Do you want us to beat Melbourne?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Do you want us to beat Melbourne?

Poll ended at Mon 27 Jul 2015 6:08pm

Yes, I want us to win.
88%
No, I want us to lose.
12%

Total votes: 68

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Do you want us to beat Melbourne?

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I thought we were talking about the 7 that you felt sorry for. It was their opinion and what they think is best for the club..why feel sorry for them ?

And im saying that the club don't think losing is whats best for the club.
and I'm wondering why you feel sorry for those who want to see the best for the club ?

Because we won and it also seems that they are wrong by thinking losing is best for the club as far as the club is concerned anyway. 2 reasons to feel for them. Even had a little cry for them. So sad.
there are so many differing views on here regarding what is thought to be best for the club...you would have to the saddest person on here :)

Personal again. Pity. Im not going by what the views on here are about whats best for the club. Im going by what it seems to me are the clubs views and they keep picking sides that are good enough to win. They aren't playing guys out of position. It seems they think winning is whats best for the club.

And im really happy because we won. hardly sad about it except I feel empathy for those who wanted to lose. Its a bad day for them.
personal ? really ? I was simply stating what you had already stated about yourself. Getting a bit touchy ? It's good that you are happy but why feel sad for those who have different ideas to you on what is best for the club ?

your turn.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: personal ? really ? I was simply stating what you had already stated about yourself. Getting a bit touchy ? It's good that you are happy but why feel sad for those who have different ideas to you on what is best for the club ?

your turn.

Im just a person who cares and its a bad day for those who wanted to lose. Not only did we win we also got what the club want and that is why I feel sorry for them. Its empathy. Im not touchy at all. Im not the only one fighting a losing battle today. I think you need to find your other 6 troops.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote: personal ? really ? I was simply stating what you had already stated about yourself. Getting a bit touchy ? It's good that you are happy but why feel sad for those who have different ideas to you on what is best for the club ?

your turn.

Im just a person who cares and its a bad day for those who wanted to lose. Not only did we win we also got what the club want and that is why I feel sorry for them. Its empathy. Im not touchy at all. Im not the only one fighting a losing battle today. I think you need to find your other 6 troops.
Who is fighting a losing battle ?
lol I don't think I need help :) So you care...and you think they don't ? You feel sorry for a group of fellow supporters who wanted the best for the club.? That sounds very divisive to me.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

66 votes freaky!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

your turn.

lol I don't think I need help :) So you care...and you think they don't ? You feel sorry for a group of fellow supporters who wanted the best for the club.? That sounds very divisive to me.

Maybe I didn't express it properly. I care for the people who wanted to lose. I wasn't talking about the footy club. Im sure we all care about them. Never said those wanting to lose didn't care about the club. Not once. And I feel sorry with empathy not sorry for their thinking. Sorry they barracked against us and lost today. Just like a feel sorry when a person horse loses. Im sorry in a caring way. They picked a loser today. Why wouldn't I feel sorry for them. I would hope if we lost today you would feel sorry for those who wanted to win.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

your turn.

Maybe I didn't express it properly. I care for the people who wanted to lose. I wasn't talking about the footy club. Im sure we all care about them. Never said those wanting to lose didn't care about the club. Not once. And I feel sorry with empathy not sorry for their thinking. Sorry they barracked against us and lost today. Just like a feel sorry when a person horse loses. Im sorry in a caring way. They picked a loser today. Why wouldn't I feel sorry for them. I would hope if we lost today you would feel sorry for those who wanted to win.
But at the end of the day we all want the same end result, success for the club...so I ask again why would you feel sorry for those who ultimately want what you supposedly want ?
Or is it a case of you pointing out whats right and feeling sorry for those who don't agree with you ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

your turn.

But at the end of the day we all want the same end result, success for the club...so I ask again why would you feel sorry for those who ultimately want what you supposedly want ?
Or is it a case of you pointing out whats right and feeling sorry for those who don't agree with you ?

Are you actually reading the crap I am writing. I feel sorry for them because they didn't get the result they wanted. Get it.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

shittywest must be crying into a glass somewhere

Melb must be so cut still going no ware and a club in a rebuild is passing them in list progression

Fortius Quo Fidelius
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I feel sorry for those who want the best for the club but are going about it the wrong way.

Today should be a cause for celebration but their are a misguided few who are miserable tonight because we are now a game and 10% ahead of our nearest rivals.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

your turn.

Are you actually reading the crap I am writing. I feel sorry for them because they didn't get the result they wanted. Get it.
Well don't feel sorry for them because we all want the same thing at the end of the day..hopefully we succeed despite not getting a higher pick. and I won't feel sorry for you after our next loss.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I feel sorry for those who want the best for the club but are going about it the wrong way.

Today should be a cause for celebration but their are a misguided few who are miserable tonight because we are now a game and 10% ahead of our nearest rivals.
I am happy in thought that some on here know the right way :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:

Well don't feel sorry for them because we all want the same thing at the end of the day..hopefully we succeed despite not getting a higher pick. and I won't feel sorry for you after our next loss.[/quote]

Good on you. That's the boy. Great positive stuff.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

Well don't feel sorry for them because we all want the same thing at the end of the day..hopefully we succeed despite not getting a higher pick. and I won't feel sorry for you after our next loss.
plugger66 wrote: Good on you. That's the boy. Great positive stuff.
My thoughts are always for a positive future. Please don't feel sorry for me :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

My thoughts are always for a positive future. Please don't feel sorry for me :)[/quote]

Ok then but I always feel sorry for losers and you lost today. from now on I will only feel sorry for the other losers.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

plugger66 wrote:Ok then but I always feel sorry for losers and you lost today. from now on I will only feel sorry for the other losers.
Why feel sorry for me ? I want the best for our club as they do. If the club struggles in the future due to lack of good high picks then you may feel sorry for yourself. We will see further down the track who lost today but in the meantime Plugger try to have a little respect for your fellow supporters and there views and direct your sympathy elsewhere.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Ok, simple

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

fmd

i didnt even vote
cmon koz, was obviously a slight troll/dig at teffs from earlier on

no prob with it myself just dont see why its not admitted :?

im always up for the win
imagine losing to melb with spud watts
i cant see roos being some almighty mr fix it for the MFC

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

plugger66 wrote:Ok then but I always feel sorry for losers and you lost today. from now on I will only feel sorry for the other losers.
Why feel sorry for me ? I want the best for our club as they do. If the club struggles in the future due to lack of good high picks then you may feel sorry for yourself. We will see further down the track who lost today but in the meantime Plugger try to have a little respect for your fellow supporters and there views and direct your sympathy elsewhere.
Well played Firey - clearly on a different intelligence plain to Pluggs ...
Whose sorry for wanting the best end result for the club which is a flag - maybe kozi can start another useless poll on "who doesn't want to win the flag??"
Ironically, yesterdays best players were all older and they will be gone in 3yrs - as noted by others, what the game showed was StKilda still have a core of seasoned ex GF side running round and Melbourne have that bald guy then heap of kids....
While we all like to win - I wouldn't be crowing to much about beating lowly Dees...... a week earlier a 5th placed Tigers did it easy against us before resting up in the last....
Anyhow I still hope for a Parish cause I know longer term that's what we really need and wins like are forgotten in a week....

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Did we Win yesterday ?
... really.

Hmmm , not so sure about that.
... though all the happyclappychappies could be correct.

No doubt the Truth shall show itself somewhere further down the wallaby track.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Well played Firey - clearly on a different intelligence plain to Pluggs ...
Whose sorry for wanting the best end result for the club which is a flag - maybe kozi can start another useless poll on "who doesn't want to win the flag??"
Ironically, yesterdays best players were all older and they will be gone in 3yrs - as noted by others, what the game showed was StKilda still have a core of seasoned ex GF side running round and Melbourne have that bald guy then heap of kids....
While we all like to win - I wouldn't be crowing to much about beating lowly Dees...... a week earlier a 5th placed Tigers did it easy against us before resting up in the last....
Anyhow I still hope for a Parish cause I know longer term that's what we really need and wins like are forgotten in a week....

Poor teffes. lacks the confidence to go on his own so finds one person who agrees with him. And we don't all like to win. 7 people wanted to lose yesterday. That is fact so don't talk crap. And I don't see many crowing. I see people happy to win games instead of waiting 3 years to see if pick 4 ends up better than pick 6.

One day you argument will be strong enough to go it alone. Well maybe not because it is you doing the arguing and I doubt you are strong enough.

And what does who sorry for wanting the best result for the club even mean? Makes no sense. I was sorry for those who got their pick sorry. I was sorry for a mate who lost money on horse. Its just empathy for those who didn't get their result of us losing.

felix
Club Player

Empathy and sympathy are two very different things , look it up .

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Empathy and sympathy are two very different things , look it up .

I feel sorry for them and also understand there reasoning. Probably feel more sympathy for them.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

only 7 people!

im a little bit disappointment with the final gospel poll ratings

i mean theres no chance of anyone taking the piss
not on here
no sir-ee bob

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Could of been 8.
... the poll was shut by the time i went to vote.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I've opened it up again just for you.

Knock yourself out.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"