St Kilda announcement - Tues morning - Dare

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda announcement - Tues morning

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda announcement - Tues morning - Dare

Not a coffee drinker at all. Matter of fact cant stand it and it may seem like a silly question but is iced Coffee pretty much the same as normal coffee except cold? If the answer is year which I would gather what other stuff does this company sell that maybe drinkable for non coffee drinkers?

oldie60
Club Player

Lion has brands that include cheese,fruit drinks and beers such as Corona,Hahn,Steinlager,James Boags just to name a few. They also have the Big M milk range,ciders,wine.yoplait yoghurt so i'm sure you would be able to find something in that vast range that will help support the club.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Just another temporary major sponsor trying to get an unknown brand into the market.

Reality is we are possibly 3 to 5 years away from landing a long term established brand sponsor when we improve

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The Run Home ‏@TheRunHome
From 4: Josh Eagle, @joelselwood14, @Wortho33, @BrettAPhillips, @Wortho33, @stkildafc CEO @Matt_Finnis,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Bit of a worry that last bit in that article about Paddy McCartin being admitted into hospital last Saturday with a skin infection. I guess with diabetics it pays to be cautious.?
Most likely just for intravenous antibiotics, which can be more targeted and quicker-acting than the ones in tablets. Hopefully not too much to worry about.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
bigballs
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Just another temporary major sponsor trying to get an unknown brand into the market.

Reality is we are possibly 3 to 5 years away from landing a long term established brand sponsor when we improve
Geez, I just love your enthusiasm there SP. :roll:

Temporary major sponsor or not, for a team that's coming off a wooden spoon year, I'm just grateful that anyone would want to sponsor us.

Don't think anyone would knock back a multi million dollar deal when they have debts like we do at the moment, regardless of who they are.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

bigballs wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Just another temporary major sponsor trying to get an unknown brand into the market.

Temporary major sponsor or not, for a team that's coming off a wooden spoon year, I'm just grateful that anyone would want to sponsor us.

Don't think anyone would knock back a multi million dollar deal when they have debts like we do at the moment, regardless of who they are.
similiar to some comments on the club site after the article-
ie- "wouldn't buy with what they do in the dairy industry
or too much sugar"

some people never happy-
it's not gambling
it's not alcohol

but now they are objecting to MILK...... where do they expect us to get our money-- :roll:
we can't seem to get supporters to become members so tell us how...

it's how you ' service' your sponsors- scratching each others backs that defines how long they last..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
loris wrote:Bit of a worry that last bit in that article about Paddy McCartin being admitted into hospital last Saturday with a skin infection. I guess with diabetics it pays to be cautious.?
Most likely just for intravenous antibiotics, which can be more targeted and quicker-acting than the ones in tablets. Hopefully not too much to worry about.
You're right, Loris. As a diabetic, Paddy is more vulnerable to an infection spreading and causing damage. Hospital and IV drug treatment are the most appropriate steps to take. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out shortly. Unfortunately, this may not be the last time this happens. It's an unfortunate fact of life for Paddy, one I'm sure he's already come to terms with.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Not exactly unknown. It is the most popular Ice Coffee in Australia and 4th most popular overall in Australia in its category. Lion have identified Victoria as a large area for growth to become "Number 1".

I can't see anything wrong with a sponsor trying to get an advantage out of its sponsorship. That's the whole point!!

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
mullet
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
bigballs wrote:

similiar to some comments on the club site after the article-
ie- "wouldn't buy with what they do in the dairy industry
or too much sugar"

some people never happy-
it's not gambling
it's not alcohol

but now they are objecting to MILK...... where do they expect us to get our money-- :roll:
we can't seem to get supporters to become members so tell us how...

it's how you ' service' your sponsors- scratching each others backs that defines how long they last..
You reckon that's bad, read the comments about Saad's practicle joke he played on the club doctor. Geez we are a shocking club according to some.
But hey inject young boys with unknown substances and that is ok. And someone needs to tell em that the "schoolgirl" lied

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

oldie60 wrote:Lion has brands that include cheese,fruit drinks and beers such as Corona,Hahn,Steinlager,James Boags just to name a few. They also have the Big M milk range,ciders,wine.yoplait yoghurt so i'm sure you would be able to find something in that vast range that will help support the club.

Nothing there that does anything for me. Is it Lion Nathan sponsoring us or dare? Now im confused. I thought Corona was a Carlton brand.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Most importantly, it appeals to a younger demographic.

Iced coffee, particularly with Dare's branding, has a strong attraction to the youth and young adult market.

Iced coffee is a highly consumed product by this segment, and is a huge bridging product between young adults/kids drinking milk drinks into proper coffee.

I am more enthused by this arrangement than any other sponsorship of recent times. Particularly considering Dare's parent company, one of the biggest and most dynamic-diverse companies in the world in Kirin. If we can impress and succeed with Dare, who knows how high up the food chain we can climb.

Typically, people will find issue in every move we make. Such people themselves tend to make no moves at all in their own life, just keep slogging away for that weekly wage...

Well done Saints and Dare.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

How would you know about sponsorship, or how an organisation derives it?

Why 3 to 5 years? Why not pull 7 to 10 years out of your arse?

Clueless or just trolling? Take your pick.

You are garbage - Enough said
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Most importantly, it appeals to a younger demographic.
“Hey young fella, in my day we dug both the Hugall and the Hoile!”

chook23
Saintsational Legend

What happened to your reality?

during our last build.........2004......................and then through to 2010

Where is that so called LONG TERM ESTABLISHED SPONSOR then

Welcome aboard DARE........hope the relationship with Saints....assists both organisations to the level anticipated.

saint4life
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

plugger66 wrote:
oldie60 wrote:Lion has brands that include cheese,fruit drinks and beers such as Corona,Hahn,Steinlager,James Boags just to name a few. They also have the Big M milk range,ciders,wine.yoplait yoghurt so i'm sure you would be able to find something in that vast range that will help support the club.

Nothing there that does anything for me. Is it Lion Nathan sponsoring us or dare? Now im confused. I thought Corona was a Carlton brand.

Corona is not CUB, it is Anheuser-Busch InBev. We are sponsored by Dare (a brand owned by Lion).

Nothing wrong with Boags........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Corona is not CUB, it is Anheuser-Busch InBev. We are sponsored by Dare (a brand owned by Lion).

As you may know I only drink VB. Im very old and very old school. Corona must be imported by Carlton though? I look for forward to my slab of VB. I will get you Boags if I lose.

My question actually was meant to be do Dare make chocolate drinks and the like. I went on the internet and found they only do coffee type drinks so im out.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
bergholt wrote:
You're right, Loris. As a diabetic, Paddy is more vulnerable to an infection spreading and causing damage. Hospital and IV drug treatment are the most appropriate steps to take. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out shortly. Unfortunately, this may not be the last time this happens. It's an unfortunate fact of life for Paddy, one I'm sure he's already come to terms with.

One of the players this morning said he had an lump that he thought was an infection, checked it with the doctor who sent him for surgery to cut it out. More than an intravenous thing. Sounds like some benign cyst or something from what they said. I think it was Siposs. Did call it an infection though.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

As you may know I only drink VB. Im very old and very old school. Corona must be imported by Carlton though? I look for forward to my slab of VB. I will get you Boags if I lose.

My question actually was meant to be do Dare make chocolate drinks and the like. I went on the internet and found they only do coffee type drinks so im out.

My kids got chocolate Big Ms so they must own both.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Boys had fun- making up the slogans
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-01- ... xll-fix-it

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Pays the bills.

Good company to have around.

Don't let the players drink it. Will get you nothing but fat that stuff.

At least the admin are getting new sponsors on board.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....