The Review .

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: The Review .

Quite true, when fellow supporters on this forum have a crack at me about the views I express on matters St Kilda, on-field as well as off, I don't take it personally or consider it slanderous, the heat of debate leaves me cold. Statistically I might be old but don't feel it and consider myself very lucky that, like Albert Facey, I've had a "fortunate life" - following the Saints has been a big part of that journey. Top of my bucket list is celebrating a 2nd premiership and I remain extremely confident that I'll live long enough to see that happen! Second on the list is scoring and ace on the 2nd, 11th or 16th par 3 holes at St Lucia Golf Links - got within 10cm last week but it may as well have been 10 metres....

Anyway, feel free to criticise me if you regard stuff I post as "nonsensical", it doesn't bother me :D

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
loris
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 11:26am Quite true, when fellow supporters on this forum have a crack at me about the views I express on matters St Kilda, on-field as well as off, I don't take it personally or consider it slanderous, the heat of debate leaves me cold. Statistically I might be old but don't feel it and consider myself very lucky that, like Albert Facey, I've had a "fortunate life" - following the Saints has been a big part of that journey. Top of my bucket list is celebrating a 2nd premiership and I remain extremely confident that I'll live long enough to see that happen! Second on the list is scoring and ace on the 2nd, 11th or 16th par 3 holes at St Lucia Golf Links - got within 10cm last week but it may as well have been 10 metres....

Anyway, feel free to criticise me if you regard stuff I post as "nonsensical", it doesn't bother me :D
👏👏👏👏👏 I dips me lid - pure class😘😇

I’m sure you’ll hear the ‘plop’ very soon as the little white ball rolls into the hole on either the 2nd, 11th or 16th at St Lucia Golf Links.
At least you were there in 1966, maybe that’s why ‘Alex’ is so sh1tty with you - envy - he’s never experienced such Saintly joy ?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Like always

When someone is appointed or drafted to StK they are magnificent

Then they’re are either defended to the hilt or become whipping boys

Once they are gone - they can be tipped on as much as you want

Roughead
Great pick up when we got him
A leader from a successful culture
Now when we haven’t had success since his arrival- he’s a dud

Can say the same about almost any player or employee at StK

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 11:26am Quite true, when fellow supporters on this forum have a crack at me about the views I express on matters St Kilda, on-field as well as off, I don't take it personally or consider it slanderous, the heat of debate leaves me cold. Statistically I might be old but don't feel it and consider myself very lucky that, like Albert Facey, I've had a "fortunate life" - following the Saints has been a big part of that journey. Top of my bucket list is celebrating a 2nd premiership and I remain extremely confident that I'll live long enough to see that happen! Second on the list is scoring and ace on the 2nd, 11th or 16th par 3 holes at St Lucia Golf Links - got within 10cm last week but it may as well have been 10 metres....

Nor should it. It aways makes me laugh when posters whinge about someone having a go at em becaue they had a go themselves. As I was always taught, if you dont want a whack on the nose, don't stick it out and as best I can tell, most come here to stick it out....so whack away.

I welcome you having a go at me Sanctorum, go ya hardest and don't ever go changing.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I’d prefer to be left alone.
I never whack people and always remain courteous abd I’m control of my emotions
All I want ..is a room somewhere..

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 8:08pm I’d prefer to be left alone.
Me too

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 8:08pm I’d prefer to be left alone.
hehehe

god this joint makes me laugh

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Top of my bucket list is celebrating a 2nd premiership and I remain extremely confident that I'll live long enough to see that happen!
i love that bit !!

i'm a Believer also

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum, asiu, you cheeky monkeys:

I thought love was only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else but not for me (us)
Love was out to get me
That's the way it seemed
Disappointment haunted all of my dreams
Then I saw her face*, now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind
I'm in love
I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her if I tried.......

* review or Ross didn't rhyme. Perhap's Hill's pace, Nasiah's grace, Max making space, Sharman the ace, Windy the man (oh that doesn't rhyme either); Steeley on the case, Wilks on the chase.....

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Being whacked or belittled by a keyboard warrior is tantamount to being thrashed with an ostrich plume
I blow my nose in your general direction

Banger9798
SS Life Member

I personally never understand the level of angst on here between fellow supporters.
It's like inmates of a prison turning on each other.
We're all long suffering and frustrated with our footy team, and none of us has the least bit of influence over the team, club or outcome.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
saints4eva
Club Player

Be interested to know from any dissenters what you would have done differently to take us forward

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saints4eva wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 12:16pm Be interested to know from any dissenters what you would have done differently to take us forward
Visit Bunninga and purchase a garden Gnome to act as a place holder coach while the club solve the time honoured problem of talent acquisition to a list capable of sustained top 4 finishes and the occasional flag.

If you were a betting man would you bet on RL becoming the first coach in the history of human kind to win a flag without a talented list...massive odds, even bigger than the exotics on Brownlow night.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I believe our chances are increased with this list under RTB

So happy ratts got his marching orders

Sanctorum
Club Player

loris wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 4:29pm

I’m sure you’ll hear the ‘plop’ very soon as the little white ball rolls into the hole on either the 2nd, 11th or 16th at St Lucia Golf Links.
At least you were there in 1966, maybe that’s why ‘Alex’ is so sh1tty with you - envy - he’s never experienced such Saintly joy ?
Thanks for your kind words loris, I've always felt very privileged to be a member of the St Kilda FC family and don't mind that the team usually loses many more games than it wins. Since 1897, out of 2403 games, St Kilda FC has won 938, drawn 26 and lost 1439 - by far the worst record of all teams in the history of VFL/AFL - but despite that the club has survived.

But 24/9/1966 will always be our "V Day", no less memorable than the celebrations on 8/5/1945 commemorating the end of WW II.

As I say to my family and friends when they tease me about my hopeless footy team, we're a weird mob, but we have the unique distinction of qualifying for "Honorary Doctorates in Grief Counselling", because we can handle adversity in life like no other supporter and no matter hiow hard we fall to the canvas, we never fail to get back up and continue the good fight.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Since 1897, out of 2403 games, St Kilda FC has won 938, drawn 26 and lost 1439
updated weekly

these are the figures
the boys should see
as they are about to exit the race
into combat

501 games to even the ledger
... go get em lads

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Hey Samurai,

How many games have we won and lost since the '66 flag? (says as if there were other flags)

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 11:55am Being whacked or belittled by a keyboard warrior is tantamount to being thrashed with an ostrich plume
you betcha. :wink:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

and
... it was a fairly big nose , iirc

:D

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 5:19pm and
... it was a fairly big nose iirc

:D
Oi. ……………. 😂

Was just beaten with an ostrich plume ☝️

asiu
Saintsational Legend

was it ok

will u still respect me tomorrow

asiu
Saintsational Legend

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-16/ ... /101661932

Roo's out of a job

get Vortex to run a review

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

asiu wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 5:36pm https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-16/ ... /101661932

Roo's out of a job

get Vortex to run a review
Sorry, just started a thread on this topic.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Saints58
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 2:07pm
loris wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 4:29pm

Thanks for your kind words loris, I've always felt very privileged to be a member of the St Kilda FC family and don't mind that the team usually loses many more games than it wins. Since 1897, out of 2403 games, St Kilda FC has won 938, drawn 26 and lost 1439 - by far the worst record of all teams in the history of VFL/AFL - but despite that the club has survived.

But 24/9/1966 will always be our "V Day", no less memorable than the celebrations on 8/5/1945 commemorating the end of WW II.

As I say to my family and friends when they tease me about my hopeless footy team, we're a weird mob, but we have the unique distinction of qualifying for "Honorary Doctorates in Grief Counselling", because we can handle adversity in life like no other supporter and no matter hiow hard we fall to the canvas, we never fail to get back up and continue the good fight.
Very well said I have been a lifelong saint and I really hope to see our 2 flag but the years are catching up with me but no matter how much crap I get from other people and how much they laugh at me about being a saints supporter I will always be a lifelong saint to my grave and unless you are a saint supporter you don't know what a great supporter base we have and how loyal we are many other supporters from teams would have dropped off if they had the saints record. So lets all hand tough and we will go around again with expectations high and just hoping this is the year.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 16 Nov 2022 11:55am Being whacked or belittled by a keyboard warrior is tantamount to being thrashed with an ostrich plume
I think there’s a few keyboard warriors on here who whack off regularly but that’s a different type of abuse..

“Yeah….nah””