Round 22 Adam Goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 22 Adam Goodes

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
A girl called him an ape. No one called him a gorilla. lets not get cute about that either.
Eddie inferred he was an ape/gorrila with the King Kong stuff (just after the girl incident). Lets not pretend otherwise and play species semantics of apes v gorrilas.
NO ONE CALLED HIM A GORILLA..
ape
eɪp/
noun
a large primate that lacks a tail, including the gorilla, chimpanzees, orang-utan, and gibbons.
synonyms: primate, simian; More
Highly relevant. Not.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
RODOS wrote:There have always been players that just get booed no matter what. Riewoldt used to get booed a lot even up to a few years ago (until everyone accepted him for the champion he is).

Although the booing of adam goodes could have started from that indiscriminate booing of a good opposition player, it's moved into a whole other cluster F*** of reasons.

Racism
Bullying
Booing him because he's a good player
Because everyone else is
Because he's a cheap player/sniper
etc

It's ugly, it's the pack mentality on show, to the point it can't be ignored. I can't pretend I like Goodes, but I've been trained (rightfully so) to dislike almost any player that isn't a saint. But for the people that straight out hate him and dislike his political agenda, I think there's a lack of empathy there for indigenous people in general. They've been through a hell of a lot, and are still doing so today.

Oh and in regards to the term australia day. If my people were on the receiving end of genocide i'd probably struggle not to rain on parades and call it invasion day also.

We aren't seriously suggesting other players have been booed like Goodes. There are many reasons for this and now I think the stupid herd mentality has taken over but there is no doubt one of the reasons is racism. It certainly wasn't his fault he was Australian of the year and it certainly wasn't his fault he was called a gorilla. Could he have handled it better? Probably but it is enough for those with racist feeling in their body to have a reason to boo him.
Never heard that he was called a gorilla before. Is that a news scoop Some other uninformed poster suggested earlier that he was called a monkey. Wrong again. You gotta wish people that want to sprout off their knowledge, would get their facts right first.
During a promotion for 'King Kong the musical', Eddie said something like, "I wonder if Goodesy will be coming down for it."

So in fact he was called a gorrila. Lets not pretend otherwise.
A girl called him an ape. No one called him a gorilla. lets not get cute about that either.

Either way it doesn't matter it is racist because of the way they have been portrayed in the past. Racists tried to use evolution as a way to suggest they were further down the evolutionary chain. They were considered sub human by some early Tasmanians and massacred. The history of a white man in a white majority country being compared to a cuddly South American camel hardly comes with the same connotation.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sorry but I wont keep them to myself if they are said on a public forum and I think its a poor comment. Report me for something if you like. Not sure what though. And I don't care what you say I look like because there is no racism against white people in Australia. And im not beating my own drum. Im saying your comments don't mean a thing when comparing them to Goodes. Look me up on facebook on the Ormond footy site if you are so keen to look at me. I have told you I look like a red faced jew.
Honestly, it's like someone distilled all the stupidity in the world and pumped it into your head.

Why is that? Because your mate said something I think is crap. Yep good one. Debate the topic if you like otherwise your post means jack but you can still say what you want. Its a free country. Luckily someone set you free.
No, because it was a most pathetic attempt to bait even for you. We were debating the topic until you started that your usual derailment s***. Is there a thread around here where you haven't tried this?
By the way, what does a "red faced jew" look like? I grew up in the middle of a Jewish community, and I have know idea what that means.

That is complete crap. We were debating racism and a person comes on here and says people say Nick looks like an Alpaca. it isn't relevant at all what Nick has been told he looks like and if people cant see the difference between a white person looking like an Alpaca and a black person being called an ape then either they don't get racism or if they do then they are racist. It is completely relevant what I said and it is the correct thread. There is no derailing at all. You don't like it because the guy is mate or maybe you also don't get an issue with it.

A red faced jew looks like me. I have no other way I explaining that. Like I said look on facebook if you are that interested. I can assure you my looks are poor and not that interesting.
So he makes a comment about Nick being called an alpaca, and that's an outrage, yet you repeating the "red faced jew" line is...witty?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Please send me the pic so I can make my own observation and if my description of you is close yet unflattering will you get upset ? In meantime keep your interpretations of what I say to yourself. I'm not interested in them unless of course you you are doing this to beat your own drum ? Most on here would agree with the latter :)

Sorry but I wont keep them to myself if they are said on a public forum and I think its a poor comment. Report me for something if you like. Not sure what though. And I don't care what you say I look like because there is no racism against white people in Australia. And im not beating my own drum. Im saying your comments don't mean a thing when comparing them to Goodes. Look me up on facebook on the Ormond footy site if you are so keen to look at me. I have told you I look like a red faced jew.
I would never report you Pluggsy...that's not my go and you are right I have nothing to report ...serial pest is not reportable one here :) ..and there is no racism against white people in Australia...how did you come up with that gem ? racism is a 2 way street no matter where you are..very silly thing to say Pluggsy.
I think that is by far the silliest comment he has ever made on this forum.

Doesn't he remember the Greeks and Italians being called, spics, wogs, dagoes etc.

And that's just for starters.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
So he makes a comment about Nick being called an alpaca, and that's an outrage, yet you repeating the "red faced jew" line is...witty?

Well the fact that im jewish and have a red face and I was trying to describe myself makes my comments fair enough I would have thought. Why do you think Nick looks like an Alpaca was even mentioned. Just sayin.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Pluggsy called us mates Satchmo... I am offended..he seems to like offending people.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Please send me the pic so I can make my own observation and if my description of you is close yet unflattering will you get upset ? In meantime keep your interpretations of what I say to yourself. I'm not interested in them unless of course you you are doing this to beat your own drum ? Most on here would agree with the latter :)

I would never report you Pluggsy...that's not my go and you are right I have nothing to report ...serial pest is not reportable one here :) ..and there is no racism against white people in Australia...how did you come up with that gem ? racism is a 2 way street no matter where you are..very silly thing to say Pluggsy.
I think that is by far the silliest comment he has ever made on this forum.

Doesn't he remember the Greeks and Italians being called, spics, wogs, dagoes etc.

And that's just for starters.

If you read it I admitted I left out the words about comparing whites to animals. I don't recall Italians being called Elephants or any other name. Do you think Nick being called an alpaca has any relevance at all on this thread. I can only see the reason it was mentioned was because people said Goodes looks like an ape.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Eddie inferred he was an ape/gorrila with the King Kong stuff (just after the girl incident). Lets not pretend otherwise and play species semantics of apes v gorrilas.
ape
eɪp/
noun
a large primate that lacks a tail, including the gorilla, chimpanzees, orang-utan, and gibbons.
Highly relevant. Not.
Of course it's relevant. Calling someone an ape, might or might not be racists. Hell, I have called opposing ruckmen "ape". As in get off me you fat ape. and they were all white from memory.

Certainly calling someone of a darker complexion, a monkey or a gorilla has racist overtones, and that is what a couple of posters with dubious motives are trying to suggest that is what Eddie and the girl called goodes, which is just a plain lie, and they know it. Just doesn't fit their purpose.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
RODOS wrote:There have always been players that just get booed no matter what. Riewoldt used to get booed a lot even up to a few years ago (until everyone accepted him for the champion he is).

Although the booing of adam goodes could have started from that indiscriminate booing of a good opposition player, it's moved into a whole other cluster F*** of reasons.

Racism
Bullying
Booing him because he's a good player
Because everyone else is
Because he's a cheap player/sniper
etc

It's ugly, it's the pack mentality on show, to the point it can't be ignored. I can't pretend I like Goodes, but I've been trained (rightfully so) to dislike almost any player that isn't a saint. But for the people that straight out hate him and dislike his political agenda, I think there's a lack of empathy there for indigenous people in general. They've been through a hell of a lot, and are still doing so today.

Oh and in regards to the term australia day. If my people were on the receiving end of genocide i'd probably struggle not to rain on parades and call it invasion day also.

We aren't seriously suggesting other players have been booed like Goodes. There are many reasons for this and now I think the stupid herd mentality has taken over but there is no doubt one of the reasons is racism. It certainly wasn't his fault he was Australian of the year and it certainly wasn't his fault he was called a gorilla. Could he have handled it better? Probably but it is enough for those with racist feeling in their body to have a reason to boo him.
Never heard that he was called a gorilla before. Is that a news scoop Some other uninformed poster suggested earlier that he was called a monkey. Wrong again. You gotta wish people that want to sprout off their knowledge, would get their facts right first.
During a promotion for 'King Kong the musical', Eddie said something like, "I wonder if Goodesy will be coming down for it."

So in fact he was called a gorrila. Lets not pretend otherwise.

Either way it doesn't matter it is racist because of the way they have been portrayed in the past. Racists tried to use evolution as a way to suggest they were further down the evolutionary chain. They were considered sub human by some early Tasmanians and massacred. The history of a white man in a white majority country being compared to a cuddly South American camel hardly comes with the same connotation.
See my post above.

I won't repeat some of the things i have heard roo being called by Filth supporters.
Last edited by saynta on Tue 28 Jul 2015 6:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
ape
eɪp/
noun
Highly relevant. Not.
Of course it's relevant. Calling someone an ape, might or might not be racists. Hell, I have called opposing ruckmen "ape". As in get off me you fat ape. and they were all white from memory.

Certainly calling someone of a darker complexion, a monkey or a gorilla has racist overtones, and that is what a couple of posters with dubious motives are trying to suggest that is what Eddie and the girl called goodes, which is just a plain lie, and they know it. Just doesn't fit their purpose.

At least your first line proves you have no idea what racism is. Calling a white ruckman an ape isn't even slightly racist but calling a black person and ape or a gorilla is completely racist. I really feel sorry for these peoples kids if they cant teach them what is and isn't racist.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
ape
eɪp/
noun
Highly relevant. Not.

At least your first line no proves you have no idea what racism is. Calling a white ruckman an ape isn't even slightly racist but calling a black person and ape or a gorilla is completely racist.
I don't think for one second that the young girl was being racist, and either would any fair minded person.

judging by your earlier comments about white people in this country, it is obvious that you are the clueless person around here.

Freebird
Club Player

Gringo, are you for real...why does not Rioli get booed or any other aborigine player....white peaple get boo'd too, so if they're black its racist if their white waht then.

Goods divides the community rather than unite it.....

I used to admire him now I just think he's a sad case with a twisted mind - in a reverse racist type of way.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
I don't think for one second that the young girl was being racist, and either would any fair minded person.

judging by your earlier comments about white people in this country, it is obvious that you are the clueless person around here.

I didn't mention the young girl. I mentioned you and your lack of knowledge. And I know you choose to ignore it but I explained I left out comparing white people to animals in this country and how it cant be racist. I hope that if you have kids someone else is teaching them about racism.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:

Well the fact that im jewish and have a red face and I was trying to describe myself makes my comments fair enough I would have thought. Why do you think Nick looks like an Alpaca was even mentioned. Just sayin.
So your remark is not offensive in context because you are Jewish. Do you think it would be offensive if you weren't Jewish? Are we supposed to know that you are? I think that many people might find it offensive.

Clearly the Fireman's remark was to do with two footballers being compared to animals. Many might disagree with the comment, but the hysterical response was out of line considering that the Fireman is an Alpaca. Just sayin.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
markp
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
ape
eɪp/
noun
Highly relevant. Not.

It's not relevant because a gorilla is an ape, and calling a black person either is blatantly racist.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Pluggsy called us mates Satchmo... I am offended..he seems to like offending people.
Go back to bed sweety, I'll fix us a nice mug of bonox.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

I didn't mention the young girl. I mentioned you and your lack of knowledge. And I know you choose to ignore it but I explained I left out comparing white people to animals in this country and how it cant be racist. I hope that if you have kids someone else is teaching them about racism.

I haven't seen the explanation you are talking about nor am i interested in reading it. Your original post shows how pig ignorant you are.

Your comment about children is offensive. You leave them out of any discussion and I won't bring yours into those discussions either.
Last edited by saynta on Tue 28 Jul 2015 7:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
ape
eɪp/
noun
Highly relevant. Not.

It's not relevant because a gorilla is an ape, and calling a black person either is blatantly racist.
Sure,it can be, but stop trying to vilify a young 13 year old girl when you know nothing about her.

I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt because I also don't know anything about her.

And my comments are relevant. What is irrelevant to me is your opinion.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

I haven't seen the explanation you are talking aboutnor am i interested in reading it. Your original post shows how pig ignorant you are.

Your comment about children is offensive. You leave them out of any discussion and I won't bring yours into those discussions either.

I didn't have a go at your kids. I had a go at your lack of knowledge of what is considered racism. Its quite sad that you don't understand it at all.

Anyway I hope you don't boo Goodes in round 22. I hope no one does but I know that wont happen unfortunately.

lewdogs
Club Player

I think it's good that Goodes spoke up about the girl, for her sake too. Now she realises that it is very racist to call a black person an ape. Hopefully she won't do it again.

Sadly some on this forum haven't learnt the lesson.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:

So your remark is not offensive in context because you are Jewish. Do you think it would be offensive if you weren't Jewish? Are we supposed to know that you are? I think that many people might find it offensive.

Clearly the Fireman's remark was to do with two footballers being compared to animals. Many might disagree with the comment, but the hysterical response was out of line considering that the Fireman is an Alpaca. Just sayin.
Do you actually believe anything that poster says about himself.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote:I think it's good that Goodes spoke up about the girl, for her sake too. Now she realises that it is very racist to call a black person an ape. Hopefully she won't do it again.

Sadly some on this forum haven't learnt the lesson.
I hope you aren't referring to me. I know full well that calling a black person an ape is considered racist by that black person, and society as a whole.

What I am arguing is we don't know if the girl realised that, and that sometimes whites have been called apes too, which isn't racist.

I am horrified when I hear that someone has been racially abused at the footy. I have heard it myself in the past, and from saints supporters too.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:

Why is saying you look like a red faced jew offensive. Some jewish people have distinctive features and I also have a red face. Im unsure how else I could describe myself but if you think its racist I will withdraw it. I have a red face. And the response wasn't hysterical at all. I just pointed out that you cant compare a white person looking like an Alpaca and a black person looking like an ape.

markp
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
ape
eɪp/
noun
Highly relevant. Not.

Sure,it can be, but stop trying to vilify a young 13 year old girl when you know nothing about her.

I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt because I also don't know anything about her.

I've not commented on the 13 year old girl.

You said calling a black person a gorilla 'has racist overtones', but calling them an ape 'might or might not be racist'... when a gorilla is in fact an ape, so there is effectively no difference.

But ok, maybe the guy ejected in WA for yelling at goodes to get back to the zoo was unfairly treated, because we cant be sure what sort of animal he was comparing goodes to.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
ape
eɪp/
noun
Highly relevant. Not.

But you keep replying Stinger.