Is Jaeger Worth the Trouble?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Jaeger Worth the Trouble?

SuperDuper wrote:
Zed wrote:So we won't give up our first rounder, and the second rounder has already been sold. Third rounder plus a starting 18 player for a high risk prospect is very bold given we have Freeman.

Personally I think another club will be prepared to pay a higher price.

well it all depends on the medical.

If our club think he will get back to fitness, I am sure they will part with pick 10 for him
The question is whether there is more involved and how much more....

Clearly if he gets back to is best he is worth pick 10.... looked the best young player in the comp, and by some margin, in his first 2 years...
I really cant recall anyone that impressive at that age.... and i have watched AFL for many many years...

Anyway... let's see what the medicos say...

I don't think the medical 'experts' can possibly know. All they can do is provide an opinion. The evidence says that he's stuffed. It's a very serious knee injury.

GC spent two years rehabilitating him and the first time he set foot back on a ground in July he lasted less than half a game, needed more surgery and season over again. I just can't understand how people think that doesn't give a much much truer indication of where he's at than any number of medical 'experts'. Surely before he played in July the medical experts gave him the all-clear and it was part of a carefully managed plan. I'm sure they didn't just decide at a random time, "ok, now you can play again". There would have been extensive medical consultation before he set foot back on a ground.
And it lasted less than half a game. It shows that the 'experts' really know SFA when it comes to something like this.

If the club base a decision on 'expert' opinion and not on what's actually happened - and pay big dollars for him - recipe for disaster IMO.
We've at last got sound executive management, an on-field plan that's showing excellent progress, astute recruiting and list development and are moving back to our spiritual home. Recruiting O'Meara for big dollars / high picks and having him sit on the sidelines for three years whilst we fill up his bank account would be, I'm sorry to say, classical STKFC shooting itself in the foot. Really really hope that doesn't happen.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

But our medicos have done huge with Freeman and Alistair Smith, go for it I say!

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

whiskers3614 wrote:But our medicos have done huge with Freeman and Alistair Smith, go for it I say!
Third time lucky (and Hamill is still only 2 weeks away)?
Marvelous, I say. Truly marvelous.