preview, but compared with the last couple of years Footy shows it was ok. Jim Stynes is a class act and good luck to the bloke. Craw did something worthwhile and it all seemed a touchy feely sort of a show, but I still wanted me tips man.

The good thing is the more they hype tonight the more they lose focus a week later. Dimitriou is spruiking the pies to win, loading up the pressure a little more. Old greasy chops wants a little bit more in the coffers and will say anything to look like a closet pies fan while they're up and about.

bozza1980
Club Player

Griggsy wrote:They had to rush because the Stynes interview and Crawford finishing his walk and talking about it went overtime. Stynes was an inspiration and Crawf was very emotional, was wonderful to watch and I now have extreme respect for Shane. He can be a clown at times but he certainly has his moments. Thought it was actually all very well done and was for a good cause.

Ofcourse football pales in comparison to the plight of those with cancer.

However the show is called The Footy Show.

It is the penultimate weekend of the season, there is only one more important game than the two being played this week.

There are many things in this world that are more serious than football however, and I apologise for my odd thought process here, it isn't too much to expect that on a football program that might actually spend some time to one the 3 most important football games of the season.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:

But the emphasis is on SHOW..

It is an entertainment show on a footy theme....and was never a serious program on football analysis...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Was quite amazing viewing really. To see how it had humbled Shane was quite emotional viewing. He said it was life changing and I honestly believe it has been for him.

He did a really great thing.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 nailed it.

While there are many tragedies happening all around us, TFS dedicated less than two minutes to our game.

I hear all the calls about the Stynes and Crawf interviews and I applaud them both, but there was certainly a substantial amount of time allocated to the main game, the flag game, the decider of the greatest team of all time etc etc.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:bozza1980 nailed it.

While there are many tragedies happening all around us, TFS dedicated less than two minutes to our game.

I hear all the calls about the Stynes and Crawf interviews and I applaud them both, but there was certainly a substantial amount of time allocated to the main game, the flag game, the decider of the greatest team of all time etc etc.
Probably spent 4 minutes on the Geelong game and 3 on ours but luckily spent 45 minutes on 2 of the best interviews the show has ever done.

bozza1980
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:

But the emphasis is on SHOW..

It is an entertainment show on a footy theme....and was never a serious program on football analysis...
Maybe I'm just being touchy.

Can it be Saturday night already??

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.