Max King and Round 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Max King and Round 1

Howard, Wilkie, Carlisle, Battle and Robbo can’t all play in the same team.

Especially if Ryder, Marshall, King and Membrey have the forward line locked down.

Battle and Wilkie did great last year, and Robbo was great before his injury. Carlisle is a class above them all, and has to play if fit.

So it’s a tough one, Howard and Brown might have to wait for injuries. Or if King doesn’t play then Battle can move forward.

My bet is injuries will start playing a part soon and those who are fit will pick themselves.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 6:39pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 12:32pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 2:03pm
No Howard misses out as we will be too tall otherwise. Remember I have Jake, Josh and Wilkie in. Another tall makes us too tall and those three have earnt their spot for R1. If Ben Brown doesn't play then we definitely won't be going too tall.

I have Ryder and Marshall rotating in the FWD line. Kent doesn't get a game for R1. He's got a battle on his hands to get in the side.

Fagan has the same problem at the lions, got new recruits but they can't all fit in the side. Howard will get his opportunity.
After the Marsh 2 game does Howard still miss your round 1 team?

For mine Howard was clearly the best tall defender on the ground and his kicking was extremely good.
I loved that play where he won the free then kicked to Hannebery, to Membrey to Lonie along the boundary for goal.

Howard showed the pace to go with De Goey on the lead and made lots of contests with a big spoil.

I think the club would be quietly excited after Marsh round 2 about Howard and how he enters the season.
So my logic is Carslise, Battle and Wilkie are in front of him, yes Dougal played better in the 2nd game but someone has to miss out.

Having said that I'll be on his bandwagon if he gets picked so don't for one minute think I don't want him in the team, it's just someone has to miss out as we can't go too tall.

You do realise you'll still be able to wear your badge to the game if he doesn't get picked.
How about we have a discussion and you drop the silly personal comments?

I don’t think Howard competes for a spot with Wilke and it’s clear from the preseason the club is looking to use Battle up the ground.

Battle, Wilkie & Robbo are probably sub KP size at a guess 190 - 193cm suited to a 3rd tall where Carslile and Howard are tall KPP at around 200cm.

Battle is the one currently looking a little shaky in his new role.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 11:23pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 6:39pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 11 Mar 2020 12:32pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 2:03pm
No Howard misses out as we will be too tall otherwise. Remember I have Jake, Josh and Wilkie in. Another tall makes us too tall and those three have earnt their spot for R1. If Ben Brown doesn't play then we definitely won't be going too tall.

I have Ryder and Marshall rotating in the FWD line. Kent doesn't get a game for R1. He's got a battle on his hands to get in the side.

Fagan has the same problem at the lions, got new recruits but they can't all fit in the side. Howard will get his opportunity.
After the Marsh 2 game does Howard still miss your round 1 team?

For mine Howard was clearly the best tall defender on the ground and his kicking was extremely good.
I loved that play where he won the free then kicked to Hannebery, to Membrey to Lonie along the boundary for goal.

Howard showed the pace to go with De Goey on the lead and made lots of contests with a big spoil.

I think the club would be quietly excited after Marsh round 2 about Howard and how he enters the season.
So my logic is Carslise, Battle and Wilkie are in front of him, yes Dougal played better in the 2nd game but someone has to miss out.

Having said that I'll be on his bandwagon if he gets picked so don't for one minute think I don't want him in the team, it's just someone has to miss out as we can't go too tall.

You do realise you'll still be able to wear your badge to the game if he doesn't get picked.
How about we have a discussion and you drop the silly personal comments?

I don’t think Howard competes for a spot with Wilke and it’s clear from the preseason the club is looking to use Battle up the ground.

Battle, Wilkie & Robbo are probably sub KP size at a guess 190 - 193cm suited to a 3rd tall where Carslile and Howard are tall KPP at around 200cm.

Battle is the one currently looking a little shaky in his new role.
I know you are not one for ever making silly little comments as I've never ever seen you participate in such silly behaviour ever so I will respectfully comply with your wishes not to make silly comments. From here on in when chatting with you I will be as serious as a heart attack.

Ok back on non silly discussion: I would like to think BR has a plan B with Battle, because clearly he is never going to be a permanent fixture in the forward line based on the list profile and so although he is currently part of a midfield experiment I'd hazard a guess to say he will start in the backline on set plays. I'd say his use in the middle could be mostly a kick away from stoppages in the backline to help get over zones and a forward press.