Changes next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes next week

I think Cripps needs a spell… 6 touches 2 weeks running is not really good enough, young or not… especially in a near 100 point thumping.

Winmar would have to offer more,

Love to see Ross playing with the big boys too, think he will enjoy the real deal,

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

To beat Dogs it's All about contested possession....winthat we win.

“Yeah….nah””
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:To beat Dogs it's All about contested possession....winthat we win.
enter seb ross & tom ledger…

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:im never sure if these threads are meant to be

"what you THINK the changes will be"

or
"what you would LIKE the changes to be"
ya mean there's there's a difference?

well they are the same if you are scott watters :-)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Dropping someone like Cripps shouldn't be seen as a bad thing. Sometimes they need the easier speed to get their hands on the ball and practice what they are being taught. It can be a confidence booster if handled right.
+ 1
Crippsy is still only 19 FFS! one of the youngest on our entire list.

So lets all take a chill pill with him! Hes developing very nicely thank you very much.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Gotta give the young blokes a bit of time. Everyone is set on dropping Cripps however IMO we've gotta give him 6 plus games to see how he goes. Making him sub should be considered but not dropping him IMO. Same goes for Newnes and Simpkon. Give them another 4-5 games and see what they've got. One change that I would like to see is Ledger starting in the 21....I'm confident he will. Bad luck to Polo but someones gotta miss out. Schnieder a only walk up start when fit. We need the skilled blokes in the team.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
PJ wrote:Dropping someone like Cripps shouldn't be seen as a bad thing. Sometimes they need the easier speed to get their hands on the ball and practice what they are being taught. It can be a confidence booster if handled right.
+ 1
Crippsy is still only 19 FFS! one of the youngest on our entire list.

So lets all take a chill pill with him! Hes developing very nicely thank you very much.
Yep, but you reckoned Crocker would be delisted at the end of the year :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
lefty
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Gotta give the young blokes a bit of time. Everyone is set on dropping Cripps however IMO we've gotta give him 6 plus games to see how he goes. Making him sub should be considered but not dropping him IMO. Same goes for Newnes and Simpkon. Give them another 4-5 games and see what they've got. One change that I would like to see is Ledger starting in the 21....I'm confident he will. Bad luck to Polo but someones gotta miss out. Schnieder a only walk up start when fit. We need the skilled blokes in the team.
If he's not quite ready, give him a rest, let him gain experience in the VFL or try him in a different position. If he's ready, he'll bounce right back into the squad. Give another young player a crack, we've got Saad, Winmar, Curren, Sipposs that could be playing imo.

Newness played better than Cripps on the weekend and made the right decisions, so thats what I'd have him in over Cripps. Simpkin did his job fine as well, and we are short on biggish defenders, so he has a role.

There's also no way Gram is a walk up start, Geary has been in terrific form and doesn't just do long bombs to no one like Gram does.

Theres also no way Crockers going to be de listed, this guy should make it, and has a very good kick. Just needs time.

Yes, Joey has been poor, since end of the last year, I don't know why, I just think he needs to stop worrying about being on Channel 7 and just have some dominate games. Even if its just one dominate quarter where it hits the scoreboard, its a good start. I noticed in the paper Joey's stats were far more uncontested possessions than contested, not sure if this is on purpose, but was a observation I noticed.

Jack Stevens continues poor disposal, worst efficiency in the team at 50% efficient, he needs to get better, around the 70% mark. Turnovers are too costly. I think the entire side still could improve with disposal, CJ needs to hit handballs better (always at the feet = me not happy), and we just need to have better foot skills in general.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Didn't Montagna have an intrerrupted preseason?

Regardless, far from horrible.

Cripps to the sub spot, Ledger in the starting line up.

Otherwise no change.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Theres also no way Crockers going to be de listed, this guy should make it, and has a very good kick.
sounds like you're describing troy schwarze, but he never quite got there.

maj

why is there going to be drastic changes to the team this week when you beat a team by 92 points. I'm sure their might be one possible change, otherwise the team will stay as is.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Crippsy is still only 19 FFS! one of the youngest on our entire list.

Crocker is now 20. So - yeah - I think hes in a bit of strife. A long way behind Crippa and Ledger.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Crippsy is still only 19 FFS! one of the youngest on our entire list.

Crocker is now 20. So - yeah - I think hes in a bit of strife. A long way behind Crippa and Ledger.
Con, you're using age to defend Cripps.

And you're using age to delist Crocker.

According to the Saints website:

Sam Crocker

12-03-1992

Jamie Cripps

23-04-1992

If that's correct then Crocker is a whopping 42 days older than Cripps. And if you post again in 12 days time you'll have to refer to Cripps as a 20 year old.

By all means rate Cripps ahead of Crocker but it's a bit silly to use age as either a plus or a minus.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I haven't watched the Doggies all that closely this year, but apparently they quite a bit of speed in their team now, so maybe if Cripps is to be retained we could have him just sit on one of them for the match, like Clay Smith or Dalhaus, or someone like that. Just ask him to wear them like a second skin and maybe the same could go for Newnes, if he keeps his spot. We don't want someone like either of them getting off the leash, as they can really get their crowd and into it and be like a shot of adrenaline for their team.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

Agreed, he is struggling to break into Sandringham Seniors this year. Cant say ive seen anything to suggest he'll make it in the AFL. Cant rely on having good kick when you cant do anything else. He is also remarkably raw still. Looks so small, must be only 2nd year draftee that didnt put on any weight.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:Yep, but you reckoned Crocker would be delisted at the end of the year :shock:
Agreed, he is struggling to break into Sandringham Seniors this year. Cant say ive seen anything to suggest he'll make it in the AFL. Cant rely on having good kick when you cant do anything else. He is also remarkably raw still. Looks so small, must be only 2nd year draftee that didnt put on any weight.
now behind milera and newnes as well. so im happy to be patient - but we at least need to see something....

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Maybe he'll end up getting put on the rookie list at the end of the season if he doesn't start to show something before then. I'm surprised he hasn't done better with us to be honest, after seeing how well he did in the first round of the NAB Cup last year. He looked as good as any of the young ones that night and got plenty of the footy.

savatage
SS Life Member

stkildathunda wrote:
He's already put on over 7kg. He was way too small when drafted. Let's be just a tad patient guys.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Good to hear. If he makes it his kicking will be a huge weapon. Imagine potentially having the kicking of Goddard, Dal, Siposs, Gwilt, Milera, Jones and Crocker in the same side?!

PS- Can anyone pick the odd one out?

Austinnn
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote: Con, you're using age to defend Cripps.

Sam Crocker

12-03-1992

Jamie Cripps

23-04-1992

If that's correct then Crocker is a whopping 42 days older than Cripps. And if you post again in 12 days time you'll have to refer to Cripps as a 20 year old.

By all means rate Cripps ahead of Crocker but it's a bit silly to use age as either a plus or a minus.
The appliance of science will cut through voodoo BS every time: I salute you, Spaceman.

Crocker is young, Cripps is young. I don't think either will be delisted in a team aiming for the future. Sometimes I do worry about some of the people on here.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Good to hear. If he makes it his kicking will be a huge weapon. Imagine potentially having the kicking of Goddard, Dal, Siposs, Gwilt, Milera, Jones and Crocker in the same side?!

Yes Jones :shock:

8856brother wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Good to hear. If he makes it his kicking will be a huge weapon. Imagine potentially having the kicking of Goddard, Dal, Siposs, Gwilt, Milera, Jones and Crocker in the same side?!

Yes Jones :shock:
He was talking about AUSSIE Jones not the Clinton variety, SURELY!! :?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Con, you're using age to defend Cripps.

Sam Crocker

12-03-1992

Jamie Cripps

23-04-1992

BOOM!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Maybe he'll end up getting put on the rookie list at the end of the season if he doesn't start to show something before then. I'm surprised he hasn't done better with us to be honest, after seeing how well he did in the first round of the NAB Cup last year. He looked as good as any of the young ones that night and got plenty of the footy.

Got injured in the second half of last year... That might be a reason.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Con, you're using age to defend Cripps.

Sam Crocker

12-03-1992

Jamie Cripps

23-04-1992

The appliance of science will cut through voodoo BS every time: I salute you, Spaceman.

Crocker is young, Cripps is young. I don't think either will be delisted in a team aiming for the future. Sometimes I do worry about some of the people on here.

Spot. On.