Changes v Swans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes v Swans

Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 9:27am
CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 8:55am
Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 7:58am I predicted soft tissue injuries would be a significant issue and it sounds like the club is bracing itself for major carnage over the next month. I just hope we don't get any ripped from the bone to the point it effects our pre season and chances next year. It might be time to bring a heap of Sandy players into the team.
Agreed on your predictions, this month we are due for ripping of tendons, tanking, closure of the season entirely, bankruptcy, the second coming of Jesus, a Zombie Apocalypse and Armageddon. Brace yourself.
There is ABSOLUTELY no way there can be a second coming of Jesus as we haven't seen the first coming of Jesus. But the rest of what you say is definitely going to happen this month.
I'm just going off what I heard at training from another in the know. Don't shoot the messiah, err......messenger.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 9:37am
Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 7:58am I predicted soft tissue injuries would be a significant issue and it sounds like the club is bracing itself for major carnage over the next month. I just hope we don't get any ripped from the bone to the point it effects our pre season and chances next year. It might be time to bring a heap of Sandy players into the team.
Agreed on your predictions, this month we are due for ripping of tendons, tanking, closure of the season entirely, bankruptcy, the second coming of Jesus, a Zombie Apocalypse and Armageddon. Brace yourself.
There is ABSOLUTELY no way there can be a second coming of Jesus as we haven't seen the first coming of Jesus. But the rest of what you say is definitely going to happen this month.
I'm just going off what I heard at training from another in the know. Don't shoot the messiah, err......messenger.
You been chatting to SaintMatt again?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 9:39am
Never met the bloke. It was a cab driver. He had a hot tip on Jesus, the Victorian Zombie exodus and Armageddon.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

:lol:

How are those TV ratings going? :D

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 9:44am
Never met the bloke. It was a cab driver. He had a hot tip on Jesus, the Victorian Zombie exodus and Armageddon.
It sounds like your taxi driver was Jesus

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 9:56am
CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 9:44am
It sounds like your taxi driver was Jesus
Couldn't have been. I met Jesus walking down Chapel St. in the 1980's. Looked nothing like him.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 7:53am
I hope the changes are not too drastic as we need to actually win games to stay in the final eight. The Saints are still to develop the killer instinct as we saw against North and Freo who we should have put away, and we can't drift too far from putting our best team on the field in any game.

My guess is that will start to rotate some players each game.

Like you I hope that it is not a large number against the GC as I view that as our most winnable game in the batch of 3 after the Swans.

GC
Cats
Dons

It is a balancing act.

You would not want the situation of us losing to GC with a weak team fielded, and then to Cats and Dons with stronger teams fielded.

On the other hand get the mix right then we can hopefully win against both Swans and Suns with an improved chance of also snagging one of both wins against Cats and Dons.

After the Swans game we will be on a compressed 5 day average spread for a while except at that some period we will get a bye , and so get a 10 day break.

Two advantages in cycling players through is that we keep our depth motivated, and get games into some of the younger players. We might even find that someone like Bytel is up to it.

Some players like Robbo could come in without any performance drop off. ie Robbo to rest Coffield.

Resting say Steele though will cause a significant problem for that particular game.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Also:

Most of our opponents will also be most likely be rotating players too.

Our PRO is that we have few injuries and so have more players we can rotate through, and more like for like so that we will not have to effect our structure as much.

Our CON is that we have less top end players and so when rested this will be a bigger issue for us. (ie Steele in particular)

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 9:05am
the second coming of Jesus,
i’m already here ... tick that one off the list
Father am I worthy?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

yes my Son

way worthy

but i’ve never driven a cab
in 81 i was still in tassy
and i’m very private about my comings

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.