Who is jealous?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

doggerel
Club Player

Hell yes

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
So what did this strong leadership do? A complete backflip, got all panicked like the stong leaders they are and bow to a couple of ferals.
A couple of ferals who pay the bills? Or a sponsor who pays the bills?

I don't see much of a difference to be honest.

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Richter wrote: 4. I regret the fact that we don't have such strong men behind the scenes - but that is what we have - they are probably the best available to our club right now. If the consequences of taking BC and him failing meant a severe pasting for us in the media and more importantly the wider court of public opinion - that would have had serious ramifications for the future of our club. That risk IS too high a one to take.
Yes I would love those strong men who sent out Cameron to face the media and tell them they would pick youth - only to have the ferals - who have always had too much sway at that club - remember the only reason they were crap in the early 00's was because of Frawley :roll: - go beserk.

So what did this strong leadership do? A complete backflip, got all panicked like the stong leaders they are and bow to a couple of ferals.

Now Cameron looks like a complete doofus, we have Judas Brown now playing with a bloke he stated on TFS that he NEVER WANTS AT OUR CLUB, we have all those strong leaders at the behest of a group of rabble supporters.

Geez I wish our leaders were so strong.
If they had been we'd have been sitting with another champ on their list and a much better shot at a flag next year. Yes Richmond's hierarchy do end up with some egg on their face - but so what - at the end of the day they get a Brownlow medallist for nothing. If he does well no-one will remember the backflip - or if they do they'll say how strong Richmond were to be able to change their minds. And if he trips up then that will be the story and Richmond will say "Ah well, it was worth the risk, no skin off our nose".

By the way the ferals you talk about are the backbone of their club. The members of every club are their backbone. I for one regret the fact that as members our views don't seem to be as important to St Kilda as other stakeholders' views are.

As for doofus Cameron loooking like a dill - well I don't have anything against Archie Fraser, but I can't help thinking that he looks like a doofus most of the time - particularly after that board meeting a couple of weeks ago. Big deal, neither of them are the powerbrokers at their clubs. It's perfectly clear that Richmond's men behind the scenes have far bigger cojones than us. Sobeit.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Solar
Saintsational Legend

joffa.... what you and that article say sums up where I come from

the whole situation was a sham, the only reason the football public is behind it is because it was at the VERY last minute.

Let one of their senior players down, left their senior list manager out to dry.

This is not about the tigers winning the flag, it's all about benny benny and more benny.

I'm so over it, we have an exciting young list with alot of development and improvement in front of them. The tigers can have their media spotlight and lets just knuckle down for 2009.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:joffa.... what you and that article say sums up where I come from

the whole situation was a sham, the only reason the football public is behind it is because it was at the VERY last minute.

Let one of their senior players down, left their senior list manager out to dry.

This is not about the tigers winning the flag, it's all about benny benny and more benny.

I'm so over it, we have an exciting young list with alot of development and improvement in front of them. The tigers can have their media spotlight and lets just knuckle down for 2009.
Completely agree, and at least our management stuck to their guns. They approached the whole situation professionally, carried out a thorough internal investigation and decided Benny wasn't the man for us. No-one panicked, no-one backflipped, everyone scoffed at our 'youth policy' excuse, but it turned out to be pretty damn close to the truth. Of course, our management have had the discression to keep the investigation results confidential (as they should be) and get on with life.

Good luck BC, good luck Tiges. We've got a great young team coming up, we'll play finals again, so jealous? Of what?

Saints94
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
Solar wrote:joffa.... what you and that article say sums up where I come from

Completely agree, and at least our management stuck to their guns. They approached the whole situation professionally, carried out a thorough internal investigation and decided Benny wasn't the man for us. No-one panicked, no-one backflipped, everyone scoffed at our 'youth policy' excuse, but it turned out to be pretty damn close to the truth. Of course, our management have had the discression to keep the investigation results confidential (as they should be) and get on with life.

Good luck BC, good luck Tiges. We've got a great young team coming up, we'll play finals again, so jealous? Of what?
Richmond improving and maybe beating us..... Ben cousins winning the brownlow these are just some of the things that we might regret apart of richmond improving :wink:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
A couple of ferals who pay the bills? Or a sponsor who pays the bills?

I don't see much of a difference to be honest.
Correct. But you are assuming our decision was based on sponsor pressure... not if BC was totally clean.

[/quote] Richmond improving and maybe beating us..... Ben cousins winning the brownlow these are just some of the things that we might regret apart of richmond improving

Correction... something that YOU and a vocal few may live to rgret.

Who cares what he does? All I'm concerned with is what my team does in 2009.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

No.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I don't usually like answering questions with a question, but on this occasion I will...
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Brilliant stuff!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously tell me you aren't joking????

I mean you are with out a doubt absolutely the worst perpetrator of answering a question with a question on these boards

comedy gold Dodgyfox ..... comedy gold!!!!!!!! :lol:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
santazzi
Club Player

The J word ...No. But as I have said in many other posts, drafting Ben would have been morally right and with the right contract arrangements there should have been no damage to our club. What i really find sad is that, I hounestly believe that we were the club with the right combination of leadeship on and off the field that could have given the man the best environment for recovery .......

That is now history and I am happy and excited about our new boys........CHOO CHOO leads the pack..................can we sponser him???

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Yes I am ... VERY !!!

I am so happy that he has been given another chance.
The best of luck to him, I hope Richmond can get the best out of him.

No doubt IMO when Ben rips us and other clubs a new beep hole next season, more and more people will be wishing he plays for their club.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Yes I am ... VERY !!!

I am so happy that he has been given another chance.
The best of luck to him, I hope Richmond can get the best out of him.

No doubt IMO when Ben rips us and other clubs a new beep hole next season, more and more people will be wishing he plays for their club.
Every time Judd rips us a new one... I wish he played for us... and Franklin... and Ablett for that matter. Just to name a few.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Such a stupid reply......

Judd was #3....only two clubs should be jealous....one has Luke Hodge, the othet is us....

Only 2 clubs should be jealous of Franklin......

The other clubs were not in a position to draft them.....

Cousins was available to everyone......

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Such a stupid reply......

Judd was #3....only two clubs should be jealous....one has Luke Hodge, the othet is us....

As was Judd in 2007, when he told WCE he wanted to leave.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I don't usually like answering questions with a question, but on this occasion I will...

What if Cousins does his hammy?
What if it turns out he can't play any good anymore?
What if he falls off the wagon?

What have Richmond lost? And what do they stand to lose?

People are talking about Richmond having 'balls' but to be honest, I can't see a single risk that they've taken by picking him up.

It cost them a measly Draft pick, and 1 spot on their list.

What do they possibly have to lose?

Even if he doesn't play for whatever reason, they'll still have the 'Oh well, we did the right thing by giving a bloke a chance' line to use.
Look, Im loathe to do this.....but I agree.

All this hoo haa about our club imploding in a media frenzy blah blah blah is cr@p. As he said today HE IS a drug addict....I can live with that and if he stuffs up hes finished NOT St Kilda - Ben Cousins.

For 1 pick as low as 546 in the draft we get a potentially ready made GUN. Even at 80% hes in our top 3 mids.

As I said before as a club WE had the most to gain where we sit list wise right now - much more than the Togers.

The only rider on all this from me is his hammy's - if the club knows they wont last a season fair enough.....tough to predict that though.

So yep I agree with Fox.

I feel dirty.

“Yeah….nah””
santazzi
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:

Mr Magic: If memory serves me right ....I think that the circumstances, the costs, the benefits, the "what ever you like to mention" of making use of the availability of Mr Judd and Mr cousin to all clubs are so at the opposite pole that to compare them from a rational person's point of view is a bit of red herring ...which does nothing to contribute to good debate,,,,what do you think??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

not jealous but good on them. the majority is not always right. and i think people were a bit follow the leader on this. good on the tiges for having balls.

lets face it 70% of draftees will never play a single senior game - so the chances are cuz will play a few more than your average 80th draft pick...

so anything more than 20 games from him should be considered a success. not to mention sponsorship and bums on seats....

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

well, he officially plays for bitchmond now, so I officially dont really give a tinkers cuss!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Really, as a football fan, you won't be even a little curious? :wink:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Why? Marto?

The point I'm making is... who cares. Benny isn't the only champ playing for the opposition.

I'm simply tiring of people going on like it's the end of the world... and the end of St Kilda. It isn't.

TBH, I'm more worried about the above 3. You know what you're up against.

Maybe I miss the point? who knows?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Ben blitzing next year may give me that little bit extra impetus to attend the next AGM. :twisted:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:Ben blitzing next year may give me that little bit extra impetus to attend the next AGM. :twisted:
Supposes he does... but the club wasn't convinced that he was 10% clean, and din't want to risk it... would that change your view?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
joffaboy wrote: And now we have the story about Cousins STILL consorting with criminals.

Yeah I am real jealous of Richmond :roll:
Before you start taking pot shots, get your time frame right...

Give me a break... This is an old case that has been around for ages, that is relevant today for no other reason than Cousins got drafted yesterday, so lets cook up an old story to spin some cotroversy... Just a joke by the papers...

Your inside info seems to be letting you down Joffa... You shouldnt just rely on the Sun and Age headlines... ':roll:'
Nice selective quoting.

Couldn't care if you believe what I know or not. Your credibility was shot to pieces ages ago and it seems you still harbour some resentment on how I owned you earlier this year.

Too bad. I know what I know. So roll eyes all you like. It just shows your ignorance and stupidity, but you show that with every post though dont you.

Facts are Cousins is a drug addict, goes to funerals and phones criminals, shaves his body completely when he knows he has to have a hair drug test.

tell me Einstein, how long do you think Benny has been clean?
Seems your getting confused Joffa... Not sure how, or when you 'owned' me, nor when my credibility was shot to pieces!??

Maybe your getting your posters mixed up, much like your facts seem to be... Innuendo and chinese whispers may get you going, but i bet the facts are far different from what you hear or know...

Sure, Cousins is still struggling... In answering your question, I dont think he has been 'clean' for long at all... I, as you do also, know he isnt the only one going around in the AFL with such issues... Not by a long shot..

I also know that I wanted him in red white and black badly, and I know we missed a great oppotunity...
But im not the one pumping my tires up by insinuating I know more than everyone else about this issue... Do you know what I know??...

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Mr Magic: If memory serves me right ....I think that the circumstances, the costs, the benefits, the "what ever you like to mention" of making use of the availability of Mr Judd and Mr cousin to all clubs are so at the opposite pole that to compare them from a rational person's point of view is a bit of red herring ...which does nothing to contribute to good debate,,,,what do you think??
No, BigMart made the point that all Clubs were avaialble to pick up Cousins whereas only 2 were available to pick up Judd, in an attempt to criticize another posters POV.

I was merely pointing out that in 2007, when Judd told WCE that he wanted to leave, all the other 15 Clubs were in the position of making a play for him.

My response was strictly focussed on that area.

If you're now saying you want to 'broaden' the focus in this debate then fine , let's do that.

Cousins wasn't just avaialable for everyone.
All Clubs had to determine if
1. He was the type of player they wanted?
2. Did they have enough salary cap room for him?
3. Did they believe he was 'over his problems'?
4. Do they think he will/might re-offend?
5. WIll the possibility of re-offending do more damage then any benefits he may bring?
6. What else will his selection bring to the Club (media attention etc.)?

15 Clubs (including the WCE) decided that having weighed up the information they had, they did not want to take him.

1 Club decided they did want him.

Why should anybody from the 15 Clubs be jealous of the 1 Club? They made their decisions and I'm sure that they are happy with them. Just because some ill-informed supporters feel they know better, doesn't mean they actually do know better than the people at those 15 Clubs.

I don't know the information and I suspect neither does anybody else on Saintsational (including whoever posts as SaintsMedia).

Yet some on here feel the need to denigrate the Club/Board/Decision makers for making a decision based on information that we don't know. Don't you feel that is illogical and/or irrational?

Criticizing people for making a decision based on information that we don't know?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Ben blitzing next year may give me that little bit extra impetus to attend the next AGM. :twisted:
Supposes he does... but the club wasn't convinced that he was 10% clean, and din't want to risk it... would that change your view?
No, in my mind he was worth the punt.
If their excuse was that they didn't think he was not %100 clean I would argue that he was worth the chance to not only help clean up his act but for him to repey the club in kind with some great football.