I’m done

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: I’m done

yes it will be

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 4:38pm All you f****** deserved. I would say more but you are simply not worth being banned over.
Let’s face it you’d say more but probably can’t spell it so stick to emojis Den it’s your thing!!! :lol: :lol: 8-) :? :shock: :o :cry: :oops: :mrgreen:

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

🤮🤏🤏🖕🖕

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 7:39pm 🤮🤏🤏🖕🖕
No risk of a spelling error in that ...I can just imagine your clients face when they received legal docs full of emojis.... :lol: :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

After starting this post I must admit I have kept an eye on the scores but watched no saints footy. I did however buy a Storm membership and went to the game on Friday. I’ve always loved the storm and been to a couple of the grand final wins over the years. They give 100% every time. Great value for money.

George27
Club Player

Goose is king wrote: Sun 18 Apr 2021 5:41pm After starting this post I must admit I have kept an eye on the scores but watched no saints footy. I did however buy a Storm membership and went to the game on Friday. I’ve always loved the storm and been to a couple of the grand final wins over the years. They give 100% every time. Great value for money.
As a Saints supporter the Storm have been very cathartic . For more than a dozen years when the kids were growing up we were members of both clubs, and got to plenty of Storm games ( direct clashes between the Storm and Saints in Melbourne were surprisingly rare ) and even some premierships . As GIK says, they always give 100%, and have a superb winning record . The game itself is not a patch on Aussie Rules , but it is still great entertainment.

Ironically, being a Saints supporter helped me deal with the NRL stripping the Storm of 2 premierships. Taught by the Saints always to be the pessimist , I thought those wins were too good to be true . I still remain fearful the AFL will find a problem with the Doc’s transfer from Tassie and strip the Saints of the 66 flag.

Seriously, if you are struggling with the whole Saints thing, and could not possibly support another AFL team( I certainly could not ) , head down to AAMI Park and watch a Storm game.

Another option is local footy. I went to 2 local games this weekend and they were both fantastic.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote: Sun 18 Apr 2021 5:41pm After starting this post I must admit I have kept an eye on the scores but watched no saints footy. I did however buy a Storm membership and went to the game on Friday. I’ve always loved the storm and been to a couple of the grand final wins over the years. They give 100% every time. Great value for money.
That's a fair distance you've thrown the toys outa the cot. Did you ever consider sticking to AFL and just picking a team that wins flags and 100% effort every time and great value for money.

It's interesting that you've had to give the actual game of AFL away.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

George27 wrote: Sun 18 Apr 2021 7:17pm
As a Saints supporter the Storm have been very cathartic . For more than a dozen years when the kids were growing up we were members of both clubs, and got to plenty of Storm games ( direct clashes between the Storm and Saints in Melbourne were surprisingly rare ) and even some premierships . As GIK says, they always give 100%, and have a superb winning record . The game itself is not a patch on Aussie Rules , but it is still great entertainment.

Ironically, being a Saints supporter helped me deal with the NRL stripping the Storm of 2 premierships. Taught by the Saints always to be the pessimist , I thought those wins were too good to be true . I still remain fearful the AFL will find a problem with the Doc’s transfer from Tassie and strip the Saints of the 66 flag.

Seriously, if you are struggling with the whole Saints thing, and could not possibly support another AFL team( I certainly could not ) , head down to AAMI Park and watch a Storm game.

Another option is local footy. I went to 2 local games this weekend and they were both fantastic.
Yep am struggling with “the whole Saints thing”, but I couldn’t for a moment contemplate rugby as a substitute. Rugby League to me is unfathomably boring. I know people who think it’s wonderful, but they grew up with it. To me it’s a bunch of meat headed bogans repetitively smashing into one another then deliberately kicking the ball out of bounds. They’re the highlights.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Yep can’t stand rugby just dull

“Yeah….nah””
MickThomas
Club Player

St Byron says rugby is 2 groups of meat-heads smashing into each other.
I couldn't agree more :lol:

I've watched a few games, just bits of games, and cannot fathom what folks see in this insanity.
Makes no sense at all to me.
But folks have grown up on this so they understand it.
There's a lot of strength on display, fitness, but it makes zero sense

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

If rugby is the game they play in heaven, give me what they play in hell.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 19 Apr 2021 10:46am If rugby is the game they play in heaven, give me what they play in hell.
f*** only knows. Maybe replays of Saints grand-final defeats.

For the record I hate f****** rugby, and storm don't play rugby, they play league, a different game. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

NFL, league, union, soccer, I'll watch them all depending on the game. Union is probably the hardest to get in to as the rules seem complicated and the game looks scrappy.

Though I find it childish those who don't even give something a go or just right it off purely because it's not the 'Victorian' game, and somehow AFL is superior because it's the one they grew up with.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 19 Apr 2021 11:20am NFL, league, union, soccer, I'll watch them all depending on the game. Union is probably the hardest to get in to as the rules seem complicated and the game looks scrappy.

Though I find it childish those who don't even give something a go or just right it off purely because it's not the 'Victorian' game, and somehow AFL is superior because it's the one they grew up with.
What utter garbage but par for the course for you.

I have played Aussie rules, union and soccer. Love Aussie rules but can't stand union. A f****** useless boring and very dangerous game.

Soccer? Well the less said the better.

I actually supported the Raiders and went to games, until the super league came into being and f***ed it all up.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote=Vortex post_id=1897217 time=1618778842 user_id=23596]
[quote="Goose is king" post_id=1897191 time=1618728109 user_id=17709]
After starting this post I must admit I have kept an eye on the scores but watched no saints footy. I did however buy a Storm membership and went to the game on Friday. I’ve always loved the storm and been to a couple of the grand final wins over the years. They give 100% every time. Great value for money.
[/quote]

That's a fair distance you've thrown the toys outa the cot. Did you ever consider sticking to AFL and just picking a team that wins flags and 100% effort every time and great value for money.

It's interesting that you've had to give the actual game of AFL away.
[/quote]

Haven’t thrown the toys outa the cot I’ve passed them majestically out of dummy half. Instead of having a passing interest in Storm and immersing myself in the Saints I’m doing it the other way around.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

no i'm happy rugby is the game in heaven - can watch the allblacks smash the wallabies rather than everyone smash the saints, for the rest of eternity. god damn it!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

ps. rugby is my favourite footy code to watch at international level. anyone who missed the last world cup missed out on a fantastic tournament with great footy. love the way different nations play the game. it's the closest sport to a battle, with all the different pieces playing very different roles. rather cleverly the japanese put out an animal coded sheet to help new fans learn the positions and the roles they play.

oh, and league is a really crap twenty-twenty type version of the game - a product made for simple minds and making money.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=102099

I've struggled accepting these losses.

But there was always a chance we were going to struggle early on.

Man we have seen and lived through worse.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 12:08am viewtopic.php?f=1&t=102099

So true. Certainly shows how important quality rucks are, especially to our structure & our mids.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Mon 19 Apr 2021 7:32pm no i'm happy rugby is the game in heaven - can watch the allblacks smash the wallabies rather than everyone smash the saints, for the rest of eternity. god damn it!
If you live in this country you should be supporting the Aussie team , not a bunch of f****** foreigners FFS.

Just my opinion. :wink:

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 11:02am
desertsaint wrote: Mon 19 Apr 2021 7:32pm no i'm happy rugby is the game in heaven - can watch the allblacks smash the wallabies rather than everyone smash the saints, for the rest of eternity. god damn it!
If you live in this country you should be supporting the Aussie team , not a bunch of f****** foreigners FFS.

I can admit, as a kid growing through my teens, Australia's cricket team was the diametrical opposite of St Kilda. From 1975 we won absolutely everything. Then Packer came and Australia was weak but Australia's prestige was undiminished because everyone knew the situation. I sometimes secretly barracked for the minnow teams against us. At the team, minnow meant just about everyone bar the West Indies.

When Australia got really, really good, from the 90s and the West Indies were flagging, their last greats trying their hearts out, I sort of hoped they'd beat us. Our arrogance was something I couldn't relate to as a St Kilda supporter. Finally, after seeing the poms carry on after 2005, I was back on board...mostly, but when I seea team like Pakistan * who almost deliberately lose it would seem, I sometimes hope they'll win the odd one.

Seriously suspect and lost that test game in Sydney a few years back, they should have won.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 11:09am

I can admit, as a kid growing through my teens, Australia's cricket team was the diametrical opposite of St Kilda. From 1975 we won absolutely everything. Then Packer came and Australia was weak but Australia's prestige was undiminished because everyone knew the situation. I sometimes secretly barracked for the minnow teams against us. At the team, minnow meant just about everyone bar the West Indies.

When Australia got really, really good, from the 90s and the West Indies were flagging, their last greats trying their hearts out, I sort of hoped they'd beat us. Our arrogance was something I couldn't relate to as a St Kilda supporter. Finally, after seeing the poms carry on after 2005, I was back on board...mostly, but when I seea team like Pakistan * who almost deliberately lose it would seem, I sometimes hope they'll win the odd one.

Seriously suspect and lost that test game in Sydney a few years back, they should have won.
Corruption.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

I do. Them losing to the allblacks just aint as painful as the saints getting smashed by all and sundry.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

bigred wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 12:08am viewtopic.php?f=1&t=102099

This so true. Especially the struggle part. We've had a very difficult FIXture apart from Essendon and given our entire gameplan (for better or worse) is constructed around 2 quality rucks playing together - one rucking / the other resting forward - I think it's somewhat of a miracle we're still 2-3. Yes, every team has injuries/absences but I'd argue no two players are important to their team than Ryder and Marshall.

Go you red, black & white warriors
bigred
Saintsational Legend

The way we have lost however, is something completely different.

The Essendon, Richmond and really the Melbourne losses were completely bereft of effort.

Not good enough.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....