Surely not the next best coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Surely not the next best coach

BigMart wrote:Question not answered?
Why dont you give us the farkin answer as it seems that you are implying that you know what it is

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ifelchen/Williams are such china plates.... Why did Chris leave Port when he did?

OMFG that is so true. I can't believe no one thought this through. You are a freakin' genius. That's it stop the process now. Williams can NOT work with the Pelican. I know you said we can not afford to have an untried coach because that would be suicide so maybe we need to just not have a coach or get Thorp in to be playing coach.

that would be cool old school like the Bulldogs under Charlie Sutton and they won a flag, just get it done.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
BigMart wrote:Question not answered?
Why dont you give us the farkin answer as it seems that you are implying that you know what it is
Bigmart doesn't do answers… he just does problems.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

dragit wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:Agree dragstar... hence why we need a Hillbilly-style ($800K profit per game, win nearly every game) boutique home ground at Moorabbin. :wink:

Emotion... and $$$. 8-)

PS: Hillbilly Hoe-Down stadium is being pretty much rebuilt. When I recently went on the MCG tour our guide told us that the only original structure remaining at the 'G was the fence around the playing field... and they didn't even think that was original...

Both stadia seem to have no trouble drawing emotive crowds... so I don't believe that you have to worry about that concern.
Sure thing Dave :D

The southern stand only cost $150,000,000 & the Northern stand $460,000,000 to build.

Let us know if you come across $600,000,000 then we can get started on that new stadium - but if we are going to dream, I wouldn't be choosing Moorabbin as the location… why not a floating stadium on the bay, like the Dubai palm development?
Sure thing Dragstar. :D

Where have I called for that level of construction? (I like your SOH though. 8-) )

What we had before was fine to start with. Then drop in some more dirt to raise the height and hence capacity at the back of the outer. Could even put a bit of a roof over the back of it like the Skunks did along their Turner Street wing. Add seats, could also leave some standing room areas, even leave some grassed sections... for that old time suburban footy nostalgic experience. (I believe the marketing types call it your 'point of difference'.)

As pointed out before, we don't need a huge capacity... eventual aim of 30-35000 would suffice. Oh, and we've previously packed over 50,000 into Moorabbin back in the day, so I still don't understand what you have against that site re being able to draw our fans...? :?

Of course it can't happen overnight, but no wuz, coz it doesn't have to happen overnight..., however, and here's the painful kicker for me... we could re-start playing home games at Moorabbin next season... if we hadn't allowed all that infrastructure to be bulldozed! :cry: :evil:

Costs, well some of that is being met with the planned ground upgrade. For the rest... write good, creative submissions for funding, just like other clubs and organizations have done... or better still, find our very own Godwin Grech... :lol:

Oh, and to speed things right along, hope that Oz lands a Soccer World Cup... the Hillbillies were looking at having their place upgraded from 30,000-odd capacity to 50,000+... all for free, if we'd landed that World Cup. Boy, were they disappointed when our lame presentation bit the dust. (FIFA requires stadia to have a minimum 50,000 capacity, yet in a magnificent triumph of style over substance, that gorgeous looking rectangular playing field AAMI Stadium only holds 32,000... and raising the roof and hence the capacity would actually cost more than the bulldozers and a fresh start... :oops: )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
dragit
Saintsational Legend

You're a romantic Dave...

I always thought Moorabbin was a hole.

(Apologies to anyone living nearby who is offended)

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Choco Williams is the AFL's equivalent of Travis Bickle. Will be interesting should he wind up as our coach.

"You talkin' to me?"

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
kalsaint
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
Number 5 wrote:Why aren't we talking to Worsforld? Surely he's the best available coach!
Left the Eagles to patch up his marriage woes
Maybe the move to Victoria is just the tonic needed for him and his marriage?

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
kalsaint
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:There is no doubt that Choco is a nutter but so what...plenty of nutters coach good teams. Look at Clarkson. If his team was crap he would be seen as a crap coach. He has a star team and is seen as a guru. Sheedy, Malthouse, Pagan, Hafey, Choco and Clarkson - all pretty much insane yet they are premiership coaches. Administration and the playing personal are much more important than which idiot coaches the team. Don't worry about it James. The new President, CEO, recruiting team, development coaches and of course The Pelican will decide how we go. The coach is irrelevant providing he tows the company line.
And hwe should do. All those teams are successful because they a re reasonably well aligned, have good culture and most importantly are disciple in what they do and expect.

Have rabble culture without discipline and you don't get success.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Evidently we were also rabble 3-4 years ago!

PADDLEPOP1000
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

But on the plus side we are simply one non away from being a non-rabble 8-)

karnaby
Club Player

kalsaint wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Number 5 wrote:Why aren't we talking to Worsforld? Surely he's the best available coach!
Left the Eagles to patch up his marriage woes
I'm neither 100% sure nor up to date on this but I believed that his missus had walked out and partnered up with his (ex?) mate robert wiley. Worsfold might well be a good coach but I think it might be best to just let him get on with his life at present.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
loris
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:
kalsaint wrote:
magnifisaint wrote: Left the Eagles to patch up his marriage woes
I'm neither 100% sure nor up to date on this but I believed that his missus had walked out and partnered up with his (ex?) mate robert wiley. Worsfold might well be a good coach but I think it might be best to just let him get on with his life at present.
Yep you have it correct there Karnaby and Worsfold had been left with the children to bring up and try and coach the Eagles, so it's been a real tough trot for him.

However it's a new day, the sun is shining again for him and lifting the dark clouds from his horiizons. Tune into those weather reports on TV, might see why he's now got his head in the clouds. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Still no answers?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Still no answers?

Whats the question?

jamesmc
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:It's Choco or bust. If we get someone else we will become a Melbourne IMO
Hope this doesn't mean we are bust.