Teams

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ross has managed to name a team and emergencies, that gives Mick absolutely no idea.

Credit due.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Unforgiven wrote:Blake as second ruck, just to follow Brown everywhere?
VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY possible!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i am farking gobsmacked

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

On a couple of the previews earlier in the week someone said it was always a luxury (and a mistake) to go into a grand final with a second ruckman. Might have been Sheedy.

Interesting. But in a slog you'd want Bakes. Blakey might help out down back, and Kosi up forward.

Go Bakes!!!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually them picking Presti what's his name is a win for us.
Hasn't played for weeks and will be run ragged by Roo.
Roo has a good record against this mob.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
spyglass
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
spyglass wrote:
Sobraz wrote:We are no hope without BigMac...

No word on an injury??...

Is he an emergency??...

This is very strange...
yes McEvoy is named on the bench along with Stanley and Geary
Named as an emergency, not on the bench
thanks...knew that!! now corrected

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Ross has managed to name a team and emergencies, that gives Mick absolutely no idea.

Credit due.
Indeed.

But if McEvoy dips out, well I'm devastated for him

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Actually them picking Presti what's his name is a win for us.
No way he will play on Roo. He is a great match up for Kosi.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY possible!
I was just thinking this before i logged on
Also Kos can ruck
Also Stanley being spruked up to run in the sprint yet named reserve.

More tricks from the boss yet i reckon

GO SAINTERS!!!

saint64
Club Player

Thrilled that baker is in, but gobsmacked that Big Mac is out. :o

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
SainterK wrote:Ross has managed to name a team and emergencies, that gives Mick absolutely no idea.

Credit due.
Indeed.

But if McEvoy dips out, well I'm devastated for him
Me too.

If.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Gwilt will play at half back, Blake will ruck against Brown. They will try and use blakes motor and run Brown off his feet. If McEvoy had played we may have won the tap outs but he would have been badly exposed once the ball hit the turf. Brown has played like a midfielder. If Brown does go forward, Blake will just go with him

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Im seriously tipping Blake to be the back up Ruckman and not Kosi. They will be happy going Gards v Jolly, and Blake v Brown, with Kosi staying put.

If Kosi goes into ruck and leaves Nick alone, Nick will be double teamed by Reid/Maxwell and Presti.

Think about it.... the last few weeks Blake had started on the bench, purely because there isn't a match up for him in the backline.

Carpe Diem
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Actually them picking Presti what's his name is a win for us.
No way he will play on Roo. He is a great match up for Kosi.
And Kosi wins.

Surely Baker in for the extra mid rotation?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

J Blake on L Brown huh, he is certainly up to it, of that I am sure.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:Im seriously tipping Blake to be the back up Ruckman and not Kosi. They will be happy going Gards v Jolly, and Blake v Brown, with Kosi staying put.

If Kosi goes into ruck and leaves Nick alone, Nick will be double teamed by Reid/Maxwell and Presti.

Think about it.... the last few weeks Blake had started on the bench, purely because there isn't a match up for him in the backline.
Really like your thinking there mate.

Kudos.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:Im seriously tipping Blake to be the back up Ruckman and not Kosi. They will be happy going Gards v Jolly, and Blake v Brown, with Kosi staying put.

Let's not forget that they have also been building up Gardiners fitness in recent months, he is peaking right now, and should be able to run with Jolly.

Wow, just can't believe it.

Ben being the hard luck story would be awful though :(

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Mmmm

PJ
SS Life Member

Surely Baker in for the extra mid rotation?
And insurance againt Neon

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
westy
Club Player

Could Ross be playing funny buggers?

I'm livin' in a madhouse
chook23
Saintsational Legend

At this stage 2 years in a row for big Mac

although green last year...

saint4life
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I think no funny buggers. As I see it at the moment he's just looked at the match ups and gone we need an extra small and we'll match your part time ruckman with a more athletic part timer of our own.

But GF team selections do have a way of changing...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

Really like your thinking there mate.

Kudos.
hmmmm
i can smell a repeat of that game against the hawkers at the dome with blakeys burst in the ruck

thatd be good :)

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Our 2 genuine ruckman is/was a major point of difference in combating the Pies that the Cats and Dogs both do NOT have...

BigMac has taken huge steps the past 2 months, and his contested marking, reading of the play, and quick thinking has been improving by the week, and begining to really become a weapon...

Disgusted if the team remains as selected... With or without Bakes, this unbalances our whole structure...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Our 2 genuine ruckman is/was a major point of difference in combating the Pies that the Cats and Dogs both do NOT have...

BigMac has taken huge steps the past 2 months, and his contested marking, reading of the play, and quick thinking has been improving by the week, and begining to really become a weapon...

Disgusted if the team remains as selected... With or without Bakes, this unbalances our whole structure...
To be fair, we didn't win last time against them though, our structure didn't hold up.

Geelong stuck to theirs after losing to the Pies in Rd 19, and we all know what happened.

I am sad for whoever misses, but I want the selected side to be Collingwood specific.